Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Renato Sobral

Votes: 8 40.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The score is PRIDE 10, UFC 3 and this next fight is battle between two Brazillian submission superstars.

Representing PRIDE:
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueria (28-4-1)
Vitals: 6'3" 231 lbs (105kg)
Style: Brazillian Jiu-jitsu
Fact: Nogueria has never lost a fight by anything other than a decision.

Representing the UFC:
Renato "Babalu" Sobral (27-6-0)
Vitals: 6'1" 205 lbs (93kg)
Styles: Wrestling and Brazillian Jiu-jitsu
Fact: Babalu has a UFC record of 4-3-0 with 2 losses to UFC Lightheavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell and 1 to now PRIDE Heavyweight Kevin Randleman.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Both of these guys are coming off of hard losses to good opponents after long winning streaks. I voted for Nog because I think he's the better fighter and I think that the only way Babalu can possibly win is by decision.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Renato Sobral by Decision or by a submission late in the final round.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading a comment on the other poll, someone commented that Antonio is to much bigger than Babalu.

Keep in mind that Babalu has fought a huge number of heavyweights, include Fedor, Randleman, Elvis Sinosec and I think that the first time he fought Chuck was as a Heavyweight. (that last one might not be right)

·
Registered
583 Posts
MMA freak said:
Hahahah. I'm not even going to bother, you haven't seen any PRIDE FC have you?

Yes. Yes I have seen PRIDE FC. Dude in all seriousness stop with this "God of MMA" gimmick. It's ****in' worse than that Borat guy that goes around these forums. Stop putting people down, it's my ****in' opinion and I'll type what I want. If I say Babalu wins, then in my opinion, Babalu freakin' wins, ok?! Hope you got that asshole.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Ken Shamrock said:
Yes. Yes I have seen PRIDE FC. Dude in all seriousness stop with this "God of MMA" gimmick. It's ****in' worse than that Borat guy that goes around these forums. Stop putting people down, it's my ****in' opinion and I'll type what I want. If I say Babalu wins, then in my opinion, Babalu freakin' wins, ok?! Hope you got that asshole.
MMA freak just means I'm obsessed with MMA, not a god about it, thats jdun11 you have never seen Rodrigo fight if you say Babalu can beat him, Rodrigos younger brother can beat Babalu.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
MMA freak said:
MMA freak just means I'm obsessed with MMA, not a god about it, thats jdun11 you have never seen Rodrigo fight if you say Babalu can beat him, Rodrigos younger brother can beat Babalu.
First off the Nogs are twins. Haha I know something u dont Rush. Anyway this shouldve been Babalu vs Lil Nog since theyre the same weight. Too many of these PFC vs UFC fights are unfair thats why Prides winning so bad. i would pick babalu over Lil Nog by the way but not big Nog.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
asskicker said:
First off the Nogs are twins. Haha I know something u dont Rush. Anyway this shouldve been Babalu vs Lil Nog since theyre the same weight. Too many of these PFC vs UFC fights are unfair thats why Prides winning so bad
Sorry if I got it wrong, they don't seem like twins because they always called Rogerio lil' nog. Rodrigo Nogueira would beat Babalu, Rogerio would beat Babalu yet another unfair PRIDE FC .vs. UFC poll from my P.O.V.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I personally think babalu is a better striker then nog. He is just as good on the ground and has amazing cardio. I say babalu.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
asskicker said:
First off the Nogs are twins. Haha I know something u dont Rush. Anyway this shouldve been Babalu vs Lil Nog since theyre the same weight. Too many of these PFC vs UFC fights are unfair thats why Prides winning so bad. i would pick babalu over Lil Nog by the way but not big Nog.
yea i def woulda made this lil nog vs babalu..but id still take both nogs over babalu..the nogs have the best bjj in mma

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
asskicker said:
I'm giving you rep for this one. :thumbsup:

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
asskicker said:
Lil' Nog doesn't cut any weight to fight at lightheavyweight, Babalu used to fight at Heavyweight in a number of organizations including the UFC.

In Babalu v Lil' Nog at their natural weight I'm giving Babalu a 15 to 20 lb advantage. The weight I have posted is his fight weight from fighting Chuck. He's really up around 230-235 when he's not cutting for a competition.

I've had Sylvia fight like 4 times. I've posted him against every heavyweight contender in PRIDE. He has yet to win. PRIDE has no middleweight division, so it's not really fair to Rich Franklin, who could beat any lighter weight fighter in PRIDE, but I gave him Anderson, even though Silva is a PRIDE welterweight.

I'll keep that in mind, though.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
they way i would like to weigh this

They both faught Fedor and fighting him says alot about you...so i go for Nog

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, if you go to the ground with Fedor and you don't get pounded or submitted then that's pretty incredible.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Pride does too have a middleweight division they dont have a WW. And If Babalu cuts to make LHW that doesnt matter he weighs in at LHW just like everyone Lil Nog fights. So it should definatly be 2 LHWs Babalu vs Lil Nog instead of Babalu vs Nog whose a heavyweight. You talk about weight disadvantages, Babalus to big Nog is worse than Lil Nogs to Babalu.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
asskicker said:
Pride does too have a middleweight division they dont have a WW. And If Babalu cuts to make LHW that doesnt matter he weighs in at LHW just like everyone Lil Nog fights. So it should definatly be 2 LHWs Babalu vs Lil Nog instead of Babalu vs Nog whose a heavyweight. You talk about weight disadvantages, Babalus to big Nog is worse than Lil Nogs to Babalu.
Their divisions are structured way differently, which has a lot to do with the fact that they use the metric system.

What I'm trying to explain to you is that Babalu has fought at heavyweight, he's actually spent alot of his carreer there. Babalu, from what I've heard, cut 30 lbs in the weeks before the fight to fight Chuck, which means he weighs almost exactly the same as Big Nog without cutting weight. Maybe I should have posted the weight he be fighting at, not the weight at his last fight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts