Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That really sucks, I know they werent top level canadian fighters, most of them only resigned due to the event being held in canada, but still im totally bummed about that, makes
canadian mma look bad. To all you americans, there will be ALOT of great talent comin out of canada very soon.

·
Banned
689 Posts

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Did you watch UFC 105? All the Brits won except James Wilks who's pracically a yank anyway :confused02:
That's why I said don't usually.......did you watch 100? or 111? or 113? I wasn't bashing British fighters, just saying they don't usually do much better.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Ah sorry, I get you now. I thought you were just referring to when fighters are on card in their home nation. :thumbsup:
No not at all, just saying Brits haven't done much better then Canadians. I actually wish a Brit would win a title or a big fight, so Americans would stop this bullshit bashing of British fighters, it's annoying to just hate a guy because he is from across the pond. Hate a guy for the right reasons is what I'm saying haha.

Reactions: RFC

·
Banned
689 Posts
Gotta say that im more bummed out that I was just gonna watch the prelims but I now know the results of most of them just by reading the thread title :(
thats a lesson learned, i came on here after strikeforce and saw that jake shields won not to mention the brawl

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I don't factor where you were born into whether or not I cheer for you so I don't really care that a bunch of canadians lost in Canada. I'm pretty sure most MMA card in Canada are going to have several canadians losing on them anyways.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Yup, I though Hague would be able to beat Beltran, thought J-Mac had his fight locked down, Stout looked like crap but Stephens looked great and had Stout fighting scared. But worst of all Belcher drops Cote on his face and locks in the choke..

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Im a little surprised Canada did that bad I thought Mcdonald would have it forsure but that leg break was a freak accident. Didn't Tim Huage get screwed by a decision again? LOL IDK never watched just heard that.

Not a big deal though really we have the Canadian Fedor.

Yup, I though Hague would be able to beat Beltran, thought J-Mac had his fight locked down, Stout looked like crap but Stephens looked great and had Stout fighting scared. But worst of all Belcher drops Cote on his face and locks in the choke..
Yeah I knew you wouldn't be happy about that one lol. Personally in my books I thought that was a head spike and should have resulting in a NC or a 5 minute break.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I don't factor where you were born into whether or not I cheer for you so I don't really care that a bunch of canadians lost in Canada. I'm pretty sure most MMA card in Canada are going to have several canadians losing on them anyways.
^This^

I couldn't really care less where someone is from if he puts up great fights. Canada still has the #1 p4p fighter anyway so its not like everyone can go "Damn, Canada surely sucks at mma!" after this card.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.