Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Also I found this very funny

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Green, who tonight defends his IBO cruiserweight title against Paul Briggs, is trying to organise a fight with UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, the American bad boy who weighs 120kg and benches 220kg.
"I've spoken to my management team about getting in touch with [UFC president] Dana White to see if it's possible. It would have to be a stand up fight. There's no way I could compete with Lesnar on the ground.

"The bloke outweighs me by plenty and was a champion college wrestler. But to stand inside a steel cage and be able to use fists and elbows ... I'd fight bareknuckle if that's what it takes to get him inside a steel cage.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tar-brock-lesnar/story-e6freygr-1225894810180

I think the decline is starting, Danny Green is one of our best known Boxers, even he is looking at the UFC and not contenders in his own weight divison.

·
Registered
154 Posts
he's also completely missing the concept of mma. he wants to fight brock in an mma match, but only standing. wtf?

brock would still just charge him and press him against the cage..........and proceed to beat his brains out.

·
Registered
769 Posts
First off, this will never happen no matter who Green's manager talks to. Secondly, like everyone's been saying, it can hardly be even considered MMA when its standup only and both fighters will likely never be a threat with kicks. If they were to fight in K1 or something (again, impossible), I'm damn sure Green would take it, but only because it's 100% a different landscape than Lesnar fights in.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
I've always wondered how much Brock benches.

220kg/.45 = 487lbs

Close to 500lbs. Quite impressive considering how agile he is as well. He has far more functional strength than a weight lifter or body builder. I had high hopes for Pudz, unfortunately it all went down the drain against Tim Sylvia...lolz!

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Why do all boxers think they can just come into MMA and fight the HW champion in their first fight? And then only standup? against a fighter that is primarily a wrestler? What sort of retarded shit is this? I mean Anderson said he would fight roy but roy is no where near the top.

This will never happen and the boxer this guy was facing was terrible.

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
im aussie so im allowed to say this, our boxing is a joke and they are all retards, piss off danny you couldnt take on bob sapp

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sounds like the guy is trying to get attention. I'm sure he knows the fight hes talking about would never happen.

I've always wondered how much Brock benches.

220kg/.45 = 487lbs

Close to 500lbs. Quite impressive considering how agile he is as well. He has far more functional strength than a weight lifter or body builder. I had high hopes for Pudz, unfortunately it all went down the drain against Tim Sylvia...lolz!
I've heard his bench was around 600lbs, but that was probably back in his 300lb WWE days. But since hes supposed to only be ~265lbs now 487lbs is very good since its almost twice his own weight.

·
Registered
181 Posts
thanks dario.. was just gona post up this vid myself.. yea i feel for any of the fans in that arena in perth and all those ppl who paid for the ppv. this was absolutely awful. paul briggs couldnt even cut weight..

although it is a loss for boxing though, imo i dont think it is a gain for mma.. anyone who went to the impact fc card in sydney could attest to that.. unfortunately with that debacle ppl might lose interest in mma as well... unless ufc comes to town again :)

Reactions: WestCoastPoutin

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard about the brain problems as well, I am still convinced he took a dive, he was expecting a bigger shot and it never came.

As for Green taking on Lesnar, I honestly couldn't believe what I was reading. What a complete and utter joke.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Briggs vs Green fight was an absolute disgrace.
I too feel sorry for anyone who paid to watch that garbage.

Boxing is now basically dead here in Australia and the boxing hierarchy only have themselves to blame.

Danny Green's abit pathetic aswell, very hypocritical the way he gets on mundine's case about fighting bums when in actual fact he fought Briggs ( Someone who has been out of the game for years) and Jones Jr ( Who is now in his 40s)

As much as i dislike Mundine, he is a much better fighter then danny.

Events like the recent Green fight just show how much better it is in this day and age to be an mma fan then a boxing fan. The UFC continue to give fans what they want and appreciate them by putting together events with plenty of good fights rather then promoting shit like boxing does.

Boxing as a whole will continue to suffer, I still cant believe Mayweather and Pacquiao Cant arrange that fight, Its what the fans want, SO MAKE IT HAPPEN!

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Boxing as a whole will continue to suffer, I still cant believe Mayweather and Pacquiao Cant arrange that fight, Its what the fans want, SO MAKE IT HAPPEN!
thats not what I want to see any more, could not give a sh1t about that fight any more its just gone on for way to long and I give up on it.

What I would love to see in boxing, and this is the only thing I would love to see not that its every going to happen, is for Joe Calzaghe to come out of retirement and stick it to Toney, yea baby that would be sweet, let the fight take place in Wales as well just to give the welsh fans something to laugh about and let Toney know that American Boxers are a joke in the home land of Wales, Toney may walk out cheers in the US but in wales he woudl be walking out to laughter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.