Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida - UFC Undisputed 3 Prediction - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

Reply

Old 12-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,442
Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
Yeah the Undisputed is definitely a let down. EA MMA blew it out of the water, though that game had it's flaws as well.
__________________
"Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore." - Tyrion Lannister
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dance Class with Dom.
Posts: 8,429
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
UFC really should have hooked up with 2k for their games, their NBA series was just as good as EA's, then they finally put it to the bed when they got Jordan and got all of the Live fans to come over.

As for the actual fight, I don't see a KO or submission happening at all.
__________________
THE PERFECT STORM

THE PERFECT RECORD

THE PERFECT FIGHTER
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
I am honestly surprised by the support for EA MMA on here. I have played Undisputed and EA multiple times and EA MMA is undoubtedly an utterly awful game. So many things wrong with it.

- The grappling system was complete shit. You could win every single with match with the same combination of moves. Dashing Takedown + Armbar. DO that and you win every single match within the first 30 seconds generally.

- The movement was horrible since you looked like you were gliding half the time.

- The punching part of striking was fine but the kicks were god awful. Very sluggish and annoyingly difficult to throw.

- Overly simplistic grappling. Instead of skill we can use a single button to advance and a single button to block. Not that either matters because the moment you lock on a limb submission you win.

- Extremely limited move selection for customizing fighters. 16 moves? Really?

- Arbitrary, random numbers set for the big name fighters in the game.

I work with video games every day and the vast majority of people absolutely despised EA MMA. It's support here is mind boggling.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,442
Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
Sorry Dead you are outnumbered here .

Quote:
The grappling system was complete shit. You could win every single with match with the same combination of moves. Dashing Takedown + Armbar. DO that and you win every single match within the first 30 seconds generally.
The game is easy on normal mode without a doubt, you need to put it on hard to gain a challenge. Never made a submission base character (Preferred strikers) so I don't know how easy it was to submit when your sub skills rating are high, but with average skill ratings it sure wasn't that easy. Also as a Kickboxer I worked on my clinch and TDD, both which allowed me to keep things on the feet. Even if it is easy to submit in this game you would have to take me down first ;-). If a sub artist takesdown a Kickboxer he should have all the advantages, just like if a Kickboxer is able to keep it standing he should have the advantage. Just like real life.

Quote:
- The movement was horrible since you looked like you were gliding half the time.
I totally disagree with you, movement and striking range was one of it's stronger points.

Quote:
- The punching part of striking was fine but the kicks were god awful. Very sluggish and annoyingly difficult to throw.
I played Kickboxer and in no way was it hard to land kicks. It's slower to land than punches obviously because they are more powerful, but all you need is to perfect timing.

Quote:
- Overly simplistic grappling. Instead of skill we can use a single button to advance and a single button to block. Not that either matters because the moment you lock on a limb submission you win.
Not so simple. You have different mechanics that go into it. Possible choices while grappling, block (RT), evade (RT and direction of incoming hit), strike to body, strike to head, advance or prevent advancement (A for advancement, O for prevention I believe), try and stand up or prevent from standing up (Y to stand or O to prevent), and X to try and submit. Also you to press to advance or stand up the opponent can prevent by pressing a button with a certain time frame. If you try block punches being thrown on the ground you are open for subs, if you try and advance to fast your opponent can sweep you. Hardly "press one button" for this and that, it's not that simplistic.

Quote:
- Extremely limited move selection for customizing fighters. 16 moves? Really?
16 SPECIAL moves, that is in addition to regular moves. Though you are right on the customization part which was a bit lacking.

Quote:
- Arbitrary, random numbers set for the big name fighters in the game.
Rating a fighter's skill is a bit arbitrary don't you think because it is based on that person's opinion of the fighter. We can all agree Maia is a top sub artist right? But what exact number would you give in on a scale of 1-100? 85? 91? 97? Or how about rating striking in a fighter like Nick Diaz where you have fanbois that would give him a 99 and haters that would give him a 65? That point is moot IMO.

I think you played it for 1-3 hours tops after spending a good portion playing Undisputed and didn't like the difference between the two (a guess really so don't take it personal). Both games are good in their own respects. I personally didn't like Undisputed but that doesn't mean that it sucks - maybe it's not my style. It's like those than shat on Modern Warfare and praise Battlefield, whenever you have two different interpretations of the same thing people will disagree and choose one or the other (some enjoy both).
__________________
"Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore." - Tyrion Lannister
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post


Imagine this type of gameplay.
The physics engine looks near identical to the new Undispited games. How embarrassing.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
Sorry Dead you are outnumbered here .
Just not in real life by most gamers as the sales numbers and customers have shown.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
The game is easy on normal mode without a doubt, you need to put it on hard to gain a challenge. Never made a submission base character (Preferred strikers) so I don't know how easy it was to submit when your sub skills rating are high, but with average skill ratings it sure wasn't that easy. Also as a Kickboxer I worked on my clinch and TDD, both which allowed me to keep things on the feet. Even if it is easy to submit in this game you would have to take me down first ;-). If a sub artist takesdown a Kickboxer he should have all the advantages, just like if a Kickboxer is able to keep it standing he should have the advantage. Just like real life.
I actually played through it on hard after having a couple practice matches. I still subbed everybody in the first round. The Dashing takedown ignores tdd. I literally never had anyone defend it. Not once. And not once did I have anyone escape one of my subs except the one time I accidentally tried a rear naked on the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
I totally disagree with you, movement and striking range was one of it's stronger points.
The movement was awful. How could you say gliding over the ground was a strong point?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
I played Kickboxer and in no way was it hard to land kicks. It's slower to land than punches obviously because they are more powerful, but all you need is to perfect timing.
I didn't say that they were hard to land. They overly complicated to throw. I had to hold down three buttons and flick the stick to throw a hard leg kick. That seems a bit much for one of the most basic strikes in mma.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
Not so simple. You have different mechanics that go into it. Possible choices while grappling, block (RT), evade (RT and direction of incoming hit), strike to body, strike to head, advance or prevent advancement (A for advancement, O for prevention I believe), try and stand up or prevent from standing up (Y to stand or O to prevent), and X to try and submit. Also you to press to advance or stand up the opponent can prevent by pressing a button with a certain time frame. If you try block punches being thrown on the ground you are open for subs, if you try and advance to fast your opponent can sweep you. Hardly "press one button" for this and that, it's not that simplistic.
It was all one button. You had one button to advance and another to block it. The block was the same button to get up. The base set up for the game has that one button blocking a pass, blocking a submission, and standing up. No skill required. You could ignore gnp because if you hit the button you stood up or you hit the other button to sweep. That's it. That's pretty simple. Almost as if the people making the game didn't know a damn thing about grappling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
16 SPECIAL moves, that is in addition to regular moves. Though you are right on the customization part which was a bit lacking.
A bit? It was awful. 16 moves most of which were useless or so complex as to be nearly impossible to pull off most days. Not to mention the couple that were glitched and wouldn't work pretty much at all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
Rating a fighter's skill is a bit arbitrary don't you think because it is based on that person's opinion of the fighter. We can all agree Maia is a top sub artist right? But what exact number would you give in on a scale of 1-100? 85? 91? 97? Or how about rating striking in a fighter like Nick Diaz where you have fanbois that would give him a 99 and haters that would give him a 65? That point is moot IMO.
Yeah but giving someone who's never been submitted or submitted someone a 30 skill in the submission game seems odd for say King Mo. It's a little too arbitrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
I think you played it for 1-3 hours tops after spending a good portion playing Undisputed and didn't like the difference between the two (a guess really so don't take it personal). Both games are good in their own respects. I personally didn't like Undisputed but that doesn't mean that it sucks - maybe it's not my style. It's like those than shat on Modern Warfare and praise Battlefield, whenever you have two different interpretations of the same thing people will disagree and choose one or the other (some enjoy both).
And you would be wrong. I work at a game rental store and I played the game because I get them for free. I played through an entire 50 fight career - on hard - and went undefeated. Every fight was a first round submission except for one of the Vale Tudo fights but only because I wanted to soccer kick my opponent. I was rocked maybe twice. I don't like EA MMA not because it is different than Undisputed but because it is a bad game and the vast majority of the gaming world happens to agree with me on that.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Just not in real life by most gamers as the sales numbers and customers have shown.




I actually played through it on hard after having a couple practice matches. I still subbed everybody in the first round. The Dashing takedown ignores tdd. I literally never had anyone defend it. Not once. And not once did I have anyone escape one of my subs except the one time I accidentally tried a rear naked on the game.



The movement was awful. How could you say gliding over the ground was a strong point?




I didn't say that they were hard to land. They overly complicated to throw. I had to hold down three buttons and flick the stick to throw a hard leg kick. That seems a bit much for one of the most basic strikes in mma.




It was all one button. You had one button to advance and another to block it. The block was the same button to get up. The base set up for the game has that one button blocking a pass, blocking a submission, and standing up. No skill required. You could ignore gnp because if you hit the button you stood up or you hit the other button to sweep. That's it. That's pretty simple. Almost as if the people making the game didn't know a damn thing about grappling.




A bit? It was awful. 16 moves most of which were useless or so complex as to be nearly impossible to pull off most days. Not to mention the couple that were glitched and wouldn't work pretty much at all.




Yeah but giving someone who's never been submitted or submitted someone a 30 skill in the submission game seems odd for say King Mo. It's a little too arbitrary.



And you would be wrong. I work at a game rental store and I played the game because I get them for free. I played through an entire 50 fight career - on hard - and went undefeated. Every fight was a first round submission except for one of the Vale Tudo fights but only because I wanted to soccer kick my opponent. I was rocked maybe twice. I don't like EA MMA not because it is different than Undisputed but because it is a bad game and the vast majority of the gaming world happens to agree with me on that.
You know nothing about video games.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Your scathing retort has left me bleeding and reeling from insightful destruction of my knowledge... oh wait. You didn't actually say anything. You just made a statement that has no backing of any kind.

Oh I get it you were being a trolling asshat. Way to go, McKeever. That's how you add to an actual conversation. Pointless, factless, unprovable statements.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,442
Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Just not in real life by most gamers as the sales numbers and customers have shown.
Could it be because Undisputed was released first, had a marketing push (EA didn't) and recognizable fighters would it ?


Quote:
I actually played through it on hard after having a couple practice matches. I still subbed everybody in the first round. The Dashing takedown ignores tdd. I literally never had anyone defend it. Not once. And not once did I have anyone escape one of my subs except the one time I accidentally tried a rear naked on the game.
I have finished two careers and have never saw a dashing takedown (I know it's a special move) used by the comp. I doubt that my 100 rank TDD would not be able to stop it however, but I cannot say for sure because I haven't experienced it. You can dash away (left or right) though and movement is a big part of the game. If you are right that you cannot stop it then obviously that's broken and would need to be fixed, I agree.


Quote:
The movement was awful. How could you say gliding over the ground was a strong point?
Your opinion is that the fighters were gliding, and I disagree, I dont think they glide at all but that's strictly my opinion.


Quote:
I didn't say that they were hard to land. They overly complicated to throw. I had to hold down three buttons and flick the stick to throw a hard leg kick. That seems a bit much for one of the most basic strikes in mma.
The only time you have to hold more than one button is when you throw a body kick, and that's two buttons and the joystick, not three buttons. Otherwise to throw a leg or head kick you hold down one button (left trigger) and use the joystick.

Quote:
It was all one button. You had one button to advance and another to block it. The block was the same button to get up. The base set up for the game has that one button blocking a pass, blocking a submission, and standing up. No skill required. You could ignore gnp because if you hit the button you stood up or you hit the other button to sweep. That's it. That's pretty simple. Almost as if the people making the game didn't know a damn thing about grappling.
They used the WWE system (gamewise) and though the grappling system certainly can use some work, it's not that bad either. EA MMA really shines in fluidity and stand up (joystick movements own button mashing) IMO but can use some improvement. Undisputed had three games that came out, EA had one so in reality it's like comparing NBA live '12 to NBA 2k 9. I'm sure they'll fix many of the holes that plagued the first game. I haven't played Undisputed 3 yet so I can't really comment besides looking at the trailer, but has anything really changed since Undisputed 1? Still looks like the same game touched up graphically from the trailer.


Quote:
A bit? It was awful. 16 moves most of which were useless or so complex as to be nearly impossible to pull off most days. Not to mention the couple that were glitched and wouldn't work pretty much at all.
Yeah no argument there.


Quote:
Yeah but giving someone who's never been submitted or submitted someone a 30 skill in the submission game seems odd for say King Mo. It's a little too arbitrary.
I haven't notice gross cases like that, but I'll check out his stats, if true then I agree with you.

Quote:
And you would be wrong. I work at a game rental store and I played the game because I get them for free. I played through an entire 50 fight career - on hard - and went undefeated. Every fight was a first round submission except for one of the Vale Tudo fights but only because I wanted to soccer kick my opponent. I was rocked maybe twice. I don't like EA MMA not because it is different than Undisputed but because it is a bad game and the vast majority of the gaming world happens to agree with me on that.
If you were only rocked twice that means to me that you used an exploit formula(a hole in the game), because it's hard for me to believe that in a 50 fight career (I thought career's were only 40 fights?) that you would only be rocked twice. Don;t know if you entire post is an exaggeration with some truth to it or if we played the same game here. BTW I am no novice to gaming myself and have been playing games since atari.

Also on the "entire gaming world agrees with me" is pretty much like saying "MW is the best FPS and everyone in gaming agrees" which would be wrong. Many gamers and critics liked EA MMA and many liked Undisputed. Both got good marks it share of it's supporters. Saying it's a bad game would mean most of the gaming world agrees that it is a bad game, which wasn't the case.

Hehe we sound like dweebs.
__________________
"Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore." - Tyrion Lannister
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,095
K R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The Forum
Wow... all I got from that 'prediction' is I am not even renting UFC 3 It looks aweful.
__________________





“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios