Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel that the UFC should have a specific event as a loss leader.

I think if in september they should tour campuses and put on an event at a reduced price. Also match up fighters based on their alma maters and play on school rivalries.

This would do two things:

1) It will get students interested in veiwing MMA. Thus increasing buy rates in the future.

2) It will get students interested in competing in MMA. Thus increasing the talent pool.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Do you really think the schools have enough and high enough level of competition to make this work?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it would need some tweeking no doubt about that!
Yeah I believe so,

After researching the big american fighters.

To lower cost have one or two fights to headline the events, then sign local talent to single contracts.

Do things such as scout the wrestling teams and have a print advertisement targeting anyone with martial arts experience.

If you can get several people from two big school you can have fights based on rivalries.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Well if nothing else we can throw two nobody fighters into the Octagon and have them bash!
Thats fine for small town nobody shows but not for the elite brand that epitomizes the pinnacle of the sport.

·
On a Rampage
1,845 Posts
Then a smaller promotion needs to come up that specializes in this kind've stuff!
Look there are plenty of bars where guys go in and can fight in a little cage tournament. This is not what mma is about. This kind've amateur crap is what the UFC is trying to get away from. It is not just two guys who don't know what they're doing trying to beat each other up. It's a real sport that requires years of training.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.