Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pumped for UFC 115 and 116 more than I am 114 now that they have all of 115 announced and 116 has 10 fight with all main card fights announced.

I mean I have heard a lot of hate for 115 but I really like the card.

Liddell vs Franklin should be at least a good standup war I mean what are the chances this hits the ground plus I am a real big Rich fan so to see him pick up a big W will be good.
Barry vs Cro Cop is another fight I see being a real good standup war and dont know why but Barry with his story of his last fight and the intrigue if we will see the old Cro Cop really makes this a good fight.
Thiago vs Kampmann a fight that could be hit or miss as I am not a big Thiago fan he bores me but I do like Kampmann but a W for Thiago puts him behind Alves,and Fitch IMO.
Yvel vs Rothwell this really just seems to be on the card bc the UFC thinks these 2 HW's will have a good scrap and probable KO but this fight being on the main card and kicking off the fight it did pisses me off
Condit vs MacDonald another good WW fight have heard good things about MacDonald in one of the latest FIGHT magz but really just hope he smashes Condit as I am not a fan of Condit cant put my fingers on why just dont like him.

And then getting Griffin vs Dunham and Wiman vs Danzig on the Spike Prelims two fights I would much rather see on the main card than Yvel vs Rothwell.And for some reason I think Dunham vs Griffin will be the best fight of the night and a FOTY canidate.

Now if nobody knew they have all 5 main card fights for 116 announced and this really has me excited.

Carwin vs Lesnar do I really need to say why I love this fight.Silva vs Akiyama this will be a stand up war and fireworks one night early Wanderlei wanted this fight and we finally get it, now I agree is it good enough for a Co Main Event not really but Wanderlei has a big enough name to make it Co Main Event plus their both coming of big W's.Lytle vs Brown this fight had a lot of people talking when it was announced and thank goodness they put it on the maincard bc it needs to be seen 2 always exciting fighters and it will be no different.Krzystof vs Bonnar was a good fight until it was stopped and I think we get another good one on the 3rd but Bonnar with a L is gone I think.Pellegrino vs Sotiropoulos is a great matchup two good BJJ guys and if you love BJJ this is ur fight I kind of think this is a step down for George but Pellegrino offers better ground skills than Joe Daddy man I love a good ground fight and this will be just that.

Plus Grove vs Reljic and Kelly vs Volkmann the 2 fights I think should be the prelims but I think the Schaub fight will be on it.Maybe its just me but this card goes 7 deep and 115 goes 7 deep as well.And honestly with the Forrest/Lil Nog fight be cancelled I really think it hurt the card for 114.

·
Registered
816 Posts
116 yes 115 no

116 >> 114 >> 115

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know why I just am not feeling the 114 card that much anymore maybe its my dislike of Bisping and him now being in the CO Main Event along with Lil Nog fighting someone I have never heard of and I huge step down from Luiz Cane

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
I don't think the 114 hype is for the whole ppv. Its all for Rampage vs Evans. People have wanted to see this one since before TUF 10. Finally its happening and it can all be put to rest, and this fight shows who is the next top contender at LHW.

However, I completely agree that the full cards for 115 and 116 look rediculously good compared to what they could have been. I look forward to begging God for old Liddell to come back and being totally torn between Franklin and Liddell on who to root for.

Excited to see Carwin fight Lesnar, excited to see anyone with the potential to beat him fighting Lesnar!

All in all you've shown that there are some sick cards coming up in the next few months. I know I'm excited!:thumb02:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really my huge love for 115 comes from Barry vs Cro Cop the debut of MacDonald and Dunham vs Griffin that fight really has me excited a huge fan of Tyson and really impressed with Dunham and how he dominated Efrain.And I just am worried now with Page vs Rashad I mean it could be a LnP clinic or Page might gas I really dont think we will get the slugfest people are expecting I do know I wanna see whoever wins gets tore apart by Shogun tho

·
Banned
820 Posts
I look at 115, and see that it is a bunch of has-beens. I mean there are the new younger fighters, but there is alot there that really does not matter. I am not hateing on the fighters. Just saying that most of them will not be in contender talks.

Now, 116 looks better. The names, and the fights just look more entertaining.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know 115 is alot of has beens I really think Franklin isnt done I mean he has only lost to Hendo (a fight I thought he won),Silva,and Belfort I mean these guys arent really chumps.I just think Franklin vs Liddell is a good fight style wise and its 10 times better than Tito vs Chuck.And I know its alot of has beens but really theirs not a fight that looks boring on it and Thiago with a W puts hisself with Alves and Fitch in the top tier of UFC Welterweights.

·
Homicidal Maniac
6,197 Posts
I'm not too excited for any of the cards to be honest, i don't like stand up fighting all that much and 99% of the fights i think that is all it will be, I'm miss the days when every card had at least a couple guys that loved the submission game. there is certain fights I'm still looking forward too like Rampage vs Evans (I really want rampage to win)and chuck and franklin (really don't want either to lose) I was really looking forward to the Bonnar fight for i always like seeing him in the octagon

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you love ground fights I could maybe see Kampmann vs Thiago at least having some good ground fighting along with Dunham vs Griffin that fight could have everything from standup to good ground work.But Pellegrino vs Sotiropoulos is one of the fights I am most pumped for this summer and it looks like its gonna be a BJJ clinic

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I think overall 114 is the most interesting card. 115 looks great except for the main event, while 116 has a great main event but not much more than that. I mean I love Wandy but it hurts to watch him fight now because he's not the same fighter anymore.

·
Homicidal Maniac
6,197 Posts
If you love ground fights I could maybe see Kampmann vs Thiago at least having some good ground fighting along with Dunham vs Griffin that fight could have everything from standup to good ground work.But Pellegrino vs Sotiropoulos is one of the fights I am most pumped for this summer and it looks like its gonna be a BJJ clinic
agree on bold part,

the other fights you mentioned i see hitting the ground but i see the fight when they get there as being more a wrestling GnP session and not so much a sub chess match.

with all this being said about me not really excited for any of the cards leaves me room to be impressed which i like also

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I mean maybe I am just easily satisfied as Dunham vs Griffin,Brown vs Lytle,Kryzstof vs Bonnar,Akiyama vs Silva,GS vs KP,Cro Cop vs Barry all look good.And I am super pumped for Dunham vs Griffin thats kind of why I made this is to see if anybody was pumped as much as me for this fight and honestly looking at the rumored card for 117 these 2 excite me way more

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
So tired of this "theres no contenders" bullshit. Not every single fight has to be for a title or for no 1 contendership. Franklin vs Liddell can easily be a very exciting fight, which is what you should care about. Most every single fight from both of these guys has been awesome, theres no reason not to be excited for it. Making the "no title picture" argument is just as bad as being a fairweather fan. If thats the way you see it then only watch the superbowl, the world series, etc. Stupid, really.

I'm very excited for 115 and 116, will be watching both.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agreed I buy a ppv to see good fights and both of these card are loaded with good exciting fights.what one fight on the cards that I metioned look like their gonna be bad.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I wouldn't get TOO excited for this one imo. Pellegrino tends to get really sloppy, and Sotiropolis looks as sharp as ever and at the top of his game. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he finished Batman.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I have been a fan of George saw him on 2 prelims and then his domination of Joe Daddy made me a beleiver if his striking gets even close to his BJJ he is gonna be an aminal.And while we are on UFC 115 is anybody pumped for Dunham vs Griffin as much as I am.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
The mainevent for 114 shits all over every other fight on those cards for me. I don't really care about Lesnar/Carwin I have no rooting interest there and does anyone give a **** about Franklin/Chuck. 116 has a ridiculously deep card but 115 has a bunch of fights I'd like to watch but wouldn't pay to see.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts