Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Come on people you honestly think Wanderlei Silva, Mirko Crocop, Josh Barnett are going to win the grand prix? You are all so wrong and I can't wait to get a lot of fake user points off of all of you since you think Nogueira is nothing. Against strikers like Wanderlei and Barnett he can just manhandle and hes already destroyed Crocop for two rounds already. The only person that can beat Nogueira is Fedor by decision. I can't wait to see Nogueira number one contender. This time I hope Fedor loses to him because if he doesn't beat Fedor its strike three. Nogueira is the worlds best fighter besides Fedor people I can't wait to see you Crocop fans cry like women lol.

And not to mention, he beat Fabricio Werdum, the 6th best fighter in this tourny. Josh has beaten the best opponent yet, Nogueira second best opponent. Wanderlei and Crocop were handed easy opponents since they are over rated! Josh Barnett and Nogueira are under rated so are handed hard ass opponents while Wanderlei and Crocop were let off easily. "Fujita, Yoshihida" give me a break.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Rush, is that you?

Seriously, you're not making much sense at all. Since when has Barnett been a striker? Nog got his ass handed to him in Nog/CC round 1. Ricco Rodriguez also whooped Nogueira, but he got screwed in the decision for being a UFC fighter.

I agree Nogueira is good and has a good chance, but fighting styles play a big role in a fight. So I'm definitely not going to say something foolish like Nogueira is definitely going to win the tourney. I can see both Barnett and CC beating him. Barnett is the one that is going to manhandle Nog, not the other way around. I can only see Nog beating him via submission. Same with CC, Nog needs to sub him or he's going to lose via decision IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
are you trying to imply that hidehiko yoshida sucks, let me guess you just looked at his record on sherdog and probably think he's just mediocre.

How the **** did cro cop get beat easily if he dominated the first round?

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Both Fujita and Yoshida are legends in Japan. At this point CroCop has the upper hand, he has Silva next then Barnett or Nog who he beat both. The only real fight is Nog vs. Barnett cause to me it can go either way but CroCop is gonna beat Silva, it's not gonna be a walk in the park but CroCop will get it done. As soon as I get 5,000 points it will go to CroCop.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree Nog is very underrated but he will have trouble with Barnett, and I'm taking Wandy over CroCop, I don't care how many people say Wandy is overrated he is sick, I think he'll take CroCop via decision. And Nog will take Barnett, Barnett will overpower him but Nog will catch him in a submission. finals will be Nog vs. Wandy. Don't care what anyone says.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
HARD_KNOCKS said:
I agree Nog is very underrated but he will have trouble with Barnett, and I'm taking Wandy over CroCop, I don't care how many people say Wandy is overrated he is sick, I think he'll take CroCop via decision. And Nog will take Barnett, Barnett will overpower him but Nog will catch him in a submission. finals will be Nog vs. Wandy. Don't care what anyone says.
I don't think Wandy is overrated but CroCop will beat him. I say Nogueira is undrerrated but right now is not his time, maybe in the next tournament or later this year for a title shot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Didnt Mark Hunt knock out Crocop but wasnt able to do the same with Silva. I think it will be Crocop and Silva will fight and Silva will knock him out or stoppage in the first round. Though Crocop is nasty, he can't eat a hit like Silva would.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
down4thecount said:
I have to disagree with CONFRONTATION saying that Nog was kicking Crocops butt.
Nog won that fight via submission...But prior to that, CC was in COMPLETE control of that fight.

However...I am in COMPLETE agreement when you say that Nog is underrated.

He is being overlooked by many people right now...I can see him winning the tourney.
being overlooked can be a big advantage... but just because the fans, promoters and press may overlook a fighter does not mean the people who have to fight him are over looking him... if they are.. then that is thier mistake when the person beats them

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
down4thecount said:
You are 100% correct!
I was saying that the fans are overlooking him.
I don't believe the fighters are overlooking Nog.
(They know better)
if they didn't he'd have a much easier time and a better record ( though I do not know what his record is off the top of my head )

·
Banned
55 Posts
I completely despise people who always give credit out towards Wanderlei Silva and Mirko Filipovic. Usually those are the people who no nothing about PRIDE. Josh Barnett and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, two under rated and two of the most over looked fighters in the tourny currently will win the tourney. Wanderlei definitely won't win. Crocop has a chance (I'm not saying he sucks) he's just a bit too over rated. Antonio Rodrigo did beat Crocop but got owned in the first round and a bit in the second just because hes amazing on his back and grappling he caught Mirko and Mirko tapped. Antonio would beat Crocop again in my opinion. He's unstoppable. The only man who can stop him is Fedor whos beating him twice. And I would hate to see a third match against Antonio and Fedor because Fedor would win by decision again although their matches are great. I think Josh Barnett is the one being over looked. I think hes the one who is going to win the tourny. And he's definitely not a striker.

And to get to the point, Hidehiko Yoshihida and Kazusyuki Fujita are actually one of the best Japanese heavyweights, but sadly not one of the best heavyweights just like Fabricio Werdum, Aleksander Emelianenko, and Mark Hunt are. Definitely not.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Spartan said:
And to get to the point, Hidehiko Yoshihida and Kazusyuki Fujita are actually one of the best Japanese heavyweights, but sadly not one of the best heavyweights just like Fabricio Werdum, Aleksander Emelianenko, and Mark Hunt are. Definitely not.
How can you say Werdum is one of the best heavyweights? The only 2 good heavyweights he's fought, he's lost to. Not including Overeem, seeing as he mostly fought at light heavyweight.

Mark Hunt? Barnett showed everyone what to do with him. Take him down and he's like a turtle on it's back. As a striker he's awesome, as a rounded mma fighter? He's got a long way to go.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Nog is obviously not the best fighter in the grand prix right now. The truth is, I would hesitate to put him in the top four. Yoshida and Fujita are great fighters, though they are really only in the middle of this pack.

Barnett, Wanderlei and Crocop are all looking really good, so they can all beat Nog. Fujita and Yoshida are just as good as Nog and can beat him if they get the opening.

If the final four is Nog, Wandy, Crocop and Barnett, then Nog is pretty much f**ked.

·
Banned
55 Posts
IronMan said:
If the final four is Nog, Wandy, Crocop and Barnett, then Nog is pretty much f**ked.
No he isn't f'd if thats the final four. First he was dominated against Crocop but his grappling is so amazing he tapped Crocop out. He would do the same thing again. Nogueira could definitely beat Wanderlei. The only one on that list he's f'd against is Barnett. Thats why the finals will be Barnett and Nogueira.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
FunkDoctor said:
Saying he's underrated is sad.

If no Fedor, Nog pwns all HWs.
nog is the 2nd tuffest fighter in the world and the tuffest fighter isnt in the touney therefor nog wins the tourney..saying barnett is gonna beat nog is foolish, u think barnett is gonna submitt nog..its gonna be a bjj match and nog is gonna tap him out in round 1, tahn hes gonnna make crocop tap

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
but i hope wandy wins , so fedor can pound his head through the canvas:laugh:

·
Registered
302 Posts
jdun11 said:
nog is the 2nd tuffest fighter in the world and the tuffest fighter isnt in the touney therefor nog wins the tourney..saying barnett is gonna beat nog is foolish, u think barnett is gonna submitt nog..its gonna be a bjj match and nog is gonna tap him out in round 1, tahn hes gonnna make crocop tap
Nog isn't the second toughest fighter in the world, though he may be the second toughest HEAVYWEIGHT in the world. I don't see Barnett subbing Nog, but he can very well beat Nog by decision. It's just as foolish though to think that Nog is going to sub Barnett in round one, it can happen but it's foolish to say so and I would not bet any money on saying he will. And besides, didn't YOU say Hunt was going to win the tourney? Lol, and what did Barnett do to him?

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
samurice said:
Nog isn't the second toughest fighter in the world, though he may be the second toughest HEAVYWEIGHT in the world. I don't see Barnett subbing Nog, but he can very well beat Nog by decision. It's just as foolish though to think that Nog is going to sub Barnett in round one, it can happen but it's foolish to say so and I would not bet any money on saying he will. And besides, didn't YOU say Hunt was going to win the tourney? Lol, and what did Barnett do to him?
HAHA YEA I PICKED HUNT, WISHFUL THINKIN I GUESS..AND U SAY NOG IS THE 2ND TUFFEST HEAVYWEIGHT BUT NOT THE 2ND TUFFEST GUY:dunno: I DONT GET THAT, WHO IS THAN??I JUST WATCHED THE CROCOP AND NOG FIGHT FOR THE 2ND TIME, NOW IM NOT SURE IF NOG CAN BEAT CROCOP, HE WAS HAVIN A REAL HARD TIME TAKIN HIM DOWN AND WAS GETTIN PUMMELED MOST OF THE FIGHT, BUT I GUESS THATS NOGS STYLE BUT I DUNNO IF HE CAN GET LUCKY AGAIN..ITS NOT REALLY LUCK BUT CROCOP IS A BAD MATCH UP FOR NOG, SO I DUNNO I MIGHT HAVE TO CHANGE MY PICK ..ILL LET U GUYS KNOW MY PICK B4 THE FINAL FOUR THO..JUST NOT SURE YET

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Yeah, Mark Hunt is wishful thinking.

I don't expect Barnett to beat nog with a submission, if that's what it comes down to. I expect Barnett to pound Nog until the ref pulls him off.

I think that Cro cop/Barnett is actually a better matchup for Barnett, because he's strong enough to takedown crocop.

If Wandy beats Barnett (big if) and Crocop beats Nog, then I think that crocop can take the whole thing. But with crocops left leg he can KO any of the guys left, so anything is possible.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts