Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else think last 2 shot of winner was kind of cheap

Delgado was sleeping on is side like a baby after the first 2 punch ( not on is back on is side)It was clearly worst than Hendo vs Bisping imo. I really didnt like the job ref tonite. was always 2 far from the action

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Many may remember the thread i started on Hendo when he hit Bisping even tho he knew he was out, well here comes another. Last night Andre winner threw two extra shots for no reason what so ever. It was evident the guy was out from the first shot, the next two shots (i know they didnt connect too cleanly) were unnecessary. Yes you hit until the ref stops however look at Nate the great. He showed real class in the fight against Maia and for me it was a great thing to see. I cant stand it when fighters start throwing extra shots when they know someone is out, what is there to achieve? Mma eventually will have a death in the sport however if it comes from some idiot throwing shots when someone is out then i can only imagine what it will do for the image of the sport.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Well, his first big one missed, so that's ok. And I don't think there was any malicious intent, but I hold his knockout lower than Hendo's. Atleast Henderson was right on top of him when he hit the ground, and didn't have to run 1/3 of the way across the octagon to then do a flying shot at him.

Andre had plenty of time to see that he was out.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Well, his first big one missed, so that's ok. And I don't think there was any malicious intent, but I hold his knockout lower than Hendo's. Atleast Henderson was right on top of him when he hit the ground, and didn't have to run 1/3 of the way across the octagon to then do a flying shot at him.

Agreed, and thats why i was annoyed with him. Even when he threw the first shot, im sure he could tell the guy wasnt reacting, i couldnt seer the second because of the camera angle but it looked like he caught him. The ref did run over but was too slow, but i think when a ref is to slow to react thats when a fighter should show some class

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I just made a thread about this, i think it was uncalled for and there was no reason for the two shots he threw when he was down

·
Registered
436 Posts
The fight can only be stopped by the ref and he was too far away from the action. If anything it was a late stoppage, I don't blame Winner.
I completely agree; sure Winner didn't need to throw those punches, but the ref was too far from the action and as a result, called a late stoppage.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It was clearly worst than Hendo vs Bisping imo.
His first punch when Delgado was down hit him on the shoulder,the second tagged him on the chin but it was no were near as powerful as Henderson flying forearm smash onto a cardboard Bisping.

When Henderson did it to Bisping it was fine,perfect example of what a MMA fighter is supposed to do,you fight until the Ref stops you.
Now an English fighter has done it to an American it's cheap :),you lads crack me up.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
His first punch when Delgado was down hit him on the shoulder,the second tagged him on the chin but it was no were near as powerful as Henderson flying forearm smash onto a cardboard Bisping.

When Henderson did it to Bisping it was fine,perfect example of what a MMA fighter is supposed to do,you fight until the Ref stops you.
Now an English fighter has done it to an American it's cheap :),you lads crack me up.
No im from London, so region has nothing to do with it. Its a bitch thing to do. I said the same thing when Hendo did it to Bisping and ill say the same thing now Winner has done it. Hendo got me annoyed because he said he knew Bisping was out but he did it any way. Winner must have known Delgado was gone, hitting him twice when he was out is uncalled for.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Wow, great ko.

Fighters are full of hormones and they dont have overview of a fight like we viewers have. He hasnt seen that delgado was finished.

·
Registered
30 Posts

1/3 of the way across? he took like 2 or 3 steps after the ko punch. that's hardly 1/3 of the octagon.

and when talking about these punches after the ko, why do people forget to mention the last rampage/wandy fight? that was unnecessary, just as the hendo punch was, just as the winner fight last night was.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Winner was an ass, he could clearly see Delgado was out on his way down. I would kick Delgados ass, he should not be in the octogon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Watch the .gif again. Befor the guy even hit the canvas Andre was running to hit him again incase he wasn't knocked out. Put yourself in his position: Make sure you finish the job and swarm him as he falls (whether he's knocked out or not I don't think Andre realized because he was so into it) or throw that huge right hand and just watch him fall and MAYBE just be rocked real hard. I bet he would regret not rushing into the guy then.

It's not like he knocked him out and then rushed over to throw more shots. As soon as he hit him with the right hand and saw the guy falling he was rushing to him befor his head even hit the canvas trying to finish it just incase he wasn't knocked out.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts