Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys hows it goin! ok well im 20 years old and 5,9 155 pounds and i would like to take up kick boxing, basicly im fed up of being a weaklin i wanna be able to stick up for my self when the time comes, i was in another forum and i got alot of negertive comments! so what do you guys think? im not saying i wanna be in the ufc lol i just wanna be abl to look after my self and i do find martial arts interesting!

thanx

·
Registered
38 Posts
Why kick boxing? But i am 24 and would love to take up jj and boxing but i have already had back surgery so i not going to push it.But go for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i live in like a town and the only 2 options are kick boxing or kartie i dunno which 1 u think ?

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
2,458 Posts
j450n said:
hi guys hows it goin! ok well im 20 years old and 5,9 155 pounds and i would like to take up kick boxing, basicly im fed up of being a weaklin i wanna be able to stick up for my self when the time comes, i was in another forum and i got alot of negertive comments! so what do you guys think? im not saying i wanna be in the ufc lol i just wanna be abl to look after my self and i do find martial arts interesting!

thanx
age means nothin bro.... you see 65 year olds running around tryin to get in shape that probably just started running last year... meaning you are never to old to improve your physcial health

its good that your actually trying to take action on sometihin you want to do.. and think you may enjoy... Kick Boxing would be a great start.. then try to expand your horizons... try kick boxing for a year or so.. then try somethin else.. if you are 20 i assume you must drive so you can travel to other places to train and try new styles of fighting.. until you find what you are comfterable doing...

i know a kid who drives 1hr n 10 mins everyday just to train Muay Thai...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Organik said:
age means nothin bro.... you see 65 year olds running around tryin to get in shape that probably just started running last year... meaning you are never to old to improve your physcial health

its good that your actually trying to take action on sometihin you want to do.. and think you may enjoy... Kick Boxing would be a great start.. then try to expand your horizons... try kick boxing for a year or so.. then try somethin else.. if you are 20 i assume you must drive so you can travel to other places to train and try new styles of fighting.. until you find what you are comfterable doing...

i know a kid who drives 1hr n 10 mins everyday just to train Muay Thai...
thanks for the advice mate! i will defo gove it a go then, do u study any arts at the min? and your mate must be very dedicated!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Definitely go for it. I train 3 times a week in Hapkido and once a week in Chito Ryu Karate and I'm 49. Mind you I'm older than most of the Senseis and the average age in my Hapkido class is probably 28 or so but I love it and it keeps me in great shape.The Hapkido classes are strictly for adults but I have both my son and daughter taking Karate with me. You are never too old to keep in shape.

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
kickboxing great man. u make friends with people at the club and then people come who know other stuff like BJJ and they teach u. go for it man im at a gym and theres a guy who is 44 and is going for his first real kickboxing match

·
Registered
63 Posts
Organik said:
age means nothin bro.... you see 65 year olds running around tryin to get in shape that probably just started running last year... meaning you are never to old to improve your physcial health.

Well said Organik. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts