Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weeks ago, Joanna Jedrzejczyk posted a picture of a person wearing a gasmask making corona virus jokes in somewhat bad taste to Weili Zhang. Source

Israel Adesanya said this about Yoel Romero:

“He’s human like anyone else, and everyone likes to make this myth about, ‘Oh, he’s steel, like kicking steel,’ or you hit him and he doesn’t fall. I’ll touch him enough times. I’ll touch him enough times and eventually he’ll crumble like the Twin Towers.” Source

Someone is influencing young and impressionable fighters into saying deliberately offensive things.

To give athletic commissions an excuse to step in and strip them of their freedom of speech.

If you're a young fighter don't give them an excuse to take what you have.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a fan of Khabib's "clean" image. Years ago, Khabib and his friends were talking shit about Nate Diaz at a fight which led to that brawl at WSOF or whichever promotion it was. Khabib in his own country said plenty of nasty things about Conor. Khabib did things to make that fight personal. Then he pretended none of it ever happened when the cameras were rolling. I 100% hope Tony Ferguson beats him.

Adesanya apologized for his 9/11 comments. I can only imagine there are lots of people who were planning to buy his pay per view who no longer will be doing so, after the comments he made.

·
The Title Guy
16,703 Posts
At least Adesanya apologized which to me makes him more of a man then people who wouldn't say anything. I'm glad you brought up the whole Khabib issues because what do you do if someone is smack talking outside of the commission on social media. Can that be applied there or does the post have to be in the commission jurisdiction.

·
Premium Member
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They would try to fine them and refuse to sanction their fights, or allow them to corner any1 in their jurisdiction. Until they paid. Then they could try to convince other commissions and organizations around the world to follow their lead. Which may or may not happen.

People are losing enough rights and freedoms without athletic commissions depleting freedom of speech further.

·
The Title Guy
16,703 Posts
I don't think they could go beyond fines and even then they could probably sue them and get it lifted in an actual court. Remember this country maybe messed up in places but for the most part this is a sane country and wouldn't resort to depleting human rights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts