Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

after chuck beats babalu

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  shawnesty23 
#1 ·
who do you think is next..probably tito huh?

#2 ·
I'm not really interested in watching Chuck kick babalu's ass again, and he'd destroy Tito too. If Vera stays undefeated then he'll probably come down to lightheavyweight and fight Chuck.

To be honest, I don't think that chuck really has any competition in the UFC lightheavyweight division.

#3 ·
I know that Babalu is a great fighter but I don;t understand why he should get another title shot right now. What has he done since getting his ass kicked the last time he fought Chuck? This is not a rhetorical question I really want to know.

#4 · (Edited)
Babalu will beat chuck. He has changed camps where he trains, and he's won like his last 10 fight's. I know chuck kicked him in the head. Whoopty dee frigging doo. No one gives him credit. You don't have to take him down to knee bar him. I think babalu has a great chance of beating him. And to answer what has he done check his fight stats on the forum. He beat jeremy horn,Mauricio Rua and Trevor Prangley in the same night. He's beat Wuiff and MVA in the UFC. He's on a role.

#5 ·
moldy said:
Babalu will beat chuck. He has changed camps where he trains, and he's won like his last 10 fight's. I know chuck kicked him in the head. Whoopty dee frigging doo. No one gives him credit. You don't have to take him down to knee bar him. I think babalu has a great chance of beating him.
Babalu is a great fighter but he got beat the first time clean, it was no coincidence and it was'nt luck. If Babalu is so great why did he get taken out with a head kick and multiple punches directly in his face? He could beat Chuck for sure and his chances at doing that are better than most but the end is the same IMO.
I think Chuck finishes him in the first round with strikes if this fight happens.

#6 ·
I already know what everyone is going to say after i post it but i will anyway. Anyone who has got chuck on his back has destroyed him. The first fight with Randy, and the rampage fight are examples of this. Alistar almost knocked him out, he was rubber legged. I know you have to get him down first without eating a kick or a punch but if babalu does he will submit him.

#7 ·
moldy said:
I already know what everyone is going to say after i post it but i will anyway. Anyone who has got chuck on his back has destroyed him. The first fight with Randy, and the rampage fight are examples of this. Alistar almost knocked him out, he was rubber legged. I know you have to get him down first without eating a kick or a punch but if babalu does he will submit him.

I agree with this.

Reactions: moldy
#10 ·
Keithpas said:
Babalu is a great fighter but he got beat the first time clean, it was no coincidence and it was'nt luck. If Babalu is so great why did he get taken out with a head kick and multiple punches directly in his face? He could beat Chuck for sure and his chances at doing that are better than most but the end is the same IMO.
I think Chuck finishes him in the first round with strikes if this fight happens.
HOW DO YOU THINK BABALU WILL WIN, SUB, KO, DECISION?

#11 ·
Keithpas said:
I know that Babalu is a great fighter but I don;t understand why he should get another title shot right now. What has he done since getting his ass kicked the last time he fought Chuck? This is not a rhetorical question I really want to know.
Sadly in the UFC (HW, LHW, and MW is suffering from this right now) it's not "who deserves a championship fight?" It's more "who's the most legitimate challenger?" Babalu hasn't done enough in the UFC to deserve a championship match, but who else in the UFC LHW division deserves it more than him right now? All I know is he deserves it more than Eilers did at Arlovski's belt...

I think Babalu is Chuck's biggest threat in the UFC right now. Of course it aint going to be easy since Chuck has some awesome TD defense and he can pick himself up off the ground with someone on top of him. Hopefully Babalu's TDs are good enough to take Chuck down a few times, if he can then it should be smooth sailing for him after Chuck gasses.

#13 ·
ShaunHunting said:
Babalu has won his last 10 fights - his last 5 wins were submissions. I guarantee he's not the same fighter as he was 3 1/2 years ago when he fought Chuck.

It's also notable that his KO loss to Chuck was his only ever (T)KO loss in 32 pro fights.
So he is 31-1 if I am reading this all correctly and he is fighting Chuck who was his only loss and he has won his last 10 fights since losing to chuck? If that is how it stands this may be a good fight after all

#14 ·
ShaunHunting said:
Babalu has won his last 10 fights - his last 5 wins were submissions. I guarantee he's not the same fighter as he was 3 1/2 years ago when he fought Chuck.

It's also notable that his KO loss to Chuck was his only ever (T)KO loss in 32 pro fights.

This is nothing more than another Dana White hand picked opponent for Chuck....There's more deadlier fighters out there than this fella....What about a freaking rematch with Ortiz...or Evans....Many fighters deserve a shot at the title.

#15 ·
So he is 31-1 if I am reading this all correctly and he is fighting Chuck who was his only loss and he has won his last 10 fights since losing to chuck? If that is how it stands this may be a good fight after all
Actually he's 27-5 - his only KO loss was to Liddell. He's also lost 3 decisions and 1 fight by submission, however he hasn't lost since he fought Liddell back in November 2002.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.