Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Not really; it means the best WEC has to offer will no longer be free. :( I'm only thinking of myself, of course.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
How many ppv does ufc sells, usually?

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Depends on the event but the lower end is around 300,000. Upper limit 1.3 Million (UFC 94 I think)

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Afflictions first show did about 150,00 and the second about 100,000

·
Banned
820 Posts
Good for the WEC, hopefully it stays this route. Zuffa just needs to market the next card like they did this one.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
I bet Jung and Garcia had a lot to do with these buys, i think Zuffa owes them this little bit of success.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I bet Jung and Garcia had a lot to do with these buys, i think Zuffa owes them this little bit of success.
nah this was just a little bonus for the paying customers, they deverse some credit for customer satisfaction but lets be honest Faber and Aldo sold those PPV's

·
Registered
399 Posts
It did better then I thought it would. The garcia/jung fight probably got them a lot more buys then they first would of had.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
They each got an extra $65,000.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wonder if Aldo/Gamburyan or Cruz/Benavidez will sell that well. I guess we'll see how important Faber is to the success of their PPVs.
I believe Faber was a huge reason for the PPV buys, ppl underestimate how popular he is. When's the last time a WEC fighter got applauded at a UFC event? No one except Faber. Besides him, the casual audience (which is like 90% of the buys) didn't know who anyone else was except maybe Mike Brown. Even the guy I consider their second most marketable fighter, Ben Henderson, I don't think ppl knew about even him...I mean, who do you know that watches Versus?

Honestly, I don't really don't believe they can do PPV events without Faber.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts