Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The most insightful 1 minute and 45 seconds on Khabib's retirement anyone might ever see.

·
The Title Guy
17,558 Posts
This is Russia Today we are talking about. They will push a line regardless of how boring it is.

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its 100% worth watching. It explains a lot of things.

However conflicted RT might seem, they're still better than CNN or fox news IMO.

Tucker Carlson of fox news fame being the only exception.

·
The Title Guy
17,558 Posts
I agree 100% that RT is going to be better then CNN but I disagree about the idea that they are better then Fox News.

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fox News sold out awhile ago.

Surprised no one is picking this story up. Its the best explanation for Khabib's retirement so far.

·
The Title Guy
17,558 Posts
Well emotions are big and after all that hard work to get to that point or knowing that it is over it can take over someone's emotions. That is what happened with Khabib where after losing his father and promising his mother that he would stop, it came to the surface.

·
The Title Guy
17,558 Posts
Well either way it looks like whomever wins Nevada wins the election and if not, Trump is going to demand a Wisconsin recount due to the fact that there have been more votes cast then registered voters in the state. Like I said though if Trump wins all other states still up for grabs then it's game over.

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Updates.

American media not covering for whatever reason.

·
The Title Guy
17,558 Posts
I figured he had a retirement plan and had made some smart investments with all of those millions of dollars that he made from fighting. Also I'm sure that if necessary, Putin or Fedor would be willing to give him a government job with regulating MMA. But yeah these Russian fighters just enjoy going into the frozen tundras to live a simple fight.

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure that if necessary, Putin or Fedor would be willing to give him a government job with regulating MMA.

Sharp comment. If I remember right Putin holds black belts in judo and TKD.

Under normal circumstances I think Khabib would return to get his 30-0.

But the conspiracy theorist in me remembers Putin wanted Fedor to retire when he was on top.

And thinks Putin made Khabib an offer he couldn't refuse to get him to retire the way he wanted Fedor to retire.

·
The Title Guy
17,558 Posts
Yeah except that if I recall from an interview, Khabib is planning on going to sheep farming or something like that which if it makes a living all the more power to him. As for Putin and Fedor, the Last Emperor did ask the permission of the President of Russia for his return to MMA. But yeah it's possible Khabib is getting an offer from Putin.

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I can't say I pay attention to russia's state of affairs. But.

When international sanctions were imposed on russia. Russia became dependent on china for food. It gave china and bankers leverage on Putin.

If someone like Khabib could boost russia's farming industry in a way which made them independent of chinese influence he could be a national hero a 2nd time over. There could be a real need for that. A need which could be an angle behind Khabib's farming aspirations.

Anyways. Nvm. I doubt anyone is aware of these issues. Pointless to talk about. But don't be surprised if you see more obvious signs of Khabib being given privilege from someone like Putin in the future.

·
The Title Guy
17,558 Posts
I'm pretty sure Khabib was just going to do some local farming to support his family and wasn't going into some wider economic plan. Also knowing how the Russian economy is that all doesn't surprise me considering they are still recovering from their years of communist planned economic policies. They still haven't recovered.

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
If you've ever heard stories of north koreans resorting to cannibalism in years with bad crop harvest and defectors being infected with tapeworms and other health issues. Its due to sanctions. Russia has dealt with similar issues if to a lesser extent after economic sanctions were imposed on them.

The issue with russian and chinese famine with Stalin/Mao is under communism the state owns and controls everything. Normal people were not allowed to grow their own food during famine as the state owned and controlled all the land and would not give them permission. People starved by the millions. Meanwhile in cuba the communist government took a different stance giving cubans permission to grow their own food on state owned land. Even today the cuban government owns all the land but the people have their own form of guerilla gardening / land management which makes cuba somewhat self sufficient in terms of agriculture.

If you watch MMA fighters on social media. You might notice how one of them starts doing something. Archery. Shooting guns. Triathalons. Mountain biking. Whatever. Another MMA fighter takes it up as a hobby. And another. Before you know it the hobby has become trendy and everyone is doing it.

Khabib going into farming could be the same. Khabib will post pics on instagram with his tractors, livestock and combines. Whatever. Others in russia do the same as it becomes trendy. Before you know it lots of people who otherwise would never have imagined themselves growing things or farming will be doing it. Smart leaders and politicians know and recognize this. Even drug dealers know this. Which is why they always target the most popular kids in school to peddle drugs.

·
The Title Guy
17,558 Posts
So you think Khabib doing farming could start a trend within Russia that would only help the already struggling economy? That actually isn't a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
When red cross and humanitarian groups travel to africa. Teaching africans to grow their crops is a big part of the program.

Maybe Khabib will melt down his sword and turn it into a plow here. Like a line out of the bible/koran.

Then 5 years later Putin might appoint Khabib to a head minister of agriculture position. Which will pave the way to Khabib having a bright future in russian politics.

Who knows how things will go.

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Video clips in this thread are still the best info on Khabib's retirement.

MMA media not covering this at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts