Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aleksander Emelianenko Will Possibly Face Mariusz Pudzianowski At KSW 14 | Steve Rattlesnake

Reported by MMASpot, KSW owners Maciej Kawulski and Martin Lewandowski recently met with Fedor’s Brother Aleksander Emelianeko to discuss his participation in the future KSW events. Accordingly the meeting was both substantive and amenable to the parties involved, as a verbal agreement was reached. “We have a verbal agreement in place with Aleksander and we can reveal that Polish MMA fans will be soon able to see this formidable fighter in the KSW ring” said Lewandowski and Kawulski.

Although the fight is not yet confirmed Aleksander will possibly fight KSW’s star and 5x “World Strongest Man” Mariusz Pudzianowski. There have been talks about Butterbean possibly facing Pudzianowski but the KSW officials is sure to be eyeing Aleksander in their next KSW event.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Like the OP said 5 time "world's strongest man" and living proof that carrying that much muscle is not natural or advantageous in a fight.

Was it Shamrock or Rogan that called him " the worlds reddest man" ?

·
Banned
820 Posts
How about we just do Aleks vs Butterbean?

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
How about we just do Aleks vs Butterbean?
A much better match but not as much fun as watching either humble pudz.

To be honest I give the man respect for ever getting in a cage again or even being seen in public.

·
Banned
820 Posts
I figured being beat by an out of shape Sylvia would be enough.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
..Too Kewl! Aleksander Emelianenko is a beast. Pud would get smoked by Aleks. He's got good striking and is as tough as they come. I wish he would sign with the UFC. That would make it the HW division even deeper with more anticipation. Emelianenko has every advantage but strength. You can be the strongest man in the world but if a guy 6 foot 5, 250 lbs with great striking & experience cracks you on the button, you're goin'down. WAR FEDOR'S BROTHER!!...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
603 Posts
This is really dissapointing on Aleks part. As a fan I rather see him fight someone tougher guys, surely after Silva defeated Pudza.
He's probably just fighting because he has no other option if he wants to get paid, and Pudz in Poland will be a fairly big money fight for him.
With ALEKS skills he should definitely be fighting in UFC/STRIKEFORCE with the skills that he possesses, ahead of the likes of quite a few fighters that are currently on their rosters.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
Aleks via submission (strikes)

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
This matchup makes no sense whatsoever.:confused03: At least Butterbean is (supposed to be) worse than Sylvia, and him vs Pudz would have been like fat vs muscle. Accepting a fight against Aleks just makes it seem like Pudz is disappointed that Sylvia didn't actually kill him in the ring.

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
Butterbean would kill Pudz....The only chance Pudz has against BB is get him down and hope hes to fat to get up......Aleks would murder Pudz

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd really like to see Butterbean against Pudzianowski, it would be just like the old days of UFC. I know Pudz isn't exactly Sakuraba but he deserves a huge amount of respect for what he's achieved in World's Strongest Man. He's officially the greatest of all time and the stuff that those guys do is seriously impressive. Geoff Capes is probably my all time favourite sportsman.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
Nobody's trying to take away his accomplishments in World's Strongest Man but this is MMA not the strongman competitions. Before losing to 300 pound Sylvia, he was taking shots at Lesnar and Fedor.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I'm not so sure, I still think Pudz has a lot of potential, his loss to Sylvia was very much due to lack of experience, he ran out there in the first round like a wild man going for those big take downs and in fairness even though Syvia was doing a real good job defending them for the most part Pudz probably did do enough to win that first round.

When you try like that for 5 mins in the first round to pick up and slam a 300+ lb guy, even if you have the strength like Pudz probably does, its going to eat your gas tank, I dont think Pudz lacks cardio I just think he went a little crazy with the power he was dishing out in the first round and did a real bad job of reserving the tank, then when Sylvia got him down in the second and started to work position and GnP, I think Pudz been the athlete he is knew he was out of gas and tapped because he did not see the point of getting a beating.

I think if he looks at his performance and see's where he went wrong and acts upon it and learns from it he could still become a very dangerous and top 265+ lb fighter, still would like to see him cut to 265 and see how he handles himself in a HW division.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
If this is true, it's kinda sad. Aleks should be fighting guys on his level, not wasting his time with freak show fights like this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts