Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big Swick fan and really thought he was gonna TKO Hardy but Hardy was the much better fighter last night. Swick seemed very tentative and had a horrible game plan. I wonder if that first punch from Hardy made him too scared to really engage. I was yelling at the screen the whole time. I really dislike Hardy but think he's a good fighter. I'm just wondering if anyone else thought Swick seemed different in this fight? I'm not making excuses or anything, just curious. I know alot of members on here think Swicks overrated and I'm sure that's what alot of the replies I'm gonna get say.

·
Registered
520 Posts
yea completely, the only thing i could think of is what you said, if that first punch really affected him, I was really disappointed that he didn't let his hands go more, because when he did he was landing.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
It looks like he gets discouraged very easily...same thing happened when he faces Okami. "He's too strong"

Something I'm sure he'd be saying if he did manage to get past Hardy and have to face GSP.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Im a big Swick fan also, but I dont think he really looked any different then he usually does. I think the big problem for him was that he got a little flustered when he didnt rock Hardy with any of the good shots he hit him with. Normally when Swick his someone with a good shot, it takes them back and makes them go all rubber legs and then he starts to tee of on them with some serious speed and power. I think that he hit Hardy with some of those same kind of initial shots, but Hardy wasnt rocked and Swick waded into quickly and payed for it. I think he didnt really know what to do once he couldnt hurt Hardy standing up. I think Swick rocked him a little once, but it wasnt enought to really slow Hardy down. I dont think this loss was because Swick didnt come in with a good game plan, I think Hardy just came in at the very top of his game and would have been hard for anyone to beat last night.

·
Gracie Hunter
1,021 Posts
When Swick was walking down to the octagon he saw GSP sitting on the front row.
He then realised he didnt want the ass beating of a lifetime so he let Hardy get the decision...

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe it was just that first shot and Hardy's chin combined. He did seem flustered but he's a much better striker than he was showing last night. I guess I'll have to rewatch it. Glad I'm not the only one that he seemed different.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It happens all the time when you are fighting a very good fighter. Hardy's style and punches frustrated Swick to the point he was trying for something new but couldn't come up with anything.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
His chin and composure surprised me. I'm still unsure of Swicks game plan. Was it to outwrestle him or what? He wouldn't just strike and unload or anything, just kinda tried for a few weak take downs and that's it.

I think Hardy surprised him, honestly.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
When Swick was walking down to the octagon he saw GSP sitting on the front row.
He then realised he didnt want the ass beating of a lifetime so he let Hardy get the decision...
:laugh: its kind of like what rogan about winning the fight actually being a curse..To think if swick won and got pummelled by GSP everyone here would be saying GSP is just that damn good..When in reality the competition is just that damn bad

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Swick got scared, he got hit and lost his composure completely, every time Swick engaged he landed, I actually think Swick was the better striker but he seemed like he was terrified to risk eating another one of Hardy's shots. I remember Fishcer saying Joe Daddy doesn't like to get hit, well you know what I actually don't think Swick liked getting hit and he became for the most part very timid and lost his killer instinct, Swick does much better as the hunter than as the prey.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't like getting hit neither:thumb02: Maybe Hardy hit harder than it looked. I've never really seen Swick scared to engage. Even when he fought Okami he opened up and almost finished him. Well, my memory's a little foggy on that fight but I'm pretty sure that happened anyways lol
Swick got scared, he got hit and lost his composure completely, every time Swick engaged he landed, I actually think Swick was the better striker but he seemed like he was terrified to risk eating another one of Hardy's shots. I remember Fishcer saying Joe Daddy doesn't like to get hit, well you know what I actually don't think Swick liked getting hit and he became for the most part very timid and lost his killer instinct, Swick does much better as the hunter than as the prey.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I think it was the early punch, after that Swick was off, also I think Hardy has some heavy hands. I was not to big on Hardy before this fight and am still not a big fan but I no longer feel he is overrated. I dont think he can beat GSP, but is more than able to stand with anyone else in the division. not to sure about his ground game yet. imo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts