What game(s) are you playing? - Page 553 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 126Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5521 of 9661 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 08:28 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,307
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426 View Post
Just finished playing Deadpool. Awesome game. Short, but awesome. Now I'm getting ready to play Wolfenstein: The New Order. Its taking forever for the content to load.
Played 2 hours of this game and I died a lot. I did manged to get past Deathshead's Compound and the Asylum. Now I got to catch the train to Berlin.

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5522 of 9661 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,307
                     
Can't wait to play some more tomorrow.
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #5523 of 9661 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,301
                     
The shooter I had the most fun playing was MOH and its predecessor on PC, I also enjoyed what they call vanilla Wow, but it actually wasn't vanilla at all, nowadays everybody has the same abilities wrapped in different icons, back then not so much.

But on a console hands down "the last of us" is the best game I've played. Halo was good for its day too and gta.

sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
post #5524 of 9661 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,096
                     
Thinking of finally getting a PS4 today but can't think of a single game to buy. I wanna buy UFC purely because I'm a UFC fan but the game itself looks horrendous. Not sure if even my fandom will get me to like it.
AlphaDawg is offline  
post #5525 of 9661 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 07:26 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,725
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
Thinking of finally getting a PS4 today but can't think of a single game to buy. I wanna buy UFC purely because I'm a UFC fan but the game itself looks horrendous. Not sure if even my fandom will get me to like it.
UFC is really fun online. Nobody likes the single player, I've never met anyone that had genuine fun playing single player (career mode), but the online is really fun.

I'm thinking about getting Wolfenstein, but $60 is a lot for a 10 hour fps with no online.
M.C is offline  
post #5526 of 9661 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 07:04 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
Thinking of finally getting a PS4 today but can't think of a single game to buy. I wanna buy UFC purely because I'm a UFC fan but the game itself looks horrendous. Not sure if even my fandom will get me to like it.
You gotta get Watch Dogs dude, it's a must have.

2015 is gonna be the shit though if you have a PS4, The Division, Evolve, The Order, Arkham Knight, Dying Light and Uncharted 4. I can't wait man, gonna have to put in a lot of overtime for my gaming needs. I haven't played mine much as of late because I was pretty disappointed with The Last of Us and UFC but next year should make up for it.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #5527 of 9661 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 08:16 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,307
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
UFC is really fun online. Nobody likes the single player, I've never met anyone that had genuine fun playing single player (career mode), but the online is really fun.

I'm thinking about getting Wolfenstein, but $60 is a lot for a 10 hour fps with no online.
If it makes a difference Amazon and Gamestop are selling it for $40.00 now. Although if you were looking for a supernatural horror like the past Wolfenstein games you might be disappointed. So far this game has been more Sci Fi then horror.

I was doing a little house cleaning today and I got hit with a nostalgia wave. I found a box that had my old Sega Genesis and games. Games like Cyborg Justice, James Pond 2, Streets of Rage, Jurassic Park, and of course Sonic The Hedgehog. I'm going to see if it still works.

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #5528 of 9661 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,096
                     
A little late to the party here but I finally decided to buy a PS4 and EA UFC. Instantly regretted it. I can honestly say I don't like a single thing about this game. The striking is clunky. I'll time a perfectly good counter but the punch will miss completely somehow, even though I'm well within range. Kicks have my fighter stumbling all over the place because they'll get interrupted mid animation. The grappling is even worse. Blocking transitions has become way to hard now so you can't really hold a guy down and beat him up anymore. Only a matter of time before their 'get up' spam prevails. And I'd say this is the worst submission minigame to date. Much preferred the Undisputed and EA MMA ones.

All in all, worst UFC game of recent memory. The only time this game is fun with when I'm playing with friends, but most games are better with friends so that doesn't say much.
AlphaDawg is offline  
post #5529 of 9661 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 12:37 AM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,307
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
A little late to the party here but I finally decided to buy a PS4 and EA UFC. Instantly regretted it. I can honestly say I don't like a single thing about this game. The striking is clunky. I'll time a perfectly good counter but the punch will miss completely somehow, even though I'm well within range. Kicks have my fighter stumbling all over the place because they'll get interrupted mid animation. The grappling is even worse. Blocking transitions has become way to hard now so you can't really hold a guy down and beat him up anymore. Only a matter of time before their 'get up' spam prevails. And I'd say this is the worst submission minigame to date. Much preferred the Undisputed and EA MMA ones.

All in all, worst UFC game of recent memory. The only time this game is fun with when I'm playing with friends, but most games are better with friends so that doesn't say much.
I'm going to be honest I never really understood the appeal of EA sports games. Every single sports game they come out with ends up being a carbon copy of the last game. What is the appeal of these games?

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #5530 of 9661 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 02:16 AM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,301
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426 View Post
I'm going to be honest I never really understood the appeal of EA sports games. Every single sports game they come out with ends up being a carbon copy of the last game. What is the appeal of these games?
Well they did say this would not be one of those games, they implied that they would support the game with patches updates and added fighters etc.

So hopefully they will keep patching till they get it right.

sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome