Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent interview, Aleksander Emelianenko spoke of his plans to move to the UFC.

Emelianenko disclosed that his management are currently in negotiations with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and are working on getting him a multi-fight contract that could see him fighting for the UFC Heavyweight title soon.

Aleksander said that he wants to fight the best the UFC has to offer. On facing the current UFC Heavyweight champion, Tim Sylvia, the Russian said:

“Tim is a good fighter, but... let's just say that if I get the opportunity to fight him, I will take his title away with pleasure.”

Aleksander inferred that he wanted to step out of his brother, Pride Heavyweight Champion, Fedor Emelianenko's shadow in Pride and make a name for himself.

Aleksander said that both he and Fedor’s goal is to proudly carry on the family name for years to come. Aleksander said that wants to win the UFC Heavyweight Title and then fight for many years to come. He also predicts that Fedor will remain undefeated until he retires, by that time their little brother Ivan Emelianenko, who the pair are personally training in Grappling, ***** and Boxing, will be ready to take over.

Aleksander Emelianenko: Destination UFC - MMAUniverse.com

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
i think his stand up could have tim sylvia a run for his money this might once and for all prove how superior pride HW is to UFCs and itd be crazy if thier family could own both HW titles i wonder how ivan is

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
This is great news!! Right now I got him about the same level as Sylvia and Arlovski. This would a great editon to a weak division and he'd have a great shot at the title. Im glad Dana White is finally showing willingness to spend money for talent. Hopefully this and the Lindland rumours prove to be true.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
That's awesome news. It would be a great addition to the UFC HW class. I think He might dominate. He's got a better chin than both AA and Sylvia

·
Registered
583 Posts
He'd tear through the UFC Heavyweight Division then finally make his way to Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia. I'm not sure how these fights would go but the odds would be pretty even. It'd be hard to tell who would win since all three men are very good fighters.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not going to get my hopes up yet, and neither should any of you...we've seen other deals go bad. Still, the UFC needs heavyweights, when it is official I will celebrate

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
asskicker said:
This is great news!! Right now I got him about the same level as Sylvia and Arlovski. This would a great editon to a weak division and he'd have a great shot at the title. Im glad Dana White is finally showing willingness to spend money for talent. Hopefully this and the Lindland rumours prove to be true.
i think its more of aleksander making the choice to achieve more than dana white's scouting skills lol and i dont understand the hype with linland i dont think he's that great but then again ive only seen three of his fights or so

·
Registered
509 Posts
I don't see this happening but I'm just basing this on what I've heard about Aleks...

Because of his criminal record, getting into the USA will be a problem, especially since Bisping couldnt even find his way out here recently.

But if it did happen, he'd rock

Let's not forget he's 6'7 so he can handle his own against Sylvia in regards to height :thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nastula is no push over in submissions, and Aleksander submitted him and they both went to decision with Assuerio, just that Aleksander did it three years ago. Plus, he's Russian Mob.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I hope this deal is sealed and is official pretty soon. I've seen quite a few of his fights, I'm not a constant watcher of PRIDE like I am the UFC, although I'm not saying either is better than the other. I think this guy would rip through the majority of the heavyweight division, and would have a pretty good slugest with Sylvia.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
lol

He would Smash Tim and Arlovski with an ease make them look like some amatuers ....boy is bad....he needs to leave pride cause his bro is Running it over there...Come on over Alekzander we want u in the UFC

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
aleks would own the UFC for ever until someone new came over to beat him cuz noone presently in the UFC has a shot

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
It would be great to have such an exciting fighter like Alex in the UFC. With his credentials he should get an "Anderson Silva Deal". Meaning one warm up fight and then a title shot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.