Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3128 Posts

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in interesting times my friends. It can only get more interesting now that The Donald has agreed to save us. But first he'll have to find a new walkout song. Neil young says he can't use his anymore :)

It’s hard to pick just one sound bite, but here’s a shot at the 10 best nuggets:
10. On terrorism: “Islamic terrorism is eating large portions of the Mideast. They’ve become rich. I’m in competition with them.”
9. On his GOP rivals: “The other candidates — they went in, they didn’t know the air conditioning didn’t work. They sweated like dogs. They didn’t know the room was too big because they didn’t have anybody there. How are they gonna beat ISIS? I don’t think it’s gonna happen.”

8. On the future of the Affordable Care Act: “Remember, Obamacare really kicks in in ‘16. 2016. Obama’s gonna be out playing golf. He might even be on one of my courses. I would invite him, I actually would say it. I have the best courses in the world so I’d say, you know what if he wants to. I have one right next to the White House. Right on the Potomac. If he’d like to play, that’s fine. In fact, I’d love him to leave early and play.”

7. On his love of China: “I’m not saying they’re stupid. I like China. I just sold an apartment for $15 million. Am I supposed to dislike ‘em? … People say you don’t like China. No, I love them. But their leaders are much smarter than our leaders. And we can’t sustain ourselves with that. It’s like, take the New England Patriots and Tom Brady and have them play your high school football team.”

6. On negotiating with foreign countries: “I know the smartest negotiators in the world. I know the good ones, I know the bad ones, I know the overrated ones. You got a lot of them that are overrated. They’re not good, they think they are, they get good stories, cause the newspapers get buffaloed. But they’re not good. But I know the best negotiators in the world. I’d put them one for each country. Believe me, folks, we’d do very well.”

5. On the economy: “I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.”

4. On America’s borders: “I would build a great wall. And nobody builds walls better than me, believe me. And I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall.”

3. On John Kerry and the Iran nuclear talks: “I will stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons. And we won’t be using a man like Secretary Kerry that has absolutely no concept of negotiation, who’s making a horrible and laughable deal, who’s just being tapped along as they make weapons right now and then goes into a bicycle race at 72-years-old and falls and breaks his leg. I won’t be doing that. And I promise, I will never be in a bicycle race — that I can tell you.”

2. On his wealth: “I don’t need anybody’s money. It’s nice. I don’t need anybody’s money. I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich, I’ll show you that in a second. And by the way, I’m not even saying that in a braggadocios … that’s the kind that’s the kind of thinking you need for this country.”

1. On immigration: “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”
Let the good times roll :thumb02:

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
If this guy even makes it out of the primary I'm moving back home. I don't want to live in a country where people even consider this guy as a possibility for president.

·
Registered
650 Posts
If this guy even makes it out of the primary I'm moving back home. I don't want to live in a country where people even consider this guy as a possibility for president.
It just advertising for the new season of The Apprentice. Don't worry. He is as fake as his hair. I do like the Apprentice though. So it is half good news.

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
If hilary clinton ever wins an election im gonna nuke america myself, jeb bush isn't a great option either

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
America hasnt had good candidates sine bill clinton era.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Bill good.. hillary bad...?
Hillary will just be Bill's third term.:)
Not American myself but my wife's grandmother was. She left us a huge collection of Hillary Memorabilia. If Hillary wins. The value of the collection will go through the roof. So fingers crossed for a new President Clinton.

Plus my wife's grandmother was one of the greatest people I have ever met. So it would be nice to know she is smiling in the after life.

PS- It would also be a country size middle finger to those women abusers in the Middle east.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Donald Trump's big presidential announcement Tuesday was made a little bigger with help from paid actors — at $50 a pop.

New York-based Extra Mile Casting sent an email last Friday to its client list of background actors, seeking extras to beef up attendance at Trump's event.

"We are looking to cast people for the event to wear t-shirts and carry signs and help cheer him in support of his announcement," reads the June 12 email, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter. "We understand this is not a traditional 'background job,' but we believe acting comes in all forms and this is inclusive of that school of thought."

The pay was listed as $50 for less than three hours of work. According to the email, Extra Mile was reaching out to potential extras in partnership with Gotham Government Relations and Communications, a New York-Based political consulting group that has worked with Trump in the past. Gotham GR had no comment.

Questions as to whether the Trump campaign had hired extras were first raised Wednesday by anti-Trump activist Angelo Carusone, who came across an Instagram photo showing a man he recognized as a background actor posing at the Trump event. Carusone screengrabbed the photo of the actor, Domenico Del Giacco, and published it in a blog post. The photo shows Del Giacco with a woman, identified in the now-deleted Instagram post as actress Courtney Klotz. (Del Giacco has since deleted his entire Instagram account.)

Asked if Trump paid anyone to attend the event, campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said "no," and that he had never heard of Extra Mile or Gotham GR.

Del Giacco and Klotz did not respond to a request for comment.
please lord, I don't ask for much, ...please let the donald make to the fox debates :pray02:

·
12,900 Posts
I think he'll rebuild the USA. Right now USA does not need another politician. He doesn't care about war. He cares about the economy. I think it would be very interesting. If I had my choice I'd nominate Warren Buffet. :)

I'm not convinced on Hillary.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think he'll rebuild the USA. Right now USA does not need another politician. He doesn't care about war. He cares about the economy. I think it would be very interesting. If I had my choice I'd nominate Warren Buffet. :)

I'm not convinced on Hillary.
The Donald has a "secret plan guaranteed to defeat ISIS" but he won't reveal it until we elect him president. what a great American :hug:

since that pinko commie *** Niel young won't let The Donald use his song seth myers got him a new one.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My monies on Trump. Surging in the polls already!
Not being American, you might not realize that those polls are of rightwing republican primary voters only. Possibly the least intelligent form of humanity on Earth.:thumb02:

Univision

Televisa

Farouk Systems

NBCUniversal

Macy’s

These are the companies that have fired The Donald so far. By the time he's through running for pres, the billionaire might be a dirt poor millionaire.

·
Premium Member
5,331 Posts
Not being American, you might not realize that those polls are of rightwing republican primary voters only. Possibly the least intelligent form of humanity on Earth.:thumb02:

Univision

Televisa

Farouk Systems

NBCUniversal

Macy’s

These are the companies that have fired The Donald so far. By the time he's through running for pres, the billionaire might be a dirt poor millionaire.
The TV deals are peanuts for Trump, the apprentice was constantly dropping ever year anyway so there was probably one more season left. Macys, not sure what he had there his shirts maybe? Thats stuff is small change I think compared to his real estate and golf courses he's building everywhere.

I think if its the choice between a Bush and Trump, Trump wins. Those people you mention above would be voting for Bush otherwise probably! The hard one is if he can beat Hilldog. That would be a surprise, and fantastic entertainment!

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Not sure if oldfan is serious with this topic, US politics don't really interest me as well, so I can't judge the candidates etc, but honestly, would it be that much worse or even different if he won the election? Hard to imagine a president making drastic differences and changes in his run in general, would it really be that much worse or even different? At least it's something new and a guy that probably will stick to his standards and principles, considering he already has a house full of cash.

1 - 20 of 3128 Posts