Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to throw a UFC party at my house tomorrow, I do not currently have a Time Warner Cable box, but I do have a 12Mb internet connection. Last time I threw a UFC party I paid like $90 for the box rental and the event, I got hosed.

I am not interested in illegal streams(mma-tv.net) as I need some good quality and stutter free.

I am going to stream it tomorrow from UFC.com, does anybody have any experience as to the quality level or consistency of the stream?

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I am not sure but its kind of hard throwing a sports party when you have to rely on the intranet. The quality of the streams will never be the high quality of a cable box, especially if you are expanding the stream to fit a 30+ inch TV

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
I have seen some negative comments about the quality and it cutting off. You can't really take their word for it until you try it though.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Sounds like you need to go to a bar and have the party afterwards to celebrate Rampage knocking Rashad the f out.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Streams suck period, but if you have to rely on it then the one from ufc.com is the best one for sure.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I got the last one off of UFC.com and it was some of the better quality I've seen on the net but it's nothing compared to cable or satellite.

During the fight it would get blurry at times with only 2 small pauses (maybe a second or two).

For only $40-50 more bucks I would probably rent the box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the last one off of UFC.com and it was some of the better quality I've seen on the net but it's nothing compared to cable or satellite.

During the fight it would get blurry at times with only 2 small pauses (maybe a second or two).

For only $40-50 more bucks I would probably rent the box.
I pulled the trigger on this last night before I real the comments here. I will update you all and let you know how it goes. I can't see myself paying double for the 1 event, and last time I still had problems with the event not coming on live on time even though I paid for it.

I am already having mixed feelings as some of the streams from UFC.com are great, while others are very MEH.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UFC.com stream quality was pretty good overall. I had about 3 minutes during the 3rd fight where it went fuzzy and low bitrate for several minutes, but it was clean and clear besides that.

I would compare it to somewhere between HD broadcasts and SD Digital Broadcasts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts