What game(s) are you playing? - Page 87 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

Reply

Old 04-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #861 (permalink)
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
luckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
It won't knock WoW off. Every big game is labeled the world of warcraft killer. Rift, Swtor, everything. WoW is still top dog.
I reckon the Elder Scrolls MMO might give WoW a run for it's money. Graphics wise it should hold a much higher standard than the much older WoW, even though that's not that important to me, I know it is for a lot of people. Skyrim was a big success with a ton of players, if they can get similar numbers for their MMO, it's possible they can knock WoW off the MMO throne.

On another note, I really hope we will hear some news soon about Blizzard working on Warcraft 4. WoW has kinda ruined the story for me, but it could still be a great strategy game. Warcraft 3 is my favorite game of all time.
__________________

luckbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #862 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,981
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckbox View Post
I reckon the Elder Scrolls MMO might give WoW a run for it's money. Graphics wise it should hold a much higher standard than the much older WoW, even though that's not that important to me, I know it is for a lot of people. Skyrim was a big success with a ton of players, if they can get similar numbers for their MMO, it's possible they can knock WoW off the MMO throne.

On another note, I really hope we will hear some news soon about Blizzard working on Warcraft 4. WoW has kinda ruined the story for me, but it could still be a great strategy game. Warcraft 3 is my favorite game of all time.
Rift and Swtor have better graphics than World of Warcraft. I think the Bethesda mmo could do well, but I don't think it would ever reach the amount of subcribers WoW had or has right now.
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #863 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,798
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Isn't just an MMO though. Guild Wars wasn't, neither will this be. It'll totally, without a doubt, blow any and every 'MMO' out of the water. No boring 'go kill 10 skeletons' type quests , and you feel like your actions really do impact the world. It's insane they don't ask for a subscrip fee.

I'm on the fence about D3 for now, purely because I don't want to spend a lot of cash on a game that I'll ditch once GW2 is out.
Why do your actions impact the world? I just read the wiki page and there was nothing on there about real-time world changing events based on your decisions. It's Wikipedia, though, so that's why I'm asking.

Does it make you feel a part of the world more than SWTOR does? That game has full on stories for each class, where you can make good or evil decisions effecting outcomes of quests and everything else, like you can in Mass Effect.

From what I understand, GW also has a few party systems that are unique from your standard MMO like the sidekick level system, but it's not unique to the MMO market in general, as it has been done in city of heroes and a few other MMO games already.

I just mean, there's nothing about GW2 that I haven't seen in countless other MMORPG's, and it would take something truly special for me to get into one again, that's why I'll be passing on it, just too much MMO for me these days.
__________________



“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

*READ/IMPORTANT*
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #864 (permalink)
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
luckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Rift and Swtor have better graphics than World of Warcraft. I think the Bethesda mmo could do well, but I don't think it would ever reach the amount of subcribers WoW had or has right now.
I never got into WoW, even when all my friends played it 5 or 6 years back, but for my money, the graphics are excellent, and fits the game like a glove. I reckon the graphics will stand the test of time. I'm amazed the endgame has been able to keep so many players after so many years though. Blizzard obviously played their cards right with this game, I just never got into it.
__________________

luckbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #865 (permalink)
THE MAULER
 
Leakler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 683
Leakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level now
Can't see any game taking wow of the top spot. Put almost 7 years into that game ha ha.
Leakler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #866 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,798
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Well, there are many great MMO games out there and a few (not many but a few) that I consider overall better than WoW. Of course, it is really just personal opinion, WoW was made for casual players - that's why it has such a huge fanbase. My mom plays WoW, for crying out loud.

It's the Wii of MMO's, where it has sold more than other MMOs, but it's made for casual MMORPG players/gamers, that's why so many people get into it, even non-gamers.

GW2 is going to be pretty great as well from what I have seen, but it just doesn't scream anything new or fresh that hasn't already been done more than a few times.

There have been many Diablo clones, and all of them have failed to live up to D2 (although many were fun and enjoyable in their own right), it's just simply great to have the King of the genre back again, and I'm just so ready and pumped for it.
__________________



“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

*READ/IMPORTANT*
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #867 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,981
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Well, there are many great MMO games out there and a few (not many but a few) that I consider overall better than WoW. Of course, it is really just personal opinion, WoW was made for casual players - that's why it has such a huge fanbase. My mom plays WoW, for crying out loud.

It's the Wii of MMO's, where it has sold more than other MMOs, but it's made for casual MMORPG players/gamers, that's why so many people get into it, even non-gamers.

GW2 is going to be pretty great as well from what I have seen, but it just doesn't scream anything new or fresh that hasn't already been done more than a few times.

There have been many Diablo clones, and all of them have failed to live up to D2 (although many were fun and enjoyable in their own right), it's just simply great to have the King of the genre back again, and I'm just so ready and pumped for it.
Eh, the game has gotten easier for casual players but it wasn't specifically made for them. WoW did an outstanding job making the game for everyone. Hardcore gamers have their fun doing heroic raids, casual gamers can do dungeons, quests, whatever. Decent players have heroic dungeons, regular raids. The game has something in it for everyone from new players to the best gamers.

I mean Heroic Ragnaros from the last patch was the hardest boss to date in this game. No casual players will ever see that content without being carried the entire way. Heck, I have done the entire expansion including some heroic kills, but I have never made it to the heroic final boss.

The game just has ways of appealing to everyone.
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #868 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,798
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Eh, the game has gotten easier for casual players but it wasn't specifically made for them. WoW did an outstanding job making the game for everyone. Hardcore gamers have their fun doing heroic raids, casual gamers can do dungeons, quests, whatever. Decent players have heroic dungeons, regular raids. The game has something in it for everyone from new players to the best gamers.

I mean Heroic Ragnaros from the last patch was the hardest boss to date in this game. No casual players will ever see that content without being carried the entire way. Heck, I have done the entire expansion including some heroic kills, but I have never made it to the heroic final boss.

The game just has ways of appealing to everyone.
That's kind of the point, like the Wii has Zelda: Skyward Sword, but it also has Mario Party.

It is a MMO that anyone can play, and that's why it has such a huge following, because it's a casual MMO that can be hardcore if you put enough time into it.

I don't think that makes it "the best" MMO, though, just the one that has sold the most. Of course, not saying it's bad, it's a pretty solid MMO all around, but the quality of it gets overhyped a bit, people point at its sales as proof of how good it is, when it just doesn't work like that, otherwise the Wii outclasses the PS3 and 360 by a long shot.
__________________



“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin

*READ/IMPORTANT*
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #869 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,981
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Ah, misunderstood the post.

I agree. But I will say that in my opinion, fighting mechanics and character mechanics are the best out right now. (The way raids/dungeons work, spell rotations, etc...)
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #870 (permalink)
Gone Hunting
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gods country
Posts: 4,401
Blog Entries: 2
Rusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings System
Played Diablo for a few hours today and although I was entertained,I wasn't blown away. I'm in the minority of people who use the buttons to steer in WoW but I couldn't get used to the mouse in Diablo.

I only played the PS version of the original so I'd much prefer another version on a console. Still a fun game.
__________________

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios