Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how the whole money thing works in the MMA. I know that associations like the UFC and Pride have large contracts for the big names, but what about the smaller gigs. Do you get paid no matter what? More money if you win? Money only if you win? Winner takes all? Do you pay to enter the fights? Just curious, so if any fighterts could let me know that would be great! Thanks!

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Yes you do gain more money if you win a fight rather then losing. But that was not the case in Gracie .vs. Hughes. Gracie still got 400,000 for losing.

PRIDE gives there big name fighters about 700,000 a fight. UFC gives their biggest such as Shamrock and Ortiz about 300,000 a fight. K-1 however pays more about 1,000,000 a fight for their biggest names like Remy, Stefan, Semmy, Ernesto, Peter, etc.

Here is a web site where you can find out how much money each fighters from UFC 58- to date made in their fights.

Complete Martial Arts.com - UFC Results

·
Registered
808 Posts
I was checking out the money won by the UFC guys. I wonder how they base their winnings. Liddell gets 250,000 against COuture yet other title matches guys might get 90,000. I wonder how they base all that. Gracie 400,000 to lose and hughes only 110,000? Doesn't seem right. Tito got 200,000 for beating Griffin, yet Arlovski and Sylvia only got 90,000. WTF is up with that?

·
"Minotauro" Nogueira
496 Posts
Some guys will only settle for very high amounts. They know they can get big money out of a fight so they take advantage.

Paying Gracie 400,000 for the fight was well worth it. Gracie is the biggest draw ever in UFC and UFC 60 earned UFC over 26 million dollars. 600,000 buys.

I wish UFC would bring in some big draws into the Heavyweight division, but it looks like they cost too much.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
/\/\etallica said:
Some guys will only settle for very high amounts. They know they can get big money out of a fight so they take advantage.

Paying Gracie 400,000 for the fight was well worth it. Gracie is the biggest draw ever in UFC and UFC 60 earned UFC over 26 million dollars. 600,000 buys.

I wish UFC would bring in some big draws into the Heavyweight division, but it looks like they cost too much.
Yeah paying Royce Gracie $400,000 was one of the best moves the UFC made in a long time. 600,000 buys surpasses even the WWE's Wrestlemania, that is the first time in UFC history. It's simple, in order for the UFC to pay their fighter more or get new fighters is if we, the fans, buy more UFC DVD's, PPV, Shirts, or any other products. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts