Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Do you Like or Dislike Anderson

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the thread title says.....do you like the guy or not.....personally I like him and dont have an issue with the fight, but thats just me.....

This is dominating the boards so lets see the general opinion based off a poll.....

·
'England Elite'
5,028 Posts
Just like you coldcall, i like him and dont really have an issue with the fight. Shit happens.

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Voted like him, love watching him fight, think he is p4p king when he actually wants to fight and despite his asshole-ish antics last night haven't really had any reason to dislike him. Rather annoyed with him after last night but not basing an opinion of someone on what could be argued was just a lapse in judgement.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I thought the fight last night was awesome for the first 2 rounds. I'm okay with taunting, I like it more than trash talking because when you're taunting the opponent is right in your fact... whereas trash talking is just behind the back crap.

I'm not a fan of how the fight ended, but I honestly think Silva got his adrenaline going and just crashed... he showed everyone that he is in fact human... unfortunately for Maia he was not the man to capitalize on it.

All this aside, I still consider Anderson my favorite fighter by far, and in the grand scheme of things, this fight will mean next to nothing.

The bottom line is, he needs to step up in weight if he is truly that bored with his competition.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I still like him, I just think that he has a strong feeling towards fighters who shouldnt be in there with him. Ali is known as one of the greatest boxers in history and yet he danced and showboated more then Silva has ever done, he did it in practically every fight he was in.

rule #1 in picing opponents for Silva

Do not pick any BJJ fighters unless they are well rounded and have a good enough striking game not to be scared of him.

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts
I for one dislike the guy strongly, I still rate him as the P4P king, but as a person I have little respect for Anderson.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I cannot stand him anymore. No doubt he is a class above the rest, but he is nothing but a disrespectful clown. He clearly could have knocked out Maia in the first minute...instead he prances around taunting him, acting like a goof, and doing everything in his power to avoid actually fighting. As far as I am concerned if he is willing to do that when he makes big dollars to fight, and fans pay to see him fight the UFC should prove a point and cut him. Sure it would send him to strikeforce, but if you need to force him to actually fight who cares.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Where it the hated him for along time option?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Some of his post fight comments have been bugging me ever since, but I still loved to see him fight. Since he's not fighting anymore there's nothing left to like. And I just can't respect a guy who doesn't respect his opponent.

·
CoutureCop
6,091 Posts
I'm done rooting for him. He disrespects the fans by coasting for 2.5 rounds. I had no problem with his antics in the first 2.5 rounds, but his coasting, especially round 4 in which he did almost nothing, was completely unnacceptable.

What a tool. Sonnen is still a tool, but I wouldn't be too upset if beat up Silva. On that same note, I wouldn't be too upset if Silva beat the crap out of Sonnen. I guess that is going to be a fight between two people I dislike.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I still like him. I could have done without some of the taunting but the fact remains that Silva embarrasses top fighters. He doesn't just beat them, he makes them look like they just walked in off the street. To me, last night was just more evidence of just how far above he is then almost anyone else in the UFC. He toyed with Maia and pretty much hit and kicked him at will. He could have finished it but like someone else mentioned in another thread it was almost like he was so superior he just didn't even bother, like it wasn't even worth his time.

I give credit to Maia for at least trying to fight unlike Leites but I don't give him to much credit. Those take down attempts were pretty awefull. But that's the problem with giving Anderson BJJ guys to fight. The biggest weakness of BJJ fighters is always the stand up and take down game, which is strange because you'd think more BJJ guys would be able to execute proper take downs seeing as how they want the fight on the ground.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I still like him. I could have done without some of the taunting but the fact remains that Silva embarrasses top fighters. He doesn't just beat them, he makes them look like they just walked in off the street. To me, last night was just more evidence of just how far above he is then almost anyone else in the UFC. He toyed with Maia and pretty much hit and kicked him at will. He could have finished it but like someone else mentioned in another thread it was almost like he was so superior he just didn't even bother, like it wasn't even worth his time.

I give credit to Maia for at least trying to fight unlike Leites but I don't give him to much credit. Those take down attempts were pretty awefull. But that's the problem with giving Anderson BJJ guys to fight. The biggest weakness of BJJ fighters is always the stand up and take down game, which is strange because you'd think more BJJ guys would be able to execute proper take downs seeing as how they want the fight on the ground.
Maia actually has really good takedowns. Except for Silva he has taken down every opponent of his and he even slammed Sonnen big time. He just couldn't get a hold of Anderson.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Maia actually has really good takedowns. Except for Silva he has taken down every opponent of his and he even slammed Sonnen big time. He just couldn't get a hold of Anderson.
The only other guy he's fought with adequate stand up is Nate Marguadt, and we know how that turn out. It's one thing to grapple with guys that have crappy stand up that are wiling to grapple with you like Sonnen, Herman, Miller, McDonald etc. It's quite another to take someone down that won't clinch / grapple with you and has lethal stand up.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Dislike wouldn't be the word to describe how I feel about Anderson. I would go out and celebrate if I heard his plane crashed. I think intense Hatred should be an option on the poll.

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
I lost respect for him after the Letis fight. Now I just want to see him lose. I want Sonnen to win any way possible. I don't care if he has to hold him down for 5 rounds and dry hump him I want Silva to lose. All I wanted last ngiht was a yellow card system.

After that so many people turned their back on him, i started to like the guy
So you're one of those people that goes against the grain for the sake of going against it? that's cool...

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Dislike wouldn't be the word to describe how I feel about Anderson. I would go out and celebrate if I heard his plane crashed. I think intense Hatred should be an option on the poll.
Bases on your past around here I'm going to assume that this comment is bases on emotion and adrenaline... cause I know you're a better person than to wish that on anyone.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
All I wanted last ngiht was a yellow card system.
I was thinking this halfway into round 1 already. It's obvious the 10-9 must system has to go. I know it's not going to happen so at least give us a yellow card system, dear NSAC. It makes things so much easier. No more lay and pray, no more fighters running from their opponent (although that only happens every six months). You know, it doesn't have to be yellow cards. A point deduction would do the trick.

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
I wish I was a sniper in that arena. I would have shot Anderson in his balls (if he had any).

1 - 20 of 106 Posts