Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Belchers out
While I was in brazil I started losing my vision in my right eye. I saw a dr that told me to go back to us immediately. My friend/surgeon from biloxi got me an emergency surgery scheduled in alabama now just trying to recover. No contact for 6 weeks. Sorry to my fans. Sorry to ufc & demian Maia, I know he has been training specifically for me. Sorry to my fans as well. As long as I get released from dr I will try to make ufn 22 to see my fans and watch the fights.

http://twitter.com/alanbelcherufc

this fight was really gonna shoot him up the ladder. oh well he is still young and will have plenty of time.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
That's a shame, Belcher was on a bit of a run.

Let him rest up and then give him winner of Bisping/Akiyama. I'd be down for a Belcher/Akiyama rematch and i think a fight with Bisping would be a war.

Get Mario Miranda in there IMO.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
That's a shame, Belcher was on a bit of a run.

Let him rest up and then give him winner of Bisping/Akiyama. I'd be down for a Belcher/Akiyama rematch and i think a fight with Bisping would be a war.

Get Mario Miranda in there IMO.
I think Belcher would destroy Bisping with relative ease and I think Belcher is overrated. Belcher was really on a roll and hopefully this doesn't derail his momentum. Being a big strong MW I really thought Maia was a good match up for him as his raw strength would naturally make it hard to take him down.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
FFF***CCCKKK!!!

Damn it all to hell- my first live UFC event and the fight I was looking forward to the most is scratched. FUKK!!!!!

I was praying for no injuries so depending on the replacement it's down to the Miller/Tibau and Miller/Pearson fights as the ones I'm most looking forward to.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Thats really sad.. :(

but I believe it's a good thing for him. I think Maia is one of the worst matchups for him out there. So he can only get better ones in my mind.

I do also believe he is overrated right now. He lost the striking to Akiyama. I really didn't saw him winning against Maia.

Hopefully Cote, Grove or Leben could jump in!

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats really sad.. :(

but I believe it's a good thing for him. I think Maia is one of the worst matchups for him out there. So he can only get better ones in my mind.

I do also believe he is overrated right now. He lost the striking to Akiyama. I really didn't saw him winning against Maia.

Hopefully Cote, Grove or Leben could jump in!
oh yeah i forgot about cote but if cote hasn't worked on his wrestling than maia would be a horrible match up for him.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
If they make it Grove I would literally punch the next old lady I saw and kick a few puppies along the way. That would suck unbelievably- I freaking hate Grove and after losing 2 of four fights with his wins being over Jake Rosholt and a split decision win over Reljic he has no business being in a fight with Maia.

That being said looking at the roster and schedule I really can't see anyone outside of Leben(stepping in again) or Cote being the best 2 names out there.

Oh man...:sad01:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts