Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida - UFC Undisputed 3 Prediction - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

Reply

Old 12-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
I love replies like yours, McKeever. It just shows how you don't have a leg to stand on when you have to focus on somebody's job over their actual opinions, facts, or anything else for that matter.

Soakked:

I praise Fight Night because it controls beautifully and smoothly. No lag. Nothing overly complex in the scheme. It does need to work on head movement controls but overall it's probably the best combat sports game out there.

EA MMA has no where near the polish or responsiveness of the Fight Night controls. It's sluggish and prone to lag between button push or stick flick and the actual action. It just isn't a good game. It's one of the worst fighting games I have played in years barring any fighting game made for the Kinect or Move.

I - no exaggeration - have literally not met a single person face to face who liked EA MMA. Like I said we have it on sale for 4.99 but no one will buy the bloody thing.
I posted one video of each game showcasing various segments of game play. I'm sure people in this thread can watch both videos and come to the conclusion of which game looks more fluid.

Soakked has pretty much conveyed all of my ideas and before I have even got the chance to reply. I would only be re-iterating his points in my own words, which would be a bit pointless.

I recommended EA sports to quite a few friends and we all loved it and preferred it so much over Undisputed. One of the main reasons it isn't as popular as the Undisputed series or gets frowned upon by gamers is because it isn't a UFC title. Simple as that. Where is Jon Jones? Anderson Silva? EA sports MMA is a game for the hardcore MMA fan, most causals are only going to be attracted towards the UFC brand and stick their nose up at any other MMA game. To them, MMA is the UFC, any thing other than the UFC isn't worth their time or money.

Bad sales don't reflect the quality of a game. Shadowrun is one of the most balanced, competitive console shooters on the market, yet no one bought the damn thing. Why? A major lack of marketing.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
WIDE OPEN
 
The Horticulturist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Elsweyr, Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,965
The Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings System
Undisputed 2010:
UFC Undisputed 2010 was passable, and enjoyable to play, with great controls. It was bouncy and had glitches, but its depth and balance make it a solid game. The head movement and sway system were good additions to 2010 that kept me playing online for a long time. Not enough can be said about the depth of the gameplay, Ive had so many back and forth battles online that resembled real mma contests.

A lot of complaining about 2010 stemmed from people who couldnt compete online, or had connection problems. I had neither of those problems.

EA:
EA MMA is terrible, although sometimes satisfying, with rubbish controls. I bought it because the striking and ground game on EA had potential, but they still ended up looking and playing horribly. - Not to mention the cheesy bone-breaking submission system or the slow ass transitions... ugh. It was a cheap imitation that tried to incorporate something great (fight nights stick controls), but failed horribly.

There is a reason everyone returned it immediately. The people who didnt probably just have bad taste, like alternative things, or dont know any better.

(my quick opinions as a lifetime gamer who is unbias towards any developers)
The Horticulturist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
I recommended EA sports to quite a few friends and we all loved it and preferred it so much over Undisputed. One of the main reasons it isn't as popular as the Undisputed series or gets frowned upon by gamers is because it isn't a UFC title. Simple as that. Where is Jon Jones? Anderson Silva? EA sports MMA is a game for the hardcore MMA fan, most causals are only going to be attracted towards the UFC brand and stick their nose up at any other MMA game. To them, MMA is the UFC, any thing other than the UFC isn't worth their time or money.

Bad sales don't reflect the quality of a game. Shadowrun is one of the most balanced, competitive console shooters on the market, yet no one bought the damn thing. Why? A major lack of marketing.
This is generally a load of bs. No one I have ever met in person likes this game and I come into contact with about a thousand gamers per week. And saying it's for hardcore fans and implying that I am not because I prefer the superior game... you - once again - are simply insulting instead of debating.

And you are right about sales. Some great games sell like shit. Heavy Rain is one the best games ever made but no one bought it. Sales might not say anything but trade ins do. Literally every copy of that game that my store sold has been sold back to us within a month. Every single one. So now we have a stack of them that we can't even sell for 5 bucks.

And, by the by, Shadowrun sucked. I bought it because I love the Shadowrun setting but the game was awful and small and ultimately not what the fans of the Shadowrun setting wanted to play. When you make a game based off of a tabletop rpg you expect it to be a god damned rpg. Instead they gave us a mediocre shooter. Yeah it failed hard for good reasons.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,443
Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
I loved the original Sega Genesis Shadowrun never played the new one. Heavy Rain is a kick ass game, reminded me alot of Indigo Prophecy in PS2 (which I loved). As far as EA VS Undis, all I can say is that some people like Pepsi and some like Coke.
__________________
"Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore." - Tyrion Lannister
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Heavy Rain is actually made by the same people as Indigo Prophecy.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
METALLICA_RULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 664
METALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant future
Hopefully the knockouts arent all the same and appear less frequently.
METALLICA_RULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
This is generally a load of bs. No one I have ever met in person likes this game and I come into contact with about a thousand gamers per week. And saying it's for hardcore fans and implying that I am not because I prefer the superior game... you - once again - are simply insulting instead of debating.

And you are right about sales. Some great games sell like shit. Heavy Rain is one the best games ever made but no one bought it. Sales might not say anything but trade ins do. Literally every copy of that game that my store sold has been sold back to us within a month. Every single one. So now we have a stack of them that we can't even sell for 5 bucks.

And, by the by, Shadowrun sucked. I bought it because I love the Shadowrun setting but the game was awful and small and ultimately not what the fans of the Shadowrun setting wanted to play. When you make a game based off of a tabletop rpg you expect it to be a god damned rpg. Instead they gave us a mediocre shooter. Yeah it failed hard for good reasons.
Not one part of my post was insulting. Because you disagree with it, you call it a load of BS and claim I was trying to insult you? What is your problem? I wasn't ever implying you weren't a hardcore gamer, I was making a generalisation of hardcore gamers and casual gamers. Why you took offense to this and thought I was directly attacking you I have no idea.

I also love how you call my post a load of BS because I said that myself and a group of friends all bought the game and thoroughly enjoyed it. And you're accusing me of trolling? Don't come in here trying to call my personal experiences with the game a load of bullshit, thanks.

Saying Shadowrun sucked sums up how much you know about video game balance in general. Are you aware of MLG? Major league gaming. It's the biggest competitive console league on the planet and has recently added Starcraft 2 to the circuit. Shadowrun at one point was one of MLG's flagship titles and is one of the most balanced and competitive console FPS games ever released. Ask any pro console FPS player and they will be sure to give you a lesson on Shadowrun.

It was never ever advertised as an RPG, so I have no idea where you are getting this from. I have no idea what you mean by "small". Shadowrun was advertised as an online only competitive first person shooter game, never did the developers imply that this was going to be any kind of RPG experience.

The game was far from medicore. It had balance and a serious amount of depth to the gameplay that the console FPS scene hasn't seen since the days of Halo: Combat Evolved.





Watch this video. It will give you an insight to how much depth the Shadowrun gameplay had and how balanced and skillful the game was. If you bought Shadowrun looking for a huge role playing experience, you were setting yourself up for disaster. Shadowrun was designed to be a competitive, balanced, 4 versus 4 online FPS game.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:33 AM   #38 (permalink)
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,187
Bknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
This is generally a load of bs. No one I have ever met in person likes this game and I come into contact with about a thousand gamers per week. And saying it's for hardcore fans and implying that I am not because I prefer the superior game... you - once again - are simply insulting instead of debating.
So you ask every person that comes into your store about EA MMA? All my friends who are not big MMA fans all prefer EA MMA over Undisputed 2 and after playing the crap that is Undisputed 2 i had to actually convince them into playing EA MMA and trust me we had a lot more fun playing it.
__________________
Favorite Fighters
HW: Daniel Cormier
LH: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
LW: Ben "Smooth" Henderson
Bknmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:52 AM   #39 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
Saying Shadowrun sucked sums up how much you know about video game balance in general. Are you aware of MLG? Major league gaming. It's the biggest competitive console league on the planet and has recently added Starcraft 2 to the circuit. Shadowrun at one point was one of MLG's flagship titles and is one of the most balanced and competitive console FPS games ever released. Ask any pro console FPS player and they will be sure to give you a lesson on Shadowrun.

It was never ever advertised as an RPG, so I have no idea where you are getting this from. I have no idea what you mean by "small". Shadowrun was advertised as an online only competitive first person shooter game, never did the developers imply that this was going to be any kind of RPG experience.

The game was far from medicore. It had balance and a serious amount of depth to the gameplay that the console FPS scene hasn't seen since the days of Halo: Combat Evolved.





Watch this video. It will give you an insight to how much depth the Shadowrun gameplay had and how balanced and skillful the game was. If you bought Shadowrun looking for a huge role playing experience, you were setting yourself up for disaster. Shadowrun was designed to be a competitive, balanced, 4 versus 4 online FPS game.
I've played the game, McKeever. I really have. I didn't like it for three main reasons. One is that it should have been an rpg. It's based off an rpg, everyone who loves Shadowrun wanted an rpg, and it's not an rpg. Two, is that I am not particularly fond of FPS'. Three is that it was a mediocre at best shooter. It is balanced but depth? Not really. Not anymore than any other shooter out there.

And I bring up the rpg thing because it is a ******* shooter based off of a roleplaying game. A setting with story and character. That's why when they advertised a Shadowrun game everyone who was familiar with Shadowrun thought it would an rpg or at the very least and adventure game but no. They decided to lobotomize the setting and put out a mediocre shooter.

And you compared it to Halo. One of the most over hyped shooters of all time. That really changes my mind on it.

As for the MLG I used to host MLG tournaments where I come from while I managed an arcade. No one there played that game. I don't care about the opinions of a professional FPS player because that is a very sad thing to be. Is the MLG why you think you know so damn much about gaming? By listening to a group of people that even hardcore gamers make fun of?

I'm done talking to you, McKeever. You will argue till you're blue in the face because you have a very small group who agrees with and to hell with what everyone else says. No matter their facts or logic. If you want to play Shadowrun and EA MMA go play. I don't care. Seriously. You can play all the bad games you want to. If you are enjoying them then enjoy them but remember that doesn't make them good.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:59 AM   #40 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
So you ask every person that comes into your store about EA MMA? All my friends who are not big MMA fans all prefer EA MMA over Undisputed 2 and after playing the crap that is Undisputed 2 i had to actually convince them into playing EA MMA and trust me we had a lot more fun playing it.
Congratulations you got your friends to play a crappy game. I'm really happy for you. You know what I meant with these comments so don't play stupid.

You know I get it. You all loved a game that was literally one of the worst games I have played in years. Everybody you know backs you up and everybody I know backs me up. I got it. We aren't going to agree on this. I hated every moment of playing that game by the time I was done with it.

Let's put it this way. In my own opinion - since you can't verify with my customers and I can't verify with your friends - EA MMA was a horrid game not worth the price to rent. I had more fun playing Def Jam: Fight For New York than I did with EA MMA. It had no depth and it had severe gameplay balance issues.

You can have your own opinions on it but I'm done arguing with you people about this thrice damned game.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios