Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who Stands a Chance Against Anderson Silva?

• Patrick Cote

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • Edwin Dewees

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Pete Sell

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Travis Lutter

Votes: 10 23.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoever thought Rich Franklin would have gotten destroyed like that against Silva? Chris Leban was one thing but for it to happen to Ace! Tuf 4 middleweight winner will have a bear of a time prying that belt away from Silva! Out of the 4 remaining middleweights, who will most likely stand a chance against Anderson Silva?

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll go with Patrick Cote based on the fact that he went three rounds with Tito Ortiz.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
definitely cote he trains with gsp (or did)

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If Rivera had beaten Cote, I would have said he stood the greatest chance because he has ring experiance with Anderson Silva! Jorge got knockout in the second round of that fight, but he would know what to expect if he fought him for a second time! I know its a moot point now but I thought it be worth mentioning! Here's a video of Jorge fighting Anderson!

YouTube - Anderson Silva vs Jorge Rivera

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
maybe babyface on the ground....

·
Registered
80 Posts
As has been stated before, I don't think any of the TUF4 guys have a real chance. But where the other guys have NO chance, Cote at least has a snowball's chance in Hell.

I was absolutely floored by how easily Silva demolished Franklin.

·
Registered
360 Posts
any of these four guys would get demolished by silva though cote probably has the best chance, this doesnt say much. I agree that lutter, if able to get him to the ground, could give him something perhaps remotely resembling a challenge but i dont think silva will be dethroned for a long time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.