Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all a week ago I had my first amature muay thai fight. Unfortunately I lost.I've had 3 k1 fight before that. I'd like to hear some advice/tips on it. Please feel free to comment.
Ps. I'm thr guy in black/white shorts

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
I'd say, move some more iron. It looked like your opponent was just physically stronger than you, that's why he was able to put pressure on you and walk you down. Given that, you did considerably well, trying to keep the distance and counter him, but obviously that wasn't enough, not even with the knock downs in the end. So putting on some more muscles might help.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You did alot well, especially in the later rounds. Rushers are difficult to deal especially with not a lot of experience.

Some things I noticed:

-for guys coming out HARD well timed teeps are good for dissuasion, theres a good one at 1:53 you throw. It knocks him back and makes him consider. More of these well-timed, well-set teeps and its a different game

-you throw other teeps but not at the right time, wait till his first movement forward when he is square with you to maximize impact and probability of landing

-going low body on guys that usually rush in head hunting works too, hard straight to solar plexus on first movement then follow up combo, most of the time you just swing back at the head-he's better at that game

-as for your punching, you need some mechanics work, alot of times youre not set, your feet are not into it, and you are winging your punches rather than throwing straights. straight punches are good because they carry the aligned power of your body, armsshould be in line with your shoulders

-that wide winging right hook isn't doing anything but leaving you open for counters

-overall because of this, you dont have a lot of stopping or dissuading power for guys coming forward at you -SET YOUR BASE, throw timely teeps and body shots

-i know youre tired, but your opposite hand guard isnt up when you punch, and your hands are low a lot

-both of you are throwing a lot of alternating hand combos:
a) know this and counter accordingly ( a left will follow a right, a right will follow a left)
b) mix it up yourself to keep the opponent of balance

-catch some kicks, his were pretty unpredictable, but after hands usually come the kicks, cover up and wait for the kick

Just my opinion. Train hard and good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts