Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea my school has a wrestling team. not very good im pretty sure id be one of the best. but i go to bjj and muay thai during the week and saturdays. wrestling with the school will get in the way. my gym has a takedowns class. im thinking go with the takedowns class at my gym. but would appreciate some feedback. thanks

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
I would try both bro You could end up making it pretty far with your school. Takedowns are not wreastling thats one part of it yes but not nearly all of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wrestling does give you a variety of takedowns and throws... but it also gives you a great base, conditioning, and takedown defense. To me wrestling is mostly just controlling your opponent and that helps give you a good foundation to your ground game.

My two cents, hope it helped

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are not that big (yet). A 6:02 mile time is great, but what about your 40-yard dash time? How well do you catch the ball? Football is all about bursts of speed and strength. If you have legitimate speed and good hands, go with running back or receiver. If you have good speed but are not the best pass catcher, become a cornerback. If not there, try your hand at safety. Most importantly, play where you have the most fun and can give the best contribution to your team (that could be anywhere - lineman, kicker, punter or long snapper).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts