Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been interested in seeing the UFC add the 145 division since Mark Hominick mentioned it in his post-fight interview against Yves Edwards. I could imagine these guys would be a thrill to watch, and after they crown a new lightweight champion, you have to wonder what Dana White is gonna do to spice up all of the divisons a bit.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
There won't be enough fighters in it unless Dana signs some really good ones. Tyson Griffin is about 145, if not bigger. He could maybe sign Urijah Faber, but it would still be a small, unstacked division. Plus no one in it thats that great.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
spearsoldier said:
Meh, Im 5 foot 7, 186, and 11% bf.

Its possible. Look at Monson.

I say any adult who doesnt weigh at least 165, should kill themselves. (males of course)
you're a fattie! jk
and 165 is a lot...

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I was just thinking today at work about making a poll to see ask how many years everyone thinks it will take for the UFC to get a featherweight division. How can you say there are not enough good fighters at 145 MMA freak? You don't know that. Have you seen EVERY 145-pound fighter in the world fight? Just cuz you haven't heard of any doesn't mean there isn't any. What would be the reason there are no good 145-pound fighters? I don't understand why you said that for no good reason?

·
Registered
808 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
I was just thinking today at work about making a poll to see ask how many years everyone thinks it will take for the UFC to get a featherweight division. How can you say there are not enough good fighters at 145 MMA freak? You don't know that. Have you seen EVERY 145-pound fighter in the world fight? Just cuz you haven't heard of any doesn't mean there isn't any. What would be the reason there are no good 145-pound fighters? I don't understand why you said that for no good reason?
The same reason he says makes most of the posts he makes:laugh:

·
Registered
41 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
you're a fattie! jk
and 165 is a lot...

actualy 11%bf says otherwise... over 21% is conciderd overweight i think

but it is normal to weight less than that yes

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I'm 5'7'' 142 lbs with like >3% body fat. I'm not big looking at all. I can't beef up like most guys, I'm built like a rabbit. I don't eat as much protein as I should to be able to look like someone like Sherk or Hughes, I look more like Kid Yamamoto, but he's a little more ripped than me I think.

I say YES PLEASE to a UFC featherweight division!!!!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
You misread me once again.

I said there are a lot of good people in the division, just not much who fight in it.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
MMA freak said:
You misread me once again.

I said there are a lot of good people in the division, just not much who fight in it.

That makes no sense, if they're in the division....are they not fighting???? How can there be good fighters in a 145 pound division that don't fight? :confused:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
That makes no sense, if they're in the division....are they not fighting???? How can there be good fighters in a 145 pound division that don't fight? :confused:
There are good fighters in the division, don't read "a lot of" but there are not much people who fight at 145 in the world of MMA. All I know is Yamamoto, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez, Jeff Curran, thats about it.

·
Banned
186 Posts
My personal feeling is that 5 weight classes is enough.

LW
WW
MW
LHW
HW

What we really need are more talented fighters in the UFC. I'm getting concerned that the talent is getting spread around in different organizations (IFL, K1, KOTC, Bodog, etc).

I feel that less organizations would be good for the sport.
Otherwise this MMA spike in popularity will fade just as fast as the Texas Hold'em craze did.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think if they made a 145 division it would take away a lot of good fighters from the 155 pound division ,so you'd have one okay division and one pretty weak division.I'm sure eventually they'll have 145 pound champion in the UFC ,but I hope that's not untill a long ass time later.I mean they just brought back the 155 pound division it's still way too soon to bring in the 145 pound division.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
MMA freak said:
There are good fighters in the division, don't read "a lot of" but there are not much people who fight at 145 in the world of MMA. All I know is Yamamoto, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez, Jeff Curran, thats about it.
Well then no I didn't misread you man. Just because you haven't heard of any doesn't mean they don't exist man like I said the first time. And I'm not saying your wrong cuz I don't know, but are you sure Melendez is a featherweight???

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
TheJame said:
I've been interested in seeing the UFC add the 145 division since Mark Hominick mentioned it in his post-fight interview against Yves Edwards. I could imagine these guys would be a thrill to watch, and after they crown a new lightweight champion, you have to wonder what Dana White is gonna do to spice up all of the divisons a bit.
this would be sick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts