Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tim Sylvia Sucks
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that he stopped with the leg kicks but he injured it and is supposed to get an MRI. Has anyone else heard this or is it just an excuse? It makes more sense to me that he was injured than he just stopped the leg kicks because he thought they weren't working or something.

·
Banned
110 Posts
If someone is injured they wouldn't go into the ring with a 6'8 heavyweight champion who recently beat them up at a different event. I think it could be an excuse. But also he didn't deliver one leg kick so it might be a valid reason. I don't know. I expected more of this match. I thought it would end in the first round like always. Who's next for Arlovski now, is he retiring?

·
Registered
76 Posts
flourhead said:
I read somewhere that he stopped with the leg kicks but he injured it and is supposed to get an MRI. Has anyone else heard this or is it just an excuse? It makes more sense to me that he was injured than he just stopped the leg kicks because he thought they weren't working or something.
Yes that is true, he is having an MRI done/ or did an MRI yesterday or today, his ankles had swolen 4 times the size of it's normal size lol, which would explain why he stopped doing leg kicks or try to take him down. . . .

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Well yeah...on the UFC 61 Medical Suspension sheet, it states that Arlovski is suspended until 09/07/06 because of injuries sustained...with no contact until 08/23/06. So yeah - Andrei definitely injured something.

·
Registered
76 Posts
TreyB said:
Well yeah...on the UFC 61 Medical Suspension sheet, it states that Arlovski is suspended until 09/07/06 because of injuries sustained...with no contact until 08/23/06. So yeah - Andrei definitely injured something.
Well I did not know that, i suppose that would slate him open to fight in the UFC vs PRIDE ppv against Kazyuika Fujita. . . . . .

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Big_Badi_Rabadi said:
Well I did not know that, i suppose that would slate him open to fight in the UFC vs PRIDE ppv against Kazyuika Fujita. . . . . .
Yeah. Possibly. You never know until it's announced. I'd like to see him on that card for sure though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Confrontation said:
If someone is injured they wouldn't go into the ring with a 6'8 heavyweight champion who recently beat them up at a different event. I think it could be an excuse. But also he didn't deliver one leg kick so it might be a valid reason. I don't know. I expected more of this match. I thought it would end in the first round like always. Who's next for Arlovski now, is he retiring?
He won't retire but he might want to change camp. He needs people around him who will mentally build him up again after two straight defeats.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
teampunishment.50web said:
He won't retire but he might want to change camp. He needs people around him who will mentally build him up again after two straight defeats.
Exactly. See this post:

http://www.mmaforum.com/9579-post13.html

Read what I said. That is what Double A needs to do. Seriously. You know how much better it would make him!?!? C'mon now...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not in the UFC unless he changes his game, gets back to his best and comes out winning though. He probably just needs some time off, heal up for a few months and come out fresh and ready to whip some ass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts