Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a huge Bas fan myself but honestly this was a terrible match to watch. Randleman just used his lay and pray tactics for 20 minutes on top of Rutten and elbowed and punched him from the top. Then the fight ended with Randleman obviously supposed to get decision but Rutten did some how. Can someone tell me why?

Rutten is a great fighter but watching him fight in the UFC hes nothing spectacular. Kohsaka was dominating him too until the over time of the fight Bas woke up and started trying and won.

I don't think Bas works well in an octagon. I think he fits more into PRIDE FC and Pancrase. Same with Wanderlei as we all saw Tito beat Wanderlei and Wanderlei get molested by Vitor in 45 seconds.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
You already know my thoughts but I'm bored so I'll reply to this thread.

I think the main reason Bas won is because it was well-known that this was going to be his last MMA fight of his career (at the time). Not just UFC but all MMA. My guess is the judges didn't want to give him a loss as his "goodbye fight".

My other theory is that they considered Bas to be dominant while on his back. I thought he was at some times but not others. Towards the end Randleman was hurt bad and was just lying on his chest and eating elbows and getting his hair re-dyed. Maybe this was enough to sway the judges decision.:dunno:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Rush said:
I'm a huge Bas fan myself but honestly this was a terrible match to watch. Randleman just used his lay and pray tactics for 20 minutes on top of Rutten and elbowed and punched him from the top. Then the fight ended with Randleman obviously supposed to get decision but Rutten did some how. Can someone tell me why?

Rutten is a great fighter but watching him fight in the UFC hes nothing spectacular. Kohsaka was dominating him too until the over time of the fight Bas woke up and started trying and won.

I don't think Bas works well in an octagon. I think he fits more into PRIDE FC and Pancrase. Same with Wanderlei as we all saw Tito beat Wanderlei and Wanderlei get molested by Vitor in 45 seconds.
Bas won the fight because he was striking from his back better than anyone I have ever seen. At first Randleman was throwing his wild flurry of punches, but after the first few Bas had him keeping his head down. Every time Randleman brought his head up he would get hit. Bas completely neutralized Randleman's offense. Now I can see if you say Bas lost the fight because Randleman could take him down at will, but he didn't do much of anything when he had him down. And if Randleman ever got side control Bas would get him right back in the guard. All Randleman did in that fight was be really strong.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
CashKola said:
Bas won the fight because he was striking from his back better than anyone I have ever seen. At first Randleman was throwing his wild flurry of punches, but after the first few Bas had him keeping his head down. Every time Randleman brought his head up he would get hit. Bas completely neutralized Randleman's offense. Now I can see if you say Bas lost the fight because Randleman could take him down at will, but he didn't do much of anything when he had him down. And if Randleman ever got side control Bas would get him right back in the guard. All Randleman did in that fight was be really strong.

Yes, much like the Rashad Evans vs. Stephan Bonnar fight...

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
I Never Saw This Fight, But Did You See The Interview Between Bas And Randleman, Where They Started Arguing And Than Started Brawling And Evryone Had To Break It Up...they Were Just Playin A Prank On Everyone But It Worked And It Looked Real..everyone There Thought It Was Real, As Did I?? I Think Its On Youtube If U Want To See It

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
jdun11 said:
I Never Saw This Fight, But Did You See The Interview Between Bas And Randleman, Where They Started Arguing And Than Started Brawling And Evryone Had To Break It Up...they Were Just Playin A Prank On Everyone But It Worked And It Looked Real..everyone There Thought It Was Real, As Did I?? I Think Its On Youtube If U Want To See It

Haha. Yea that was pretty funny. Here it is.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is stupid I knew they were joking the minute Kevin was like "you know when I faught you I won". But that is the truth he did win lol.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Rush said:
That is stupid I knew they were joking the minute Kevin was like "you know when I faught you I won". But that is the truth he did win lol.
Yea well imagine if were to watch that interview live. You knew it was a joke before you watched it which is why you knew Kevin was joking right away. If you watched this live right in front of them you would probably think it was real for a little while. It started looking fake towards the end when Bas attacked him but that's why they aren't actors or in WWE. True though it's not as funny when you know it's fake before you watch it.

Edit: I thought it was funny because I didn't expect Randleman to be such a good sport about the fight. It's good to see he can take a controversial loss so lightly and be able to joke around with his opponent about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
bullshit...fight was ****ing fixed by the judges cuz it was bas's last fight

i dont care what you say about how well bas defended himself in the back, randleman gave him a bloody nose and a bruised up eye, he took down bas countless times and pounded him throughout the whole fight, bas coudlnt do anything but take the beating, shit looked ridiculous when they anounced bas the winner and he walking around cheering his face all beat up and randleman with no cut on his face looking all healthy

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly Bas was a mess. They just gave the fight to him because hes a legend and it was his last fight. They better not do the same thing if Ortiz/ Shamrock 3 goes to a decision.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
YEA BUT WE ALL KNOW SHAMMY ISNT LASTING ALL 3 ROUNDS...ILL BE SHOCKED IF HE GETS OUT OF THE SECOND ROUND ALIVE!!:laugh:

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jdun11 said:
YEA BUT WE ALL KNOW SHAMMY ISNT LASTING ALL 3 ROUNDS...ILL BE SHOCKED IF HE GETS OUT OF THE SECOND ROUND ALIVE!!:laugh:
Same. But remember at UFC 40 Ortiz pounded him inside out but he lasted three rounds some how before being stopped by a doctor.

·
Registered
510 Posts
bAD_K said:
bullshit...fight was ****ing fixed by the judges cuz it was bas's last fight

i dont care what you say about how well bas defended himself in the back, randleman gave him a bloody nose and a bruised up eye, he took down bas countless times and pounded him throughout the whole fight, bas coudlnt do anything but take the beating, shit looked ridiculous when they anounced bas the winner and he walking around cheering his face all beat up and randleman with no cut on his face looking all healthy
I am not sure if you understand that mma is about a lot more then just how you look after the fight. And to say that Bas could not do anything but take the beating is just ridiculous. Maybe you should watch that fight again.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Rush said:
Same. But remember at UFC 40 Ortiz pounded him inside out but he lasted three rounds some how before being stopped by a doctor.
yeah, if it wasnt stopped it probably would have went all 5 rounds to a decision. ken can take a lot of punishment..

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
yes i agree ken can take a beating, but he really is gettin older, and theres no way he could take that beating from ufc 40 today..if that last fight went a miute longer he would been out..so i dunno how much he can take anymore, ken is a beaten fighter

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
CashKola said:
I am not sure if you understand that mma is about a lot more then just how you look after the fight. And to say that Bas could not do anything but take the beating is just ridiculous. Maybe you should watch that fight again.

Wow at least one person in here understands the concept of MMA. I have been trying to explain that to some of these people in here since I joined this forum. I'm about sick of hearing people say "Well he looked worse and is bloodier, therefore he lost the fight". It's supposed to be who's the better fighter for the given amount of time, not who has stronger skin lol. Thank God someone in here understands...

·
Registered
4 Posts
CashKola said:
just for the fact that you have have bas in your avatar just drained all your points in your post

i am a fan of both bas and randleman. bas took the beating and did not hurt randleman, if not.. not as much as randleman hurt bas

1 - 17 of 17 Posts