Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

how is it goin down

• silva out striking and putting chael to bed?

Votes: 124 71.7%
  • chael humbling silva with some GNP?

Votes: 49 28.3%
1 - 20 of 1247 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could Chael Sonnen actually be the fan favorite?

Think about it if I told you 3 months ago that Chael Sonnen was probably gonna fight Anderson Silva and be the crowd favorite you would have laughed but it looks like it could happen.

Reactions: xRoxaz

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
the issue i have in him is can he back up the trash talking. If he does step in and gets killed by anderson silva then what. I'm tired of Dana beating around the bush and not giving anderson someone who can beat him. In theory sonnen has the tools but would be a heavy underdog. Dana should give Anderson a real fan favorite GSP.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
So when Andy brutalizes him and the crowd goes nuts for Silva is Chael still the fan favorite? Really this entire thing is silly it is Leites all over again and the bandwagon will be overflowing yet again after Andy rapes and pillages the UFC some more. Do people not remember the Forrest fight? The big hero Forrest comes out to fight Darth Maul and gets decapitated and Silva is the hero and Forrest is the asshole who everyone hates. Then a month passes and none of it matters.

·
Registered
742 Posts
So when Andy brutalizes him and the crowd goes nuts for Silva is Chael still the fan favorite? Really this entire thing is silly it is Leites all over again and the bandwagon will be overflowing yet again after Andy rapes and pillages the UFC some more. Do people not remember the Forrest fight? The big hero Forrest comes out to fight Darth Maul and gets decapitated and Silva is the hero and Forrest is the asshole who everyone hates. Then a month passes and none of it matters.
yup exactly, he isn't fighting Chael anyway it's a waste of a fight

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,815 Posts
Think about it if I told you 3 months ago that Chael Sonnen was probably gonna fight Anderson Silva and be the crowd favorite you would have laughed but it looks like it could happen.
Life's funny ain't it? who ever thought frankie edgar really was the answer?

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
If Chael Sonnen (R) beats Silva's ass I will be firmly and proudly attached to his nuts no matter what he does after that, I kind of like him anyway. He doesn't say fake shit and he always says what's on his mind. As long as he keeps that mindset if he loses I will like him. I only don't like trash talking if guys talk and then get their ass kicked and suddenly try to be nice, I can't stand that. If Chael (R) keeps talking even after a loss, I will like him way more then I do now.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Man, whoever Anderson fights next will be the fan favourite - even Chanel Sonnen. Holy sh*t what has happened.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
LOL I really am a big fan of Chael Sonnen because of his straight forward personality, cleverness, and fighting ability. I mean like him or hate him you are wrong if you can't admit the guy has a good sense of humor. And Okami and Marquardt destroyed...yep I would say he's on a "roll" There really isn't anything to dislike about this guy unless you don't like politics to enter the picture which is a valid reason. doesn't bother me.

I will be rooting for Sonnen over Silva but I was before tonights shennanigans.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I thought Chael Sonnen has been the fan favorite for quite some time? Then again, I am a nut hugger. Could just be me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
This is going to go just like the Forrest Griffin fight, which the UFC announced it only a couple of weeks after the Leites. I'm sure in the next couple of weeks we'll hear about Sonnen/Silva, then Sonnen will start running his mouth and nobody will be talking about Silva/Maia anymore. Then everyone will be rooting for Sonnen when the fight starts, Anderson will destroy him within two rounds, and we'll be back where we started.

·
Registered
603 Posts
no, but as a politician he'd make a good minister of defence

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
It's true. I bet the hate for Silva is seething at this point.

·
Registered
773 Posts
at least sonnen wont be intimidated by that fancy crap that lacks substance thrown in amongst silva's actual fight.

Sonnen may come across as a smug git but he is probably the most intelligent fighter out there. I for one am on the chael sonnen bandwagon

·
Banned
0 Posts

This is true...and Anderson will **** Chael, I dont think we will hear as much yapping from Chael now either.....

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
No because some of us have simply had enough. Not all of us are fickle fans that only want to see constant knockouts. I wanna see my faverite fighters win, and since Andy lost me as a fan, I won't be cheering for him ever again unless he fights someone I hate even more.

It isn't like I suddenly started hating the gay. He has slowly worn me down into hating him. It took three completely ridiculous perfomances but he managed to make me hate him. And trust me, I used to love the guy. I hate Rich Franklin. nuff said.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is true...and Anderson will **** Chael, I dont think we will hear as much yapping from Chael now either.....
I will bet you that Anderson does not **** Sonnen. He may get a flash knock out or even manage to get a sub but I will bet you that Sonnen dominates the entire fight till he either gets caught or wins a decision.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I will bet you that Anderson does not **** Sonnen. He may get a flash knock out or even manage to get a sub but I will bet you that Sonnen dominates the entire fight till he either gets caught or wins a decision.

Sig bet....and your stepping this time????:confused02:

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your on. Sonnen is gonna shoot all night long and he will take Anderson down.

·
Registered
639 Posts
x2. I think Sonnen has the best ability out of anyone at MW to beat Silva. I do not think Silva will stuff a takedown. If Sonnen can eat a knee on the way in and not get knocked out, it is going to be some vicious GnP coming for Silva.

1 - 20 of 1247 Posts