• Fedor Emelianenko

Votes: 86 90.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll keep this simple, If Overeem ever decides to comeback from Japan his next fight will most likely be against Fedor. Do you believe Overeem has the skills to take out Fedor or will he crumble faster then Tim Sylvia?

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
IMO Overeem has bigger chance to defeat Fedor than Rogers. He is a well rounded monster! You don't see to many of those.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Better chance than Rogers yes. Still, Fedor by however he chooses. He's better in every single area of the game.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
One could make the argument as he won fighters his training got better and such so his body improved hit if I did not have to work 40+ hours a week I'd be a beast myself..
One could also argue the use of illicit substances as well as that is some serious muscle mass increase.

·
Registered
773 Posts
badr Hari took som solid shots from bojanski and was still standing but when Overeem hit him.....as michael schiavello says 'good night irene'

In short overeem cant hit like a freight train

We know that he has been pummeled by shoguns laser guided fist in pride and by chuck but this guys size certainly ads another dimension to his game as he seems to carry it well

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
Alister has a better chance then anyone in mma to beat Fedor.. Alister would kick Brocks ass that Im sure of.. 1st rd ko.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Alister has a better chance then anyone in mma to beat Fedor.. Alister would kick Brocks ass that Im sure of.. 1st rd ko.
Despite the fact that Overeem has never beaten a credible HW fighter. Unless you consider Buentello to be a good HW.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Better chance than Rogers yes. Still, Fedor by however he chooses. He's better in every single area of the game.
It's hard to say where Fedor's straight up striking stands against Overeem.

Agreed, the dude is jacked and has dynamite in 2 legs and 2 hands.

Despite the fact that Overeem has never beaten a credible HW fighter. Unless you consider Buentello to be a good HW.
Buentello is a good HW, but that's not the point. Overeem hasn't had the fortune of facing anyone recently since SF was building it's roster then. But keep in mind:

Overeem is extremely well rounded
His striking is almost certainly the best in the division
He's defeated Aerts and Hadri for godssake
Basically tied with Bonjaski
Has an awesome guillotine to counter shoots

If Fedor continued his gameplan of KO'ing strikers, it could be a tough night for him. I still see him taking it by awesomeness though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
From a competitive standpoint, considering how Fedor looked against Rodgers, It's fair to say that Overeem has a shot at winning....

However....

The same was SAID for Rodgers, and look what happened.

Slowing down or not... Fedor is still the MAN. :praise01:

·
Po Pimpin
795 Posts
Overeem is a totally differnt fighter from yesterdays.. I know we havent seen him truly testes in mma at hw but I think he will do jus fine.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts