Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you think Forrest griffin would do against Lil Nog, if he hadn't of gone injured and fought against Lil Nog.

I think he would of pulled off a decision... he has a much better tank than jason brilz and a better ground game.. i'd also give him the edge on striking too. Truthfully i thought jason brilz won the fight against nog.. but thats just my opinion

·
official thrash metal connoisseur
3,329 Posts
I probably need to watch the fight again, but I remember Brilz winning mainly because of his wrestling skills and tiring Lil Nog out. Forrest is a pretty terrible wrestler.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
this topic is so subjective. Any fighter can beat anyone and just because Brilz but in a good performance does not mean he'd beat Forrest. He may... but for the guy who said Forrest is not great off his back I think is underating his BJJ, it is very good. Also Brilz looked horrible on the ground, most wrestlers are great at control but i've never seen a guy get swept that many times in exactly the same fashion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think Lil Nog would of taken it, he was training for forrest for most of the time and probably didnt grapple signifacantly for it until he found out he had Brilz. Also there would be a lesser chance of Nog gassing standing up with forrest which what forrest probably would of done.

·
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy
2,060 Posts
After watching that fight I think to be honest Forrest would have taken it via decision. Forrest has a great ground game and acknowledged he didnt want to stand against a powerful southpaw. Forrest probbably would have spent much of the fight just overpowering Nog. Nog looked relatively small and Forrest is huge, I just have a vision of him clinching and bullying Lil'Nog all night.

I dont have anything to base that on but I know that Forrests stand up is better than Brilz and his ground game is much more well rounded (not his wrestling just his Ground Game in general).

I think it's safe to say we all got ahead of ourselfs after seeing him drop Cane who we also thought was going to be a beast but it looks like this isn't the case because Diabate showed the dude has pretty much know defense and relies on on offense pretty darn heavily.

Cane obviously wilts under pressure because he's done so in two seperate occasions now. Nog put a grand display of power on his chin and then he made Diabate who seemed almost amateurish for the first minute or so, look like a top notch stiker, after eating a decent shot to the dome.

I know im doign a bit of MMA math and im not refuting Nog's skills on the feet but I think to safe to say we over rated him just a tad bit. I jsut feel Forrest would be able to handle anything Nog could bring his way and would have once again won a fight in which he was supposed to get dominated and may have possibly gotten another early shot at the title. Not that, that would eb a good thing but it could have very easily been the case.

Reactions: limba

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Forrest has ok takedowns, good sub defense, good top control, average submission skills, average power, and poor striking defense. I still think Lil Nog is quite a bit better then him in every department and is a very poor match up for Forrest. Still wanna see this fight though, as saturday showed us, you never really know until those cage doors close.

·
Registered
118 Posts
After watching that fight I think to be honest Forrest would have taken it via decision. Forrest has a great ground game and acknowledged he didnt want to stand against a powerful southpaw. Forrest probbably would have spent much of the fight just overpowering Nog. Nog looked relatively small and Forrest is huge, I just have a vision of him clinching and bullying Lil'Nog all night.

I dont have anything to base that on but I know that Forrests stand up is better than Brilz and his ground game is much more well rounded (not his wrestling just his Ground Game in general).

I think it's safe to say we all got ahead of ourselfs after seeing him drop Cane who we also thought was going to be a beast but it looks like this isn't the case because Diabate showed the dude has pretty much know defense and relies on on offense pretty darn heavily.

Cane obviously wilts under pressure because he's done so in two seperate occasions now. Nog put a grand display of power on his chin and then he made Diabate who seemed almost amateurish for the first minute or so, look like a top notch stiker, after eating a decent shot to the dome.

I know im doign a bit of MMA math and im not refuting Nog's skills on the feet but I think to safe to say we over rated him just a tad bit. I jsut feel Forrest would be able to handle anything Nog could bring his way and would have once again won a fight in which he was supposed to get dominated and may have possibly gotten another early shot at the title. Not that, that would eb a good thing but it could have very easily been the case.

:thumbsup: cosign

The lil nog that showed up on sat night would've lost against forrest.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
At the time Forrest-Nog was still on i was giving it to Nog 9/10 times.
Now, i believe Forrest would take this 7/10 times.
Don't know if this has something to do with the fact that Nog, maybe entered the fight to relaxed and over confident, knowing he would face a lower ranked fighter.

That's why i think Forrest-Nog should happen when Forrest is back.
Kinda the same story like Fitch-Alves situation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.