Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
12,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not an endorsement. I came across this looking at different training techniques. Pretty damn cool. There's four or five episodes in all.

Think of it as TUF tryouts. You'll see some familiar faces in here.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Is this the Muay thai tryout? Because on Muay thai day it was pretty brutal. One of the guys gets knocked down during pad work and the trainer just punts him in the face. It was just plain stupid.

·
12,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this the Muay thai tryout? Because on Muay thai day it was pretty brutal. One of the guys gets knocked down during pad work and the trainer just punts him in the face. It was just plain stupid.
Yes it was. I think it was fair game as they were all amateur/about to turn pro. If you want to become a fighter you have to be able to take it. BUT there's a reason why that trainer did that and the documentary explains it. There were a few who got punished pretty badly, and one of em who needed stitches actually makes it.

Otherwise if it's a regular gym then it would be unnecessary roughness. :d

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Yes it was. I think it was fair game as they were all amateur/about to turn pro. If you want to become a fighter you have to be able to take it. BUT there's a reason why that trainer did that and the documentary explains it. There were a few who got punished pretty badly, and one of em who needed stitches actually makes it.

Otherwise if it's a regular gym then it would be unnecessary roughness. :d
No. I understand pushing guys and all that seeing who will break but under no circumstances is it okay to punt a guy in the face after he trips on some shit you as a pad holder ran him into.

Also I've heard some horrible shit about the quality of training at Tiger. That the trainers go out and smoke in the middle of class and shit and just generally don't care unless you're a fighter. Which speaks volumes about a camp. Because if you're only paying attention to pros that means you have zero interest in home growing guys all you want are transplants. And those kinds of gyms are shit.

·
12,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember you were planning on heading out there to train. What gym were you planning on joining. Outside of training knew someone who just went to Ko Phangan for the full moon parties! Looks like fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts