Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 6 fight deal, that does not affect the Shark Fight in September:

Just hours ago, Paul Daley signed a six-fight Strikeforce contract. He will still fight at Shark Fights 13 which will go down September 11th at the Civic Center Coliseum in Amarillo, Texas (sort of a strange date to have an MMA event). His first opponent will be Evangelista Cyborg which denotes that he will still be competing at welterweight.

Paul Daley seems extraordinarily happy with the financial package that he received from Strikeforce. Not sure when Daley will debut in the organization but according to UnitedGlory.nl, he will also be competing in a welterweight tournament (along with Shinya Aoki) which will kick off October 16th and wrap-up April 2011. Of course, all of this really means that we may see some of the greatest smack-talk in the history of MMA if Paul Daley vs. Nick Diaz goes down.

MMA Weekly confirms:

The news was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the situation on Sunday, and first reported by MiddleEasy.com.

Daley's camp was unavailable for comment, but sources have indicated that the British bomber will still participate in the upcoming Shark Fights card in September that he was previously announced for, although an opponent has not been named yet.

There has been no word on when Daley would make his Strikeforce debut, but the they are currently putting together a proposed card for October that may see the Brit in his promotional debut for the organization.

Signing Daley is a no brainer for Strikeforce given their talent starved welterweight division. Daley vs Mr. Cyborg could be some real fireworks and Daley vs Nick Diaz would be epic.

UPDATE [from Luke Thomas]: USA TODAY's Sergio Non talked to Strikeforce directly and says not so fast:

Just got off phone with Strikeforce's Afromowitz, who says Daley isn't signed yet, though the company expects it Monday or Tuesday.
Link

·
Registered
428 Posts
this is actually a good situation for daley, but outside of zarkomis, diaz , and cyborg what other big name fighters does strikeforce have at ww??

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've got two predictions for Diaz/Daley:

1) Diaz is going to win
2) Most epic post fight brawl after Daley connects with that hook and Cesar Gracie jumps into the ring
hahaha that would be epicx10 how many of daleys limbs do you think cesar would snap?

·
Registered
603 Posts
A 6 fight deal, that does not affect the Shark Fight in September:

Link
This is cool, such a shame that he did what he did to koscheck, as I looked forward to seeing what he could do in the UFC, but I think anyone could forgive him to wanting to punch that muppet in the face,lol.
Anyway,i'm glad PD got a second chance as he'd be a wasted talent otherwise and I think there are some really nice match ups with the likes of Zaromskis, cyborg , Diaz etc waiting in the wings.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I think its a horrible signing for Strikeforce regardless of the fact it should make for some great fights. Honestly Strikeforce didn't get enough bad publicity from the brawl with Miller and the Gracie camp lets hire this guy now.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
this is actually a good situation for daley, but outside of zarkomis, diaz , and cyborg what other big name fighters does strikeforce have at ww??
Two other wins that would look good on his resume are Tyron Woodley and Jay Heiron.

I don't see him getting past Woodley or Diaz. He'd have a good slugout with Zaromskis and Heiron.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Yay. Daley vs diaz please. I can see diaz being stubborn enough to stand and trade with Daley and getting KTFO early.

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
I've got two predictions for Diaz/Daley:

1) Diaz is going to win
2) Most epic post fight brawl after Daley connects with that hook and Cesar Gracie jumps into the ring
3) Daley wins the gaycie clowns try to jump him and what follows is an epic post fight KTFO spree with daley not only KO diaz twice in one night but also sf former Mw and current LW champ. earning him title of Middle light welterweight champ.

just for clarity i go with the third option.:thumb02:

·
Banned
5,115 Posts

And thats the kind of power paul daley has ladies and gentlemen.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
oooo, maybe we'll see Diaz vs Daley eventually for the belt!

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
hmmmm i think Paul will have a pretty damn good record after his contract is up.

Realisticly he has probably got the beating of Cyborg, Zaromskis, Bowling, Heiron and maybe Woodley.

He wont get past Diaz (unless Diaz tries to prove he can K.O Daley) and he wont get past Scott Smith.

I'd like to see Daley Vs Cung Le at catchweight pls strikeforce!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts