Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really impressed with him last night, although I think Lil Nog looked out of true form.

I was thinking that this warrented Brillz a decent opponent for his next fight. Maybe Luiz Cane, expecially given his defeat at this PPV. Or maybe someone like Bonnar.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vladdy - jones winner should be good .
Really? I think that Jones is taking a step back with his current fight and to be placed with someone else outside the top 10 would be crazy. Ofcourse this is if Jones wins....I think he will.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was really impressed with him last night, although I think Lil Nog looked out of true form.

I was thinking that this warrented Brillz a decent opponent for his next fight. Maybe Luiz Cane, expecially given his defeat at this PPV. Or maybe someone like Bonnar.

Any thoughts?
Valesquez.

Then from that fight

Winner fights Mir
Loser fights Dos Santos

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
I don't like to look at him, listen to him, or watch him fight. I was exaggerating how I feel, but the guy just isn't pleasant or enjoyable on the UFC level to me.

I feel like there are a ton of wrestlers at LHW who would have given lil nog just as tough a time (Phil Davis, etc), and I don't think he should be on the main card in his next fight.

also, hasn't he said he has no intention of pursuing mma full time? if so, that is a minus for me too. ESPECIALLY when we are talking paying money to see this dude fight, which is the UFC buisness model.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Why the hate? He looked really good against Lil Nog.
Yeh, if I could come in and do that to LIL NOG, I'd be real happy with my performance, ok LIL NOG didn't look himself, but still to weeks notice, Jason did well,another good guy coming off a loss, or maybe ARONA for his first fight in UFC, when/if he comes to UFC, as it will be a good challenge for Brilz and would be a good fight for ARONA as he'll be able to shake off any ring rust without facing a top 5/10 guy.
Although I feel Brillz got screwed in this fight, maybe BADER/VERA/jardine could also be good tests to see where he's at.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Valesquez.

Then from that fight

Winner fights Mir
Loser fights Dos Santos
You're not making any sense: Brillz is a LHW, those are HW's.

My choices for Brillz's next opponent:
1.Diabate - i realy liked the way he fought against Cane. Diabate has one of the best and clean striking in the LHW division and i would like him to follow Nog's path for now. They both destroyed Cane in prety much the same manner.
2.Winner of Bonnar-Soszynski
3.Phil Davis - i realy like this kid. Great great prospect. It would be a good fight for him, going against a guywho lost a somewhat controversial decision to Nogueira.
4. Brandon Vera

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.