Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
'What did Dana White say to you in Abu Dhabi press conference'
"Anderson, I love you."

LOL

Haha, awesome interview...nice to see a bit more of Anderson's personality.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't work the guy out, he says he's humble and acts like a nice guy, but there's always a hint of arrogance and he treated Demian Maia like he was a piece of crap off his shoe.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I can't work the guy out, he says he's humble and acts like a nice guy, but there's always a hint of arrogance and he treated Demian Maia like he was a piece of crap off his shoe.
He acts like a little kid. I think he understands that Chael is just a loud mouth moron who says a bunch of stupid shit so none of it means anything to him. Maia doesn't do that so maybe that is why he took that stuff to heart a lot more.

I love how people seem to think you are either respectful or arrogant that isn't how human beings work no one is all virtue or all bad they are a combination. People need to stop acting like human beings aren't allowed to have emotions that aren't pleasant to them.

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
Man, I can't understand this.. Chael is the cockyest sob in the ufc, but damn I like him, and could even be cheering for him @ fight night. Anderson doesn't come off that cocky, but still he has somekind of unusual arrogance which I find... well weird and not so likeable. And does he really think Chael hasn't got anything to bring to the table?

Anyways, I completely lost it at the end of the interview, when he put the action figure on the mic and then started dancing.. lmao :D

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Im bothered by people who follow Sonnen about AS speaking English. Then people run around complaining about it.

-Its easier to express your mind in your native language
-I dont think his English is thaaat good that he feels even comfortable speaking portugeese.
-The only thing he owns for the fans is to fight.
-Other Brazilians try to speak English and fail hard
'i wanna **** chuck', 'AO is too much cock' its still funny.

Great interview, he is funny and I am glad he doesnt trash talking with Sonnen.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He acts like a little kid. I think he understands that Chael is just a loud mouth moron who says a bunch of stupid shit so none of it means anything to him. Maia doesn't do that so maybe that is why he took that stuff to heart a lot more.

I love how people seem to think you are either respectful or arrogant that isn't how human beings work no one is all virtue or all bad they are a combination. People need to stop acting like human beings aren't allowed to have emotions that aren't pleasant to them.
He's allowed to act and do as he pleases, and I'm allowed to either like him or dislike him for it.

Going by your logic, should I just like everyone?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Anderson reminds me of a Anime character, with hes very cheesy and over the top expressions. But he actualy fights like a Anime character so its all good.
Lmao both Anderson and Machida are straight from anime haha Machida is like Ryu from streetfighter he's half japanese and Brazilian just like him and there resemblance is almost identical.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I can't help but love Anderson Silva. I was disappointed watching him against Maia, but I still can't wait to see him step back in against Sonnen, as you just don't know what he's going to do. If Silva turns up and fights as he can then it's going to be magnificent to watch. His fight against Forrest was just incredible, it was like watching a super-hero. He's such a cool guy, and appears so relaxed that it's impossible for me to dislike him.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
You're right, but he cracks me up. When you're the elite of the elite there is a confidence that exudes that only someone at the top understands.

Michael Jordan (talked trash to all his opponent but also thrashed em on the courts.)
Muhamad Ali
Roger Federer
Alex Rodriguez
Tiger Woods
Kobe Bryant

They all have a sense of hubris and show it in their own way. It's all good though cuz he's a once in a generation type of fighter that entertains the hell out of me!

Chael...Chael...what have you done...

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
He's allowed to act and do as he pleases, and I'm allowed to either like him or dislike him for it.

Going by your logic, should I just like everyone?
A logic that was never presented. Not really surprising though from someone who can't come to terms with or understand a person doing both good and bad things at different moments in their life. You are allowed to like or dislike whoever you want but your reasoning is irrational and would mean you can't like anyone since no one is 100% virtuous every moment of their life. MLK was a dick some of the time that doesn't invalidate the rest of his life. You are setting an impossible standard.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
wow if anderson wasnt married with children I would've thought he was a flaming ****, he is so camp in this interview

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.