Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Been ahwile since we had UFC looking forward to August?

• Yeah !!!

Votes: 61 87.1%
  • NAh im good

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Yeah but it's not like i'd watch them live

Votes: 1 1.4%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just so used to the ppv events that take place at least twice a month, but this month of July has been pretty boring in terms of MMA I must say anyone else agree? and is looking forward to August because of this lol... I know its summer and we enjoyin that and all but still I got have my MMA dose :(

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Did you miss the epic shamrock rizzo war?

I have found a great way to pass the time as I just recently discovered Trailer Park Boys. About to start season5.

Clearly Canadian tv is superior to American.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Yeah, I have. Probably didn't help that we got so many events in the space of a few weeks, but this past 3 weeks or so have sucked. I'm glad I kept 116 on my Sky + as I've been watching it back properly tonight, but man, I cannot wait for UFC 117, seems like we've been waiting forever for it to come round, and we've still got 2 weeks to wait.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I have found a great way to pass the time as I just recently discovered Trailer Park Boys. About to start season5.

Lol i did watch it the only fight that intrested me though was the Paul Daley one but it seemed lackluster, even though there was action it just wasn't as exciting as UFC or even SF events. Well I got both Canadian and American channels but I seem to watch American more lol, the fight channel on bell is ight though.

Yeah, I have. Probably didn't help that we got so many events in the space of a few weeks, but this past 3 weeks or so have sucked. I'm glad I kept 116 on my Sky + as I've been watching it back properly tonight, but man, I cannot wait for UFC 117, seems like we've been waiting forever for it to come round, and we've still got 2 weeks to wait.
Yeah lmao no kidding I also went back to some old events just so i can feel the excitement again it's like im addicted and we got 2 weeks to wait for the versus fight...

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Im just so used to the ppv events that take place at least twice a month, but this month of July has been pretty boring in terms of MMA I must say anyone else agree? and is looking forward to August because of this lol... I know its summer and we enjoyin that and all but still I got have my MMA dose :(
Sounds like you just need HDNet. Dream 15 on the 10th was great.

·
Registered
248 Posts
the paul daley fight was pretty good imo.. i mean he didnt face a scrub in the stand up so it is what i was

watched the zab judah fight even though i barely watch boxing.. was kinda sick

other than that i recently discovered the show. how to make it in america and I downloaded all the seasons of entourage.. pretty awesome shows id recommend if your bored

also get out da damn house its summer time... go for a walk, play some basketball, go TRAIN MMA lol do something other than staying in the house if you guys are so bored

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Sadly yes, I'm horribly bored, thank good for this forum and it's entertainment-value :)

Missed DREAM, but I'm gonna catch it once I get the chance... I have been rewatching old seasons of TUF, old PPVs and so on... My huge DVD-collection has even gotten a little air-time :p

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
I am bored, but i love it also, because it just makes the next UFC all the more exciting for me, the anticapation from waiting so long really pumps me for them. When theres one every other week etc, i just think you dont get enough time to appreciate each UFC event, because once ones finished I talk about for so long that i dont get much time to pump myself up for the next.

Its not that am complaining about having 2,3 or even 4 events a month, i love it, but at the same time i just think you get more pumped when you have to wait awhile for one to come along, but thats just me.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Yes! My favorite Sports are football, basketball, soccer, and MMA. NBA season is over, NFL Hasn't started, world cup is over, and MMA hasn't had a major event in a while.
I've been trying to get my sports fix by watching more MLS soccer and catching the Timorthy Bradley boxing match recently.
Cant wait for UFC 117!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a life, so no. Haven't ordered or watched an entire PPV in months. I just read what's going on. I don't even bother downloading. I am more pumped for the NFL season.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have a life, so no. Haven't ordered or watched an entire PPV in months. I just read what's going on. I don't even bother downloading. I am more pumped for the NFL season.
"but this month of July has been pretty boring in terms of MMA" also i didnt know having an intrest in mma meant you had no life,sounds like your insecure about something...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Not just the lack of UFC but the lack of quality MMa in general. Bellator finished, no SF until this Saturday and it's a crap card even for Challengers sake. Dream was good but that was two weeks ago.

Looking forward to August 1st.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
It confused me, having a solid month of no UFC, but I just watch other events and I'm fine. UFC employees need a break too, I understand that.

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
I've been going through the UFC darkages (UFC 13-20) and plan to watch the old Pride fights. If it doesn't get any better I might hit rock bottom and check out DREAM.

·
Registered
77 Posts

QFT

Wait until you see the Christmas special and the 2 movies The Big Dirty and Countdown to Liquor Day.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I have been watching MMA things that I have recorded. I have the entire last season of TUF, tons of UFC Unleashed episodes, the Top 100 fights, plenty of Best of Pride episodes, some WEC, and some UFC fight nights, and some Bully Beatdown for when I want to laugh and watch MMA at the same time on my DVR. I will be alright until the next one! :thumb02:

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
I have been watching MMA things that I have recorded. I have the entire last season of TUF, tons of UFC Unleashed episodes, the Top 100 fights, plenty of Best of Pride episodes, some WEC, and some UFC fight nights, and some Bully Beatdown for when I want to laugh and watch MMA at the same time on my DVR. I will be alright until the next one! :thumb02:
^^^THIS^^^

I like these pauses from the every 2 weeks PPV we have had here the past few months

·
Registered
583 Posts
I heard about that bully beatdown thing (mayhem miller??).
Is it any good?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts