Undisputed 3 Demo - Page 12 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Video Games The Gamer's hangout!

Reply

Old 01-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #111 (permalink)
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,136
Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
No I was just playing it really high with a friend, couldn't figure everything out and I'm not the type of person that reads directions.
Haha. Awesome. Mary Jane + UFC game = pwnage
__________________




I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #112 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
Yeah, it's a lot better than mashing buttons or having some other weird system. I can't submit anyone for the life of me, though.

One other thing I wish they added was a head movement system. Throwing punches to dodge is alright but, it feels silly to not be able to bob and weave on fighters that are known for it.
You serious?? Thats one of the most important parts of the game.

Hold R1 or L1 (I forget) and move your left joystick in the location you want to bob your head. After you dodge a punch you can do a counter punch right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Umm... it does have head movement. It's called the sway system. It was in last year's game too but it's a lot more fluid this time around.
And the year before that....



What difficulty are you guys playing on btw?? I am at "Advanced" right now which is the middle bar. The first 2 difficulties are for children imo. At Advance i mayeb win 50% of the time. Getting slightly higher win % then that lately.
__________________

Last edited by SideWays222 : 01-27-2012 at 07:57 AM.
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #113 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
I find this game easy to play on Advanced but I did play the last two games at a very high level.

I don't understand everyone's love for 09 over 10 and 3.

Don't you guys remember each fighter had two styles and they were all greatly flawed, Muay Thai fighters couldn't throw power punches, Boxers couldn't throw head kicks, Kickboxers had annoying spinning back fists and superman punches for their power punches and BJJ guys were almost helpless? Kickboxer/Wrestler was the best style choice for sure.

A few fighters had special moves like Forrest would catch a kick and throw a counter straight, Rashad was able to throw 1 head kick, Anderson had something i can't really remember that well. I haven't picked that game up since 2010 came out but that's because i found they diversified the striking and actually made the fighters strike more like they do in real life.
__________________






El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #114 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
I find this game easy to play on Advanced but I did play the last two games at a very high level.

I don't understand everyone's love for 09 over 10 and 3.

Don't you guys remember each fighter had two styles and they were all greatly flawed, Muay Thai fighters couldn't throw power punches, Boxers couldn't throw head kicks, Kickboxers had annoying spinning back fists and superman punches for their power punches and BJJ guys were almost helpless? Kickboxer/Wrestler was the best style choice for sure.

A few fighters had special moves like Forrest would catch a kick and throw a counter straight, Rashad was able to throw 1 head kick, Anderson had something i can't really remember that well. I haven't picked that game up since 2010 came out but that's because i found they diversified the striking and actually made the fighters strike more like they do in real life.
yeah 09 i had a very high winning percentage. I played the second one maybe a week and have not touched it after that. So my skill level went down severely. That said im currently not trying to grapple because thats a pretty easy way to beat the computer. Im working on striking only right now. Btw im playing as rampage and i still cant throw a high kick... u sure that was 09 only? And im not saying it wasnt flawed but the striking was ALOT more skill based then 10 and this one. It used much better use of distance then the next one and imo this one so far.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #115 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
I'd love to play some of you guys, when the game comes out we should have some sort of MMAFORUM UFC UNDISPUTED 3 tournament? Could be fun and some creds for the winner.

Well yeah Rampage doesn't throw high kicks in the game cos how many times have you seen Rampage throw high kicks in real life? When I play these games I play like the fighter I am playing with. Thiago Silva or Rampage you stand and bang (they've got good chins and even if you land 1-1 with your opponent they almost always have a power advantage). I use sways religiously, head movement is key to excellent striking and I love to be Anderson and stand in the pocket and just slip all of Bones' punches and counter HARD.

Knowledge of striking translates well to the game, like you know what strikes are the smartest to throw at that point in time (technical countering) like say you see someone go for a shot, step back and throw a kick and you will kick them right in the head, it's like 4x more powerful as a regular strike aswell.

I'm kinda going off on a tangent but i've really enjoyed these last two games.
__________________






El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #116 (permalink)
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,136
Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
I believe each game was an improvement on the last. Sideways, I understand what your saying about 09. I do prefer the later titles but I remember playing as BJ Penn in 09. His boxing was awesome. His jabs always connected followed by head movement. As for Rampage not having high kicks on the new game. I can't actually recall the last time Rampage utilised a head kick. Maybe thats why.
__________________




I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #117 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East London, England
Posts: 1,912
The Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Hmm, after considering it, I do kinda get what sideways means. The use of distance def. was better implemented in 09, but then like another geezer said, the striking was so limited it was frustrating. Almost every fighter had the same moves. 2010 had a MUCH more diverse range of strikes, but the use of distance wasn't as strong. I had to use fighters with the stepping jab and muay thai snap kick in order to get my range down.

I gotta disagree about 'disputed 3 though, Sides. The striking is a LOT better. Better than all the video previews suggested. They seem to have given strikers a much better chance in this game whereas the other game was dominated by grapplers, which was fine because I was one of those who could 'lay and pray' whenever I wanted, but it seems that if you can get the striking down on this game and have good takedown defence, then you could beat a very good grappler. It's a lot more balanced judging by the demo.

Can't wait to try the other characters and try career mode.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #118 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
I'd love to play some of you guys, when the game comes out we should have some sort of MMAFORUM UFC UNDISPUTED 3 tournament? Could be fun and some creds for the winner.

Well yeah Rampage doesn't throw high kicks in the game cos how many times have you seen Rampage throw high kicks in real life? When I play these games I play like the fighter I am playing with. Thiago Silva or Rampage you stand and bang (they've got good chins and even if you land 1-1 with your opponent they almost always have a power advantage). I use sways religiously, head movement is key to excellent striking and I love to be Anderson and stand in the pocket and just slip all of Bones' punches and counter HARD.

Knowledge of striking translates well to the game, like you know what strikes are the smartest to throw at that point in time (technical countering) like say you see someone go for a shot, step back and throw a kick and you will kick them right in the head, it's like 4x more powerful as a regular strike aswell.

I'm kinda going off on a tangent but i've really enjoyed these last two games.
Yeah striking imo was super fun in 09. I cant say i ALWAYS played as the guy i was using but tbh i didnt experiment with many characters. I was so good at striking in 09 that i would use CroCop online and even with his bad chin in that game i would still be able to land a kick clinic on my opponent. The feeling of getting that High Kick KO was incredibly satisfying since its the only place i will get to see it again haha.

Believe it or not we actually did have a 09 UFC Tournament but i think it fell apart somewhat since ALOT of the matches were lagi. Since i didnt give the second UFC a try did they fix the online lag at all?? It was horrid in 09 but it clearly could have been more stable. Those matches were everything you throw happens like 2 seconds after you press a button... most frustrating thing ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Fury View Post
I believe each game was an improvement on the last. Sideways, I understand what your saying about 09. I do prefer the later titles but I remember playing as BJ Penn in 09. His boxing was awesome. His jabs always connected followed by head movement. As for Rampage not having high kicks on the new game. I can't actually recall the last time Rampage utilised a head kick. Maybe thats why.
Yeah i get it. I was just responding him saying Boxers didnt have High Kicks in 09. But from my limited knowledge on the next two it seems to me that Boxers still dont have high kicks. Or is that Rampage specifically??

Personally.. every MMA fighter should be able to throw high kicks. Even though Rampage doesnt throw them often i am sure that he is capable of it. They should just make them weak or something.. possibly slow. Like he takes 2 half steps before he throws the kick because he isnt used to it or something of the sorts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Hmm, after considering it, I do kinda get what sideways means. The use of distance def. was better implemented in 09, but then like another geezer said, the striking was so limited it was frustrating. Almost every fighter had the same moves. 2010 had a MUCH more diverse range of strikes, but the use of distance wasn't as strong. I had to use fighters with the stepping jab and muay thai snap kick in order to get my range down.

I gotta disagree about 'disputed 3 though, Sides. The striking is a LOT better. Better than all the video previews suggested. They seem to have given strikers a much better chance in this game whereas the other game was dominated by grapplers, which was fine because I was one of those who could 'lay and pray' whenever I wanted, but it seems that if you can get the striking down on this game and have good takedown defence, then you could beat a very good grappler. It's a lot more balanced judging by the demo.

Can't wait to try the other characters and try career mode.
Range i definitely know was alot better in 09. Iv only used Rampage so far and i can tell how limited the striking is without proper use of distance. Sure we can throw more punches but that just creates a illusion to make the striking seem more technical then it is.

That said.. maybe SINCE iv only used Rampage so far is why i think the striking was overall better in 09. Il give the other characters a try in a little bit. Iv just been focusing on getting my hands to half the level it was in 09.

Also am i the only one that could work wrestling based players in 09??? Thats where the use of freedom/distance came in to play. I would stay on the outside and pick them slowly apart. When they shoot in i would just move my joystick to the left and defend it. Rinse and repeat. I felt the striking was incredibly technical. You are probably right though. I dont see them ruining the striking aspect. Im probably just not used to the physiques in this one because i didnt give 2010 much of a chance.
__________________

Last edited by SideWays222 : 01-27-2012 at 08:51 AM.
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #119 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East London, England
Posts: 1,912
The Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Oh yeah, Anderson's striking is SICK on this game. Just like it should be. Any fighter could be outstruck on the last game because there wasn't that much skills involved in throwing them outside the stepping jab and muay thai kicks. But in this game, he has a GREAT jab and seems faster and more fluid on his feet that Jones does, which is pretty apt. I was able to get a decision just jabbing and stepping jabbing against Bones (he only took me down twice) on Expert.

The grappling appeared similar but it's not. I've got to get used to the non auto block things again, and reversals seem harder. Have they brought back sweeps? I remember there was like on sweep from the mount position in the last one. But yeah, overall i'm impressed. Hope they give the Diaz bros and Penn the jab they deserve.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #120 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
I am so excited to play with Barao, Aldo, Phil Davis and Nick Diaz.. Absolutely f-ing ridiculous that Ellenberger and Edson Barboza aren't on the game, they better come soon as DLC.

Pride Mode is badass, there's a really good list of fighters to be aswell, Mark Hunt will be hard to beat standing in the game cos his chin is ridiculous.

@Sideways, it's not like that anymore, it's not like 2 styles vs 2 styles, each fighter has their own strikes. Rampage doesn't have headkicks cos he doesn't throw them, BJ will but he shouldn't (he did have 1 in the last game cos of his head kick on Diego), Nick Diaz probably won't have head kicks cos he throws them so rarely, Brock doesn't, Carwin doesn't etc. It just annoyed the hell out of me on 09 that with a dude like Thiago Silva you can't throw power punches cos his base is Muay Thai, so unrealistic, Thiago throws bombs.

@DarkKnight, Anderson has a really cool sweep, he reverses full mount to being in his opponents guard.

On another note, Anderson's clinch is devastating, he destroys Bones in the clinch.
__________________






El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios