What game(s) are you playing? - Page 90 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

 73Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #891 of 9097 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 3,989
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
FF7 is awesome, and the orange box when it released was awesome.

Half-Life 2 is, without question and without any doubt, the greatest single-player FPS of all time.
I just....couldn't get into it. I tried to go through the single-player two seperate times and it just started to bore me and lacked enough action.

What I really want to check out is the new CS. BF3 didn't come close to what I wanted it to be but i'm hoping CS will.

Rygu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #892 of 9097 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:15 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,039
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygu View Post
I just....couldn't get into it. I tried to go through the single-player two seperate times and it just started to bore me and lacked enough action.

What I really want to check out is the new CS. BF3 didn't come close to what I wanted it to be but i'm hoping CS will.
It lacks action compared to Call of Duty, BF3 and other shooters because Half-Life is a story driven game. The combat is shooting sure, but it's story driven. Gordon Freeman is one of the most beloved game characters ever because of the story and atmosphere/way the game plays out.

You have to play it like a story game that has shooting, and not like a shooting game that has a story, if that makes sense.
M.C is offline  
post #893 of 9097 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygu View Post
I just....couldn't get into it. I tried to go through the single-player two seperate times and it just started to bore me and lacked enough action.
Really? The part where you are riding the badass water scooter through the sewers chased by a helicopter had my adrenaline pumping like I've never had before or after playing a game.

I will be checking out the new CS, but it's gonna have a hard time following 1.6. That's just a timeless game, like Tetris. There are so many games out there that looks amazing like BF3, MW3, Black Ops... but good old CS 1.6 still has a much more enjoyable multiplayer. I don't think people will ever stop playing it.


luckbox is offline  
post #894 of 9097 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 3,989
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
It lacks action compared to Call of Duty, BF3 and other shooters because Half-Life is a story driven game. The combat is shooting sure, but it's story driven. Gordon Freeman is one of the most beloved game characters ever because of the story and atmosphere/way the game plays out.

You have to play it like a story game that has shooting, and not like a shooting game that has a story, if that makes sense.
I get what you mean. The story just didn't hold my interest. I'm not generally a huge sci-fi fan so that may be why. I loved Fallout NV because of the story though, played that game way too much.

Right now i'm actually playing NOLF on PC, still a badass game to this day.

Rygu is offline  
post #895 of 9097 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,216
                     
FF7 still has one of the best storylines of any game ever though. Just sayin'




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #896 of 9097 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,039
                     
It does have one of the best stories, and easily the best magic system (materia) out of any RPG I've ever played.
M.C is offline  
post #897 of 9097 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Bantamweight
 
IcemanJacques's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 524
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckbox View Post
Do you use Steam? Cause I've got a an extra copy of Half-Life laying around on my account. If you want it, it's yours.
I do use Steam. Unfortunately though I mainly use a Mac and Half Life is only compatible with Windows. Thanks for the offer though mate, appreciate it.
IcemanJacques is offline  
post #898 of 9097 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanJacques View Post
I do use Steam. Unfortunately though I mainly use a Mac and Half Life is only compatible with Windows. Thanks for the offer though mate, appreciate it.
No problem mate. I guess it's up for grabs then. If anyone wants it, just let me know. It's no use for me anyway.


luckbox is offline  
post #899 of 9097 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,754
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckbox View Post
No problem mate. I guess it's up for grabs then. If anyone wants it, just let me know. It's no use for me anyway.
Is it the first hl? If it is I would gladly take it!

Intermission is offline  
post #900 of 9097 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Is it the first hl? If it is I would gladly take it!
Yes it is my friend. It's already on the way.


luckbox is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome