Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a challenger you are supposed to go into the ring and take the belt from the champion. AA looked intimidated and downright scared of Sylvia last night. He had no intentions of initiating any of the action and was just looking for Sylvia to make a big mistake. What a joke!!

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
He doesn't have any heart anymore when he fights Tim. Ever since he lost to Tim he doesn't try and hes just not an animal anymore. He would tackle or punch opponents non-stop but last fight was being crap and just standing and trying to punch Tim. Both were crap and don't deserve to get a title or shot. Monson is the one who deserves it. Not Tim, Frank, or Andrei. Both of them have had almost three title shots already and its getting pathetic.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Eminem said:
What i dont ghet is why didn't he Throw Leg kicks in the last round thats all he needed to get the desision.
Same. My dad was calling Arlovski an idiot for not throwing leg kicks. He actually could have made Sylvia stumble and fall down from those leg kicks and give him a few bombs. Ever since UFC 59 Arlovski is half the man he used to be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alot of what AA did made no sense. Sylvia looks like a lumbering Frankenstein's monster dragging his feet around the canvas as he tries to get off his shots. AA didn't feign any punches and go for a takedown or continue punishing Sylvia's front leg :dunno: . If you are afraid of getting hurt then don't step in the cage Andrei.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
They both looked like idiots. aa should've leg kicked till tim could'nt stand. And tim should've tried combinations not just jabs all day. horrible fight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
moldy said:
They both looked like idiots. aa should've leg kicked till tim could'nt stand. And tim should've tried combinations not just jabs all day. horrible fight.
It looked like they were both scared to push theirselves. I expected a much better fight then that.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I did 2. But they both know that they can drop eachother. They probably did the right thing and be safe.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Mosconi said:
As a challenger you are supposed to go into the ring and take the belt from the champion. AA looked intimidated and downright scared of Sylvia last night. He had no intentions of initiating any of the action and was just looking for Sylvia to make a big mistake. What a joke!!
you're a joke.....to say he has no hard is complete bulls**t, to stand up and fight with a man for 25 straight minutes, knowing either one of you can get KO'd at any second, and especially after the last fight with his "weak chin" showed me just as much heart as ive ever seen in a fighter. As for the leg kicks, yes i agree he should have kept on them as Tim was getting a little weak in the legs, but that in no way determines the amount of heart he put into the fight. That fight could have gone either way going into the 5th round, but he just lost it after that, it happens to the best of them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
you're a joke.....to say he has no hard is complete bulls**t, to stand up and fight with a man for 25 straight minutes, knowing either one of you can get KO'd at any second, and especially after the last fight with his "weak chin" showed me just as much heart as ive ever seen in a fighter. As for the leg kicks, yes i agree he should have kept on them as Tim was getting a little weak in the legs, but that in no way determines the amount of heart he put into the fight. That fight could have gone either way going into the 5th round, but he just lost it after that, it happens to the best of them.
I agree with you man, he proved his chin was strong that fight. . . . i just believe the man needs to kind of start over ya know, fight those fights that will gain your confidence back . . . . arlovski is still a young fighter, and has a whole lot of potential and he's already proven how good he is. . . .

·
Registered
561 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:

I also have to agree with you, when two guys that size, with that muck KO power get in the ring together for the 3rd time after each being dropped previously, you have to fight smart. Its not always about getting the KO and being crazy in there. I was pulling for Arlovksi but Tim did the right thing, he wore Arlovski down for 5 rounds. For a guy who is 6'8" 260somethin pounds to fight 5 5 minutes rounds is insane, same goes for Arlovski, all these guys questioning their heart are just venting anger for not seeing a first round KO and know nothing about combat sports. These guys should be given the benefit of the doubt just for being in the cage.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i like AA but that last fight made him look bad.. he should've taken it to the ground and he should've thrown more leg kicks. he was winning the first round until tim rocked him with a right. i guess he needs to re-evaluate himself and make up new strategies before he comes back. i hope he comes back as the old AA!

·
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
5,066 Posts
thebroken said:
i like AA but that last fight made him look bad.. he should've taken it to the ground and he should've thrown more leg kicks. he was winning the first round until tim rocked him with a right. i guess he needs to re-evaluate himself and make up new strategies before he comes back. i hope he comes back as the old AA!

AA's corner is terrible. They never encouraged him to throw the kicks nor did they push for the fight to go to the ground. AA needs to join Team Punishment because those guys know where to fight their fights (i would say Miletich but that would be unlikely).
I think Crocop showed us how devastating leg kicks can be and Sylvia's leg was purple in the middle of the 1st round. As for taking it to the ground, that is a given. ou are a ***** champ he is a guy with no credentials not to mention both times he lost were by submission. Over the course of five rounds he ate a lot more punches than he would have if he went in for the shoot. Sylvia has no balance and it wouldn't be hard to take him down once you got a hold of him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts