Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been a while since I last posted and since I last posted an article of mine.

Interested in finding out your opinions on your best young prospects in the UFC, 23 and under.

Here's mine I know many don't like the 1 per page layout but it's handy if you're looking to create an individual summary or bio on individual fighters.

Hope you guys will give mine a read and a share and I'd love to hear who you guys rate as a young prospect, particularly 23 or under.

Link to my top 10 with summaries

·
The 55%
16,517 Posts
Hey guys, been a while since I last posted and since I last posted an article of mine.

Interested in finding out your opinions on your best young prospects in the UFC, 23 and under.

Here's mine I know many don't like the 1 per page layout but it's handy if you're looking to create an individual summary or bio on individual fighters.

Hope you guys will give mine a read and a share and I'd love to hear who you guys rate as a young prospect, particularly 23 or under.

Link to my top 10 with summaries
Get me on WhatCulture and I'll read your article :laugh:.

Tried a couple of times now but never got through.

I generally agree with all of your list. Maybe I'd put Smolka up a little bit more, and maybe Sage down a little bit more, but off the top I can't think of anyone else that really should be in there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get me on WhatCulture and I'll read your article :laugh:.

Tried a couple of times now but never got through.

I generally agree with all of your list. Maybe I'd put Smolka up a little bit more, and maybe Sage down a little bit more, but off the top I can't think of anyone else that really should be in there.

Haha! Yeah I know where you're coming from. I initially got in last year, first try but had barely any free time with work. Long story short, got a new job and have a bit more free time so it's a nice little side-hobby. A lot harder than I imagined though, grammar, spelling etc all have to be pretty on point.

I was meant to add that the list isn't necessarily in order but totally forgot. :thumb02:

·
The 55%
16,517 Posts
Haha! Yeah I know where you're coming from. I initially got in last year, first try but had barely any free time with work. Long story short, got a new job and have a bit more free time so it's a nice little side-hobby. A lot harder than I imagined though, grammar, spelling etc all have to be pretty on point.

I was meant to add that the list isn't necessarily in order but totally forgot. :thumb02:
Ahh right. To be fair it's not far off from the order I'd put it in. I know some would add in PVZ but I reckon there's really only room for one female on the list and Rose is clearly the right pick after their fight. It annoys me that all of these people are likely younger than me though. Stop being so damn successful and come watch Nickelodeon with me dammit!

I tried twice in WC. I saw there was very little MMA on it so I switched to pro wrestling after it but it never got through either. You make much from it? I'm writing for NewsHub now and it's pretty solid. I believe I'm making £210 for January's work but the difference between it and WC is the amount of people viewing your work and the possibility of earning for every article you post as opposed to just the ones over 500 views and in the top 10.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh right. To be fair it's not far off from the order I'd put it in. I know some would add in PVZ but I reckon there's really only room for one female on the list and Rose is clearly the right pick after their fight. It annoys me that all of these people are likely younger than me though. Stop being so damn successful and come watch Nickelodeon with me dammit!

I tried twice in WC. I saw there was very little MMA on it so I switched to pro wrestling after it but it never got through either. You make much from it? I'm writing for NewsHub now and it's pretty solid. I believe I'm making £210 for January's work but the difference between it and WC is the amount of people viewing your work and the possibility of earning for every article you post as opposed to just the ones over 500 views and in the top 10.

I've only done one article previously which I posted on here, now I've done this one.

The previous article I made £68 in views which isn't too bad at all considering. I mean, you're really hoping for lots of shares etc and hoping it goes "viral" at least among MMA fans. So if I was churning out a good few articles a month I guess you could make some pretty decent cash from it, all depends on how much free time you have I guess.

I'll certainly look into NewsHub. As you said, there's very little MMA articles on these sites so it's a brilliant subject to write about. Plus if you have any other interests; WWE, Films, Football etc you can write about them.

·
The 55%
16,517 Posts
I've only done one article previously which I posted on here, now I've done this one.

The previous article I made £68 in views which isn't too bad at all considering. I mean, you're really hoping for lots of shares etc and hoping it goes "viral" at least among MMA fans. So if I was churning out a good few articles a month I guess you could make some pretty decent cash from it, all depends on how much free time you have I guess.

I'll certainly look into NewsHub. As you said, there's very little MMA articles on these sites so it's a brilliant subject to write about. Plus if you have any other interests; WWE, Films, Football etc you can write about them.
Stfu, stop telling me about all the wonderful things you can write about when the cnts rejected me :laugh:

Yeah I was more thinking that they were moving away from MMA so that's why I tried pro wrestling the second time. I might give it another shot. They said you should wait like 6 months or something to try again but they can fk off with that :laugh: I was thinking of writing up something like "Top 5 Most Innovative Techniques in MMA". Might submit that in tonight.

Btw, since I already took your thread to fk :laugh:, Yair Rodriguez signed to fight Andre Fili. Since he's on your list, that's kind of relevant eh? haha. Cracking fight though.

EDIT: Since when did I start using so many :laugh: smilies?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stfu, stop telling me about all the wonderful things you can write about when the cnts rejected me :laugh:

Yeah I was more thinking that they were moving away from MMA so that's why I tried pro wrestling the second time. I might give it another shot. They said you should wait like 6 months or something to try again but they can fk off with that :laugh: I was thinking of writing up something like "Top 5 Most Innovative Techniques in MMA". Might submit that in tonight.

Btw, since I already took your thread to fk :laugh:, Yair Rodriguez signed to fight Andre Fili. Since he's on your list, that's kind of relevant eh? haha. Cracking fight though.

EDIT: Since when did I start using so many :laugh: smilies?

Haha my bad! :laugh: (now I'm at it!)

Forgot to mention, since I was inactive due to work they disabled my account due to inactivity which I could understand. So I re-applied and didn't hear anything back (their way of telling you that you've failed) so tried again the next week and got accepted. I used this article but it was far from the state it is in now grammatically, so keep on trying! :thumbsup:

Yeah, brilliant fight! Fili kind of lost some stock after Pepey beat him but he's dangerous, fairly well rounded and from a great camp. Yair looks to be on another level right now though, can see it playing out like Scoggins vs Borg.

·
The 55%
16,517 Posts
Did you apply twice with the same (albeit corrected) article?

Fili's a solid all round guy. Not a title contender or anything but he can strike and can grapple. I could easily change my pick watching tape back but gut feeling says Yair gets outgrappled in it. I could be way off base with that all the same. Yair's one of the most interesting prospects out there though. This is the perfect stepping stone for a guy like him.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you apply twice with the same (albeit corrected) article?

Fili's a solid all round guy. Not a title contender or anything but he can strike and can grapple. I could easily change my pick watching tape back but gut feeling says Yair gets outgrappled in it. I could be way off base with that all the same. Yair's one of the most interesting prospects out there though. This is the perfect stepping stone for a guy like him.
2 different articles. The first one I can admit was a sluggish attempt, hence doing this one.

I love the karate style revolution we're getting at the moment with Thompson, Scoggins, Rodriguez etc. I was on the fence with the Scoggins vs Borg fight but was swaying with the majority that Borg may be able to take him down and smother him but Scoggins soon proved that wrong.

Can't go against the karate style again aha! Yair is so slick and creative off his back that I wouldn't rule out him submitting Fili. Overall it's a fantastic match up for sure and the winner deserves a step up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agree with Duquesnoy. I personally feel Brendan Loughnane beat him but hey, that's MMA. Only 22 years old though, scary thought thinking about what he will be like at say 28. Especially training at Jackson-Wink MMA.

·
The 55%
16,517 Posts
^Yeah that's the only thing holding Tom back for me. I felt he lost that fight and he looked pretty bad in it. Since it was his first time kind of taking that step against a known guy, it was a slight eye opener. I'd have told you a year and a half ago he was the best prospect outside the UFC too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts