Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS is so tough to figure out sometimes he seems so humble and honest like GSP and Randy Couture other times he seems so cocky and arrogant like when he said there is nothing special to GSP skills.

Also on an off point - does he like Wandy or not, one time ill here him say Wandy is not that good other times u see him back up wandy and support him like the support clip before wandy fought bisping.

Anyways I dont follow him too much as hes not one of my fav fighters, but do any big AS fans got any interviews or comments on him?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with that quote about GSP. Do you have a link or anything? I'm not doubting you but I just really have never heard about that before.

And as far as I see it, regardless of what you call it, AS can say whatever the hell he wants. The guy deserves to be arrogant at this point, though we as fans usually would prefer our Champs to be humble and respectful. I think AS is a good example of the latter but I think there are times when he can come across as very cocky but this usually comes up when he's talking about a fighter or person he really doesn't like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anderson Silva is much like Georges St. Pierre. He is humble and respectful of his opponents, training partners, etc. But Anderson Silva (just like GSP with Hardy) has a limit and if someone is talking shit about him well then AS fires right back. At that point is when he might come off as being cocky. With that said...He is the P4P KING! If i was him i would belittle everyone! hahaha

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Anderson is hardly arrogant. He's the most feared wrecking machine in the UFC, has wiped out every top middleweight put in front of him, KOd a couple of light heavyweights etc and the most we get out of him is him not giving specific credit to other fighters.

I'd really like to be able to understand Portugease to hear exactly what was asked and said. You've got to remember that from Soares asking, Anderson answering and then Soares answering for him things might get muddled slightly. It's feasible that he meant something slightly different, that no one special attribute makes one better than the other, or something.

It does seem a bit strange that he'd sit there and just say there's nothing special about two obviously special fighters though lol.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Anderson is hardly arrogant. He's the most feared wrecking machine in the UFC, has wiped out every top middleweight put in front of him, KOd a couple of light heavyweights etc and the most we get out of him is him not giving specific credit to other fighters.

I'd really like to be able to understand Portugease to hear exactly what was asked and said. You've got to remember that from Soares asking, Anderson answering and then Soares answering for him things might get muddled slightly. It's feasible that he meant something slightly different, that no one special attribute makes one better than the other, or something.

It does seem a bit strange that he'd sit there and just say there's nothing special about two obviously special fighters though lol.
Lets ignore the fact that Sores does not alwayIs translate. After he beat Leites is was heavily publicized that Anderson actually said something along the lines of I fought an won and I don't care what the fans think. Soares translation went something like I apologize that the fight was not more exciting. Anderson Silva is an arrogant ass, blah blah blah. "He is not speaking english he must be so humble." What a load of crap.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
A little bit of both. He's good enough to where he can get away with being a tad arrogant. He doesn't mind showing off, and when you're that great, you can do that sort of stuff.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
i always thought his body language and demeanor spoke volumes.

he is arrogant, its easier to tell that way then words, esp when you dont understand the words.

·
Banned
670 Posts
He can say anything he wants cause it does not matter he still wins. He walks the walk. And I don't buy this GSP is so humble stuff, seems like a phony. The only top 5 fighter I find legitimately humble is Fedor, and Machida some too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I met Anderson Silva at "The Palms" in Vegas. It was right after the weigh in's for Silva vs. Irvin and he was really cool and personable! It was just him and his group/trainers at the buffet.

I was gonna say hey to Jake O'brian but he walked by with a look to kill. Next day he lost, haha!

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
*Nice pic* :thumbsup:

No denying Anderson`s talent, though I personally can't stand the guy. I used to think he was a great guy/humble fighter, though as time has gone on it's slowly become clear to me, the kind of arrogance he carries himself with. I can't stand him, and I think more ppl will eventually see it.

I now desperately cheer against they guy every time he fights...

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of Anderson. But the Dude is an assasian. He will kick your ass anywhere the fight goes and he's proved it. I can't remember the last time he's lost. Sometime back in Pride F/C

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
No denying Anderson`s talent, though I personally can't stand the guy. I used to think he was a great guy/humble fighter, though as time has gone on it's slowly become clear to me, the kind of arrogance he carries himself with. I can't stand him, and I think more ppl will eventually see it.

I now desperately cheer against they guy every time he fights...
This pretty much sums up how I feel about the guy. Great fighter, but he is arrogant.

And when he said Machida won all 5 rounds vs Shogun that is when I started not to like him.

·
Banned
525 Posts
He's honest. Sometimes it comes across as arrogant. So what? He is the sports best Middleweight. He's earned the right to be cocky, arrogant, whatever. At least he's not Chael Sonnen. Arrogant and douchebaggish without anything backing it up.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I say he's honest....he's confident, as he should be, he's the p4p best, and there's no questioning it....he's not arragant anuff for how good he is imo, i'd be shitting on dudes left and right if i was him, as i'm sure most people here would be if they had the same skill.

its not being cocky, if you back it up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I personally like GSP more but I would def rank AS higher than GSP. IMO I think AS is second only to Fedor that being said Fedor is very humble which AS doesnt seem to be but I do not follow AS religiously. I did hear him once say eventually someone will knock him out but arrogantly could not figure out who could.

The guy is amazing to watch and def is one of the all time greats but something bout him erks me the wrong way.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts