Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, two things if this match were to happen! If this title match were to happen what would babyface need to do to beat Anderson Silva? Also, if this were to happen, should this title fight be on free t.v. since its obvious that nobody would pay $40.00 to see it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
baby face would have to take a sledge hammer with him if he were to fight AS.

i would not pay $40 to see this PPV, uunless they had some awesome under cards

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think this PPV would be a double main event. Like UFC 65 is (St. Pierre vs Hughes & Monson vs Sylvia) because as you said, obviously no one would buy the PPV just for this main event unless there were some seriously awesome undercard matches.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Anderson Silva vs. Edwin Dewees. Dewees would get killed in there. I like him and all but he just wouldn't have that good of a chance at all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
cooley said:

thats funny...when I saw the thread the 1st thing I thought of was a ball bat or a gun...LOL

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Let me speak logically for a second, and pretend like Edwin has a chance in hell at beating Anderson.

1) Edwin would need to get around Anderson's hands, elbows, knees and kicks, in order to keep from getting KTFO'd.

2) Edwin would need to take this fight to the ground. A standard double leg would never do this, he would have to catch Anderson with a really good judo throw and put Silva on his back.

3) Edwin would need to get out of full guard, which would require alot more skill and strength than I think he has. He would have to land some strikes that rock Anderson hard enough so that he forgets the part where he's a BJJ black belt.

4) Edwin would have to sink in a wicked leg lock, because he's never going to catch Anderson in an armbar or a triangle, and the chances of him getting Anderson's back are like impossible.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
cooley said:

Yeah, I am pretty sure we aren't getting title shots for free, but who knows.
The undercards would have to be AMAZING to make me pay for it.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
NOLA_JACK said:
No shit, he would be bleeding more than the first fight on TUF 4
No doubt. Theres lots of speculation as to who could stand a chance with him. I don't really think anybody could at this point. I still think Nate Marquardt wouldn't be that bad of a matchup for him. All in all he may never get beat until UFC ups its middleweight division.

·
Registered
336 Posts
NOLA_JACK said:
Do you think anderson, if he picked up the weight, would beat wandy? Silva V Silva? Be interesting to hear the commentary

The answer is no, unfortanately... Wanderlei is probably 2-3rd best in the World in Muy Thai and especially his ferocious Knees/Clinch/ and his Wild Punches that would knock Andersons head off... basically think about it this way, if Anderson were to fight Crocop (#1 Muy Thai Fighter), he would get his head Kicked off of course, but do u think he would be able to last 20mins Like how Wanderlei did in his 1st Fight with Crocop.. HELL NO

back on topic Edwin Dewees, i cannot see him even Touching Silva.. if they standup, its going to be over, if they go to the Ground, its also going to be over. regardless he's just Outclassed, like 99% of the MW in UFC as compared to SILVA

·
Registered
103 Posts
Silva vs. Silva is an interesting topic. It would be an interesting fight considering they both come of Vale Tudo and Anderson was part of Chute Boxe before he left to his current team.

All I know is a Silva's hand will be raised at the end. I give it to Wandei because he fights so savage.

·
Registered
378 Posts
silva vs silva

If i may throw a wrench into the idea that wandy would train wreck anderson if he beefed up. I believe that yes, WS is more of a maniac and crazy in the ring, but Anderson is the better puncher and more accurate of the two. They used to train together so it would be good to say it would be close to call. But if Vitor Belfore could catch WS with quick hard shots for the win, I am sure Anderson Silva could do the same. Not saying its 100 percent either way, but I dont think it would be over so quickly between the two. I would pay for the pay per view for sure! Cro Cop on the other hand...is just amazing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.