1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or any other UFC PPV at the theater?

Pros:

1. huge screen
2. I can hear everything clearly as it will be quiet inside the theater (more or less)
3. plenty of seating

Cons:
1. costs $20, not $10 at the bar
2. no beer

If you've seen a UFC PPV, or plan to, post here! I want to know if it's worth my hard earned $20...

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Yeah, I knew they would have 115 in theaters, but I didn't know it would cost 20 bucks to watch. That's a ridiculous price to pay considering you have to be quiet in the theater, and it's really the same thing as watching it at a sports bar, or at your house. When me and my buddies watch fights there's usually at least 6 of us, if we all went to the theater for this it'd cost us over 120 dollars for seating...we could just order the PPV in HD, buy a couple pizzas, and bam, done, and it's convenient. My point is, 20 bucks is ridiculous.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
If they did that here in the UK, i'd go for sure! Only ever likely to happen with events that are held here though, as eventsd held in the US air at 3am here.

Would be great to watch it on a huge screen.

Only thing i'd want included would be a headphone plug for the sound, aswell as it coming out of speakers. Crowd noise etc would be audible, but without earphones/headphones, not sure if the commentary would. Depends how rowdy the place was.

Give it a go and let us all know what the experience was like.

I'll donate you 2bucks on paypal to go! get 9 others to do the same and you got a free UFC :thumb02:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I went to see Carwin vs Mir in the theater, and it was an absolute blast. It wasn't quiet like people imagine - It wasn't as loud as a bar, but people were definitely chatting and ooo'ing and ahhh'ing at KO's.

I loved it. The price tag is a little steep and no beer sucks, but I'd do it again. By big sticking point with this fight is I'm not that interested in the main event. But I'm definitely a supporter of UFC in theaters.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, if I can get at least 5 of you to do that, I'll go!

I promise a detailed review of the fights and the theater experience in return.

I'll check back at 5 PM PST. :)

If they did that here in the UK, i'd go for sure! Only ever likely to happen with events that are held here though, as eventsd held in the US air at 3am here.

Would be great to watch it on a huge screen.

Only thing i'd want included would be a headphone plug for the sound, aswell as it coming out of speakers. Crowd noise etc would be audible, but without earphones/headphones, not sure if the commentary would. Depends how rowdy the place was.

Give it a go and let us all know what the experience was like.

I'll donate you 2bucks on paypal to go! get 9 others to do the same and you got a free UFC
:thumb02:

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Honestly I never thought about it but I might give it a try as well. I cough up the $50 bucks over and over cause I hate going to the bar because if you don't go early you can't see shit. A theater might be fun.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I am totally gonna try it, its $20 but what ever I usually pay $50 but I had a busy month and don't want to shell out the money. Would go to the bar but can't find anyone who is off work on not doing something else. I won't feel like as much of a 3 legged freak sitting by myself in a theater as in a packed bar.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I am totally gonna try it, its $20 but what ever I usually pay $50 but I had a busy month and don't want to shell out the money. Would go to the bar but can't find anyone who is off work on not doing something else. I won't feel like as much of a 3 legged freak sitting by myself in a theater as in a packed bar.
You'll have fun man. KO's on the big screen are the best.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
You'll have fun man. KO's on the big screen are the best.
I will be interested to see what kind of crowd they get. Honestly the best fight I watched in a bar was Affliction DOR because the crowd was a such an educated one, I mean its not your typical UFC crowd. As for UFC crowds I watched a couple overseas PPV's live in the bar and that was interesting as well because the casuals all wait and go watch it at night so during the day it was a small crow flapping at the gums about Fedor and Pride. One noob said Kimbo could beat Fedor (this was when Elite XC was still going) and the hardcore crowd was just tearing him to pieces for most of the card. It was a fun experience though. I hate watching fights in the bar at night but if they are on during the afternoon the small crowd is so much better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Went to the theater and watched it. $20 bucks a ticket was definately too much. (However for some reason the theater was not checking tickets and managed to smuggle several friends in for free, haha.)

Out of the 300+ seating capacity in the theater there were only around 20 people.

Had a good time though, enjoyed wathing it on the big screen.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I was going to but $20 is too much $10 is good.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I was not impressed or disappointed, about 25 people, everyone was so quite though that it was kind of weird.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had mixed feelings about the big screen experience.

The picture:
-The image was crystal clear: you see all sorts of detail not possible when watching in a bar, or even on a large hdtv at home. The picture is enormous, and you can see EVERYTHING with crystal clarity.

The image was a bit dimmer than I'd like but resolution was outstanding.

The sound:
-Again, very clear. Uh, don't expect surround sound. Now here's the advantage of watching in a theater: in a bar, you're unlikely to hear the fight clearly. In a theater, you will be.

The audience:
-Now here's the biggest problem. There was no age limit and there were elementary and middle school aged kids making the dumbest of dumb comments.

The adults were well behaved; the children, well, acted like children. By far the worst aspect of the show, by far.

Overall, I figure this:
1. you pay $10 at the bar, but you can't hear the fight commentary.

2. you pay $20 at the theater, and you can appreciate the experience much more: the image is enormous and sound crystal clear.

If the audience had an age limit, I could recommend the experience wholeheartedly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.