Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
This is a repost of my reply to another thread:

Silva destroyed him plain and simple. After I saw him fight Leben and saw how coordinated he was I knew it was going to be tough for Franklin.

I bet Franklin has a few broken ribs after those brutal knees.

Basically silva softened him up with brutal knees to the body and when franklins arms dropped he took him apart. The knees to the head were freaking brutal, he didnt stand a chance....His nose was a complete mess

It was extremely one sided. Franklin went out with grace though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like Franklin but everyone now has to watch out for Silva. I feel sorry for the winner of TUF4 now.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Anderson Silva is a beast! I had a feeling this would happen!

·
Registered
794 Posts
with broken ribs u cant fight, same as Bj and matt last fight. When u have had ribs broken u simply cant fight plain and simple.

Anderson is the man......Franklin will get to fight a leben/marquardt next i reckon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow so true. I almost forgot that the winner of Ultimate Fighter would have to face off against Silva if he won. I don't think any of them have a chance against him.....will be interesting to see what happens though! I like Franklin and hope he keeps fighting, but I really want to see what Silva can bring to the UFC.

·
Registered
449 Posts
A friend of mine that has no knowledge of MMA outside of the UFC fighters thought Franklin was going to mow right through Anderson. When I told him Anderson was going to destroy Franklin, he didn't believe me. Now I'm $50 richer :D

Franklin's a great fighter though, don't get me wrong. Anderson is just an animal.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
spearsoldier said:
This is the best because now we have a Silva as a champion.

Now Pride nuthuggers have to shut the hell up, because A. Silva can actually
strike like a proper person.

Silva>Silva

Please stop with that shit man seriously....other than the sheer ignorance of the arguement of UFC vs. PRIDE, you seem to have forgotten that Anderson is originally from PRIDE, and for whatever reason you think that Anderson can beat the guy that trained him. Just stop man you sound foolish, I've seen some good posts from you, don't taint that reputation by continuing to talk about Pride nuthuggers and UFC nuthuggers.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Shodaddy said:
Yikes, I completely forgot about the TUF4 winner. He's gonna be dogmeat.

They were already dogmeat before the show... fighting franklin or silva would just be there last beating in the UFC...
those guys are a bunch of losers... hence the "comeback" moniker.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
randyspankstito said:
They were already dogmeat before the show... fighting franklin or silva would just be there last beating in the UFC...
those guys are a bunch of losers... hence the "comeback" moniker.
amen to that silva or franklin doesn't matter the tombstone doesnt care either way they would die.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Franklin was pathetic last night. Roy Chonin beat Silva and that was a good fight. Franklin could not even last with Silva. Silva is an excellent fighter, but Franklin was way off. Something is up with him. The fight actually made me stomach sick to watch, because it looked like Franklin was just some unexperienced bum off the street who I really felt pity for, especially with his wife and in-laws watching.

·
Registered
279 Posts
rbunnell said:
Franklin was pathetic last night. Roy Chonin beat Silva and that was a good fight. Franklin could not even last with Silva. Silva is an excellent fighter, but Franklin was way off. Something is up with him. The fight actually made me stomach sick to watch, because it looked like Franklin was just some unexperienced bum off the street who I really felt pity for, especially with his wife and in-laws watching.
Chonin is a good ground fighter. He was better than Silva when they fought. Since then, Silva has done, what other champions usually do and that is to strengthen his areas where he's weak. He's currently training with the Noguiera brothers by whom he earned his current rank in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Franklin just fought a better fighter. Plain and simple.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.