Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida - UFC Undisputed 3 Prediction - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

Reply

Old 12-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,555
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
I'd buy it purely for the soccer kicks.

And because I'm wealthy and have money to waste.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Your scathing retort has left me bleeding and reeling from insightful destruction of my knowledge... oh wait. You didn't actually say anything. You just made a statement that has no backing of any kind.

Oh I get it you were being a trolling asshat. Way to go, McKeever. That's how you add to an actual conversation. Pointless, factless, unprovable statements.
The only one trolling here is you. You think because you work in a rental store you understand the balance and technicalities of a video game.

You some how think that the movement in undisputed is more fluid than in ea sports. You'll be saying Undisputed is a more fluid game than Fight night next.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
hadoq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,018
hadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledgehadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledgehadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledgehadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledgehadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledgehadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledgehadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledgehadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledgehadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledgehadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledgehadoq Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
I'd buy it purely for the soccer kicks.

And because I'm wealthy and have money to waste.
this, who cares, it's a video game

and if sales would mean quality, mc donalds and subway would be serving the best food on the planet

justin bieber would be the best musician

should I keep going ?
hadoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,175
Bknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
The only one trolling here is you. You think because you work in a rental store you understand the balance and technicalities of a video game.

You some how think that the movement in undisputed is more fluid than in ea sports. You'll be saying Undisputed is a more fluid game than Fight night next.
Ea Mma makes undisputed 3 look like tetris
__________________
Favorite Fighters
HW: Daniel Cormier
LH: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
LW: Ben "Smooth" Henderson
Bknmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Ea Mma makes undisputed 3 look like tetris
Honestly, I don't see how any one with a pair of eyeballs can say that UFC Undisputed doesn't have clunky, robotic movement mechanics and that the movement in EA MMA sucks.

Maybe pop down to specsavers deadman?

Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
Could it be because Undisputed was released first, had a marketing push (EA didn't) and recognizable fighters would it ?
Umm no. I'm talking about the opinions of people who actually played EA MMA and Undisputed. It's sales numbers tanked because it is an awful game. The game doesn't even sell right now and used it's 4.99. New it's 9.99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
I have finished two careers and have never saw a dashing takedown (I know it's a special move) used by the comp. I doubt that my 100 rank TDD would not be able to stop it however, but I cannot say for sure because I haven't experienced it. You can dash away (left or right) though and movement is a big part of the game. If you are right that you cannot stop it then obviously that's broken and would need to be fixed, I agree.
It wouldn't stop it and it auto targets. SO if you take steps either way it corrects your course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
Your opinion is that the fighters were gliding, and I disagree, I dont think they glide at all but that's strictly my opinion.
No it's not. It's something every critic complained. Every player has complained about and it's quiet obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
The only time you have to hold more than one button is when you throw a body kick, and that's two buttons and the joystick, not three buttons. Otherwise to throw a leg or head kick you hold down one button (left trigger) and use the joystick.
It's three if you want to throw a power kick since you have to hold the power modifier button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
They used the WWE system (gamewise) and though the grappling system certainly can use some work, it's not that bad either. EA MMA really shines in fluidity and stand up (joystick movements own button mashing) IMO but can use some improvement. Undisputed had three games that came out, EA had one so in reality it's like comparing NBA live '12 to NBA 2k 9. I'm sure they'll fix many of the holes that plagued the first game. I haven't played Undisputed 3 yet so I can't really comment besides looking at the trailer, but has anything really changed since Undisputed 1? Still looks like the same game touched up graphically from the trailer.
Neither game used a wrestling grappling system. EA doesn't make any wrestling games that I am aware of and THQ didn't use the same system or engine for Undisputed that it does for the WWE games.

And the kicks were not fluid. AT all. looked like the character was having a seizure or taking a dump every time he threw a kick.

So you haven't played Undisputed 2010? It's a vast improvement over 2009 and Undisputed 3 looks like it's going to be just as big an improvement over 2010. It plays much smoother. The clinch work and ground game are extremely technical as they are all joystick and not button mashing. They used joystick for head movement and now defensive movement on the ground in the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
I haven't notice gross cases like that, but I'll check out his stats, if true then I agree with you.
Check them out. According to EA MMA Shamrock has the same level submission game as Roger Gracie while King Mo has never trained it in his life.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
If you were only rocked twice that means to me that you used an exploit formula(a hole in the game), because it's hard for me to believe that in a 50 fight career (I thought career's were only 40 fights?) that you would only be rocked twice. Don;t know if you entire post is an exaggeration with some truth to it or if we played the same game here. BTW I am no novice to gaming myself and have been playing games since atari.
No exaggeration. The game just isn't hard. We did play the same game but we definitely don't have the same POV on it. Since you actually enjoyed it. I did too for about the first ten fights and then it got sad real quick. And the career may have been 40 fights but I was thinking fifty for some reason. Could be wrong there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
Also on the "entire gaming world agrees with me" is pretty much like saying "MW is the best FPS and everyone in gaming agrees" which would be wrong. Many gamers and critics liked EA MMA and many liked Undisputed. Both got good marks it share of it's supporters. Saying it's a bad game would mean most of the gaming world agrees that it is a bad game, which wasn't the case.
It is a bad game. Was it more fluid in it's animations than Undisputed? Yes. Was it more fluid in movement? No. Does it have better, more in depth skill based gameplay? Not at all. EA MMA is - at best - an arcade view of mma. Quick, easy to master, and with virtually no replay value.

And, McKeever, do you ever actually add anything besides a pervading sense of asshatishness to any conversation? Did I ever say the game was more fluid than Fight Night? Hell no. The Fight Night games are some of my favorites. I love the joystick style controls for it. I love the gameplay but EA MMA is no Fight Night. I can play the Fight Night games again and again but I won't even play EA MMA for free at this point. And I don't think I know games better because I work with games. I use that as my reason for having played so many different games since I get to play them for free. You assumed everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
Honestly, I don't see how any one with a pair of eyeballs can say that UFC Undisputed doesn't have clunky, robotic movement mechanics and that the movement in EA MMA sucks.

Maybe pop down to specsavers deadman?

Jesus the fact that you think that video looks good is a sad , sad thing. The kicks look like they land with all the force of a slight breeze and the punches are slow. The movement looks awful. Like they are sliding across ice. Seriously no living creature moves like that. The only thing that looked good was the flying knee. Everything else was crap.

I don't see how you can say that whole eyeballs comment with literally laughing at yourself.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.

Last edited by HitOrGetHit : 12-07-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Double Post
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 45
ranja has a spectacular aura aboutranja has a spectacular aura aboutranja has a spectacular aura aboutranja has a spectacular aura aboutranja has a spectacular aura aboutranja has a spectacular aura aboutranja has a spectacular aura aboutranja has a spectacular aura aboutranja has a spectacular aura aboutranja has a spectacular aura aboutranja has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
Yeah, I'd have to agree on that one. Out of undisputed and EA mma, the one I pick up 90% of the time is EA MMA.

Anyone tried that Supremacy MMA game? I know it's silly and gory, but it seems like a fun game..
I made the mistake of buying the supremacy mma game hoping that they would do a better job than the ufc franchise. It has potential but thats all there is, potential. The story line mode was intriguing but gets stale after a few fights. all in all i played a good 3 hours and never touched it ever again.
ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,442
Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
I'm a bit lazy at the moment and don't feel like addressing every quote, so I'll just take this one:

Quote:
No it's not. It's something every critic complained. Every player has complained about and it's quiet obvious.
Saying something in absolutes (every critic, every player) usually means "IMO", because this whole thread is a contradiction to that statement being that you are the only one that feels that way. Also I don;t understand how you praise Fight Night (which I am a big fan of) yet shat on EA MMA which pretty much uses the same system.

It's cool though that's what I love about games in that one man's art is another man's scribble.
__________________
"Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore." - Tyrion Lannister
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Umm no. I'm talking about the opinions of people who actually played EA MMA and Undisputed. It's sales numbers tanked because it is an awful game. The game doesn't even sell right now and used it's 4.99. New it's 9.99.



It wouldn't stop it and it auto targets. SO if you take steps either way it corrects your course.



No it's not. It's something every critic complained. Every player has complained about and it's quiet obvious.



It's three if you want to throw a power kick since you have to hold the power modifier button.



Neither game used a wrestling grappling system. EA doesn't make any wrestling games that I am aware of and THQ didn't use the same system or engine for Undisputed that it does for the WWE games.

And the kicks were not fluid. AT all. looked like the character was having a seizure or taking a dump every time he threw a kick.

So you haven't played Undisputed 2010? It's a vast improvement over 2009 and Undisputed 3 looks like it's going to be just as big an improvement over 2010. It plays much smoother. The clinch work and ground game are extremely technical as they are all joystick and not button mashing. They used joystick for head movement and now defensive movement on the ground in the new one.



Check them out. According to EA MMA Shamrock has the same level submission game as Roger Gracie while King Mo has never trained it in his life.




No exaggeration. The game just isn't hard. We did play the same game but we definitely don't have the same POV on it. Since you actually enjoyed it. I did too for about the first ten fights and then it got sad real quick. And the career may have been 40 fights but I was thinking fifty for some reason. Could be wrong there.



It is a bad game. Was it more fluid in it's animations than Undisputed? Yes. Was it more fluid in movement? No. Does it have better, more in depth skill based gameplay? Not at all. EA MMA is - at best - an arcade view of mma. Quick, easy to master, and with virtually no replay value.

And, McKeever, do you ever actually add anything besides a pervading sense of asshatishness to any conversation? Did I ever say the game was more fluid than Fight Night? Hell no. The Fight Night games are some of my favorites. I love the joystick style controls for it. I love the gameplay but EA MMA is no Fight Night. I can play the Fight Night games again and again but I won't even play EA MMA for free at this point. And I don't think I know games better because I work with games. I use that as my reason for having played so many different games since I get to play them for free. You assumed everything else.



Jesus the fact that you think that video looks good is a sad , sad thing. The kicks look like they land with all the force of a slight breeze and the punches are slow. The movement looks awful. Like they are sliding across ice. Seriously no living creature moves like that. The only thing that looked good was the flying knee. Everything else was crap.

I don't see how you can say that whole eyeballs comment with literally laughing at yourself.


Of course, the movement and fluidity of the fighters is much better in this game though .

You're off your head mate.

And please, stop sending me private messages, store rental guy. They are getting ignored.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
I love replies like yours, McKeever. It just shows how you don't have a leg to stand on when you have to focus on somebody's job over their actual opinions, facts, or anything else for that matter.

Soakked:

I praise Fight Night because it controls beautifully and smoothly. No lag. Nothing overly complex in the scheme. It does need to work on head movement controls but overall it's probably the best combat sports game out there.

EA MMA has no where near the polish or responsiveness of the Fight Night controls. It's sluggish and prone to lag between button push or stick flick and the actual action. It just isn't a good game. It's one of the worst fighting games I have played in years barring any fighting game made for the Kinect or Move.

I - no exaggeration - have literally not met a single person face to face who liked EA MMA. Like I said we have it on sale for 4.99 but no one will buy the bloody thing.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios