Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
This fight will happen. Just not sure when.........

When this fight statred they showed the fighters stats and I forgot how toung Shogun is. Only 28 years old....... damn he is gonna go down as the LHW GOAT if he keeps this up.....

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
God i wish Silva wasnt already slated to fight Chael Sonnen, that fight is such a waste of time. Shogun should just rest up for now and then fight Silva after he destroys Sonnen without a scratch on him.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I would rather see Shogun take on the winner of Rashad=Rampage at this point. Superfights are meant for people who dominate the division. And I don't think anyone in their right mind can say Silva is the number 1 contender at LHW at this point. If Anderson wants to fight Shogun for the belt he has to go up to LHW and beat a top contender.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I'd love to see the Sonnen fight canceled and Silva-Shogun setup instead. Silva will be pumped up to avenge Machida and Shogun should be able to fight in 3 months.

I would rather see Shogun take on the winner of Rashad=Rampage at this point. Superfights are meant for people who dominate the division. And I don't think anyone in their right mind can say Silva is the number 1 contender at LHW at this point. If Anderson wants to fight Shogun for the belt he has to go up to LHW and beat a top contender.
By the time Anderson did that Machida could possibly be champ again for all we know. This is the best time to get Silva to fight Shogun for the title.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
I think Silva will go for this after seeing his friend and training partner embarrassed like that. Silva picks anyone in the world apart standing though...so the hated figure wont get his...

Love both fighters, dont want them to fight because i wouldnt know who to cheer for haha.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
By the time Anderson did that Machida could possibly be champ again for all we know. This is the best time to get Silva to fight Shogun for the title.
I would just like to see Shogun defend the title once before taking on Silva. RIght now, Shogun-Rampage interests me a lot more than Shogun-Silva.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I would just like to see Shogun defend the title once before taking on Silva. RIght now, Shogun-Rampage interests me a lot more than Shogun-Silva.
I understand and I don't see the UFC doing anything other than what you are hoping for. Well except that Rashad may be the opponent rather than Rampage.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hahaha

no chance, the look on machidas face when he stepped in that cage tonight was a look of complete fear. Shogun will reign. i actually wanna see him vs silva more than gsp cause i know it will be a standup war, against gsp hed be on his back half the time :) . Shogun is such a fckin badass, all of machidas hype didnt faze him one bit. ANDERSON IS NEXT! hes gonna take out all of blackhouse then move up to HW to fight JDS lmao:thumb02:

·
Registered
603 Posts
I think Silva will go for this after seeing his friend and training partner embarrassed like that. Silva picks anyone in the world apart standing though...so the hated figure wont get his...

Love both fighters, dont want them to fight because i wouldnt know who to cheer for haha.
I just thought, if Andy were to fight Shogu, and win, we he not fight Little Nog and Machida?

·
Registered
367 Posts
GSP/Silva makes more sense since both guys have cleaned out their divisions and Shogun hasn't even had the belt for an hour yet, but goddamn do I want to see this fight! I say let Shogun defend against Rampage/Rashad, then if he wins match him up with Anderson (if he wins:sarcastic12:).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.