Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Are you a Fighter?

33K views 71 replies 41 participants last post by  BT_Nolan 
#1 · (Edited)

You may have noticed a few members sporting the 'MMA Fighter' badge under their usernames.
You may also be thinking 'how do I get my hands on one of those bad boys?'

Well, here is how;

If you compete in MMA at any level, and have proof, then you qualify.

Proof can include anything from Youtube videos of your fights, photos of you in battle, fight cards with your name on, official records, etc, etc... basically anything that shows us that you aren't just after a cool badge and that you actually compete. We'll also need a photo of you holding up a bit of paper with your username on as well, y'know, so we actually KNOW it's you ;)

That's all well and good but what else do I get other than a nifty badge?

Well, you also get all the perks our Premium members get. (bigger avatar, Image in your signature, access to the hidden VIP lounge).
Not only that but you will look like a bad ass!! :thumb02:

If you are already a Premium member you wont get any extra perks, other than the badge. ;)

I think I qualify so what do I do now?

Post in here to register your interest and fill in the criteria below.

Name:...
Record:...
City/Town:...

If you don't want to post your videos or photos in here, then PM them to me, or any other moderator and providing it is actually you, then before you know it, you'll be rocking in the free world.

See less See more
#4 ·
First fight coming soon. I would have had one much earlier but I don't want a blemish on my amateur record because I didn't wait long enough and didn't learn as much as I could have before I got in the cage. I'll definitely keep you guys posted though. =)

Reactions: Killz
#23 ·
I am currently Boxing as an Amateur. My record is nothing to look at and I have had a long layoff from active competition(I boxed as a junior not as a senior). But I starting MMA training in the coming weeks and hopefully in a year or Two I can have an couple of fights depending on my progression.

#35 ·
I do not fight professionally, but I am training MMA with a focus on wrestling and kickboxing. I used to wrestle a lot at school and during my university diploma and I was good enough that I was recommended to train in USA. I like to wrestle and it saved my life. I used to get bullied at school until I started wrestling.

One day this man came into the gym where I train and started saying, 'anybody like to spar? I will give anybody 300 euros to anybody who can beat me in an unofficial fight'. This man looked to way about 98 kilos. I'm 85 kilos but I was not afraid and believed in my skills so I took the challenge.

We started circling each other until I sudden double leg takedown him to the ground and pounded him. I kept changing positions to confuse and bewilder hi so that when I would pound him, his body system would feel pain everywhere, and want to shut down. The worst moment for him came when I got his back and thrusted my hips deep into his ribs. Nobody was trying to stop it, I was surprised. Nobody pulled me off this man, they just stood there silenced. I then turned him and managed to get in a crucifix position for about a min. At 98 kilos, he was strong, not weak. But i'm 85kilos and I felt stronger than him for some reason.. I was surprised at how long he was enduring this until then I started pounding his face in from side control and he said he wanted to stop.

I got up and shook his hand but obviously he was upset. He started crying, lol. My intention was not to embarrass this man, but to show him he can't assume he can beat anybody just because he's from another country because there is ALWAYS somebody better than you.

#37 ·
I did not realise I needed to show you proof. If you read my post properly you would have deciphered that it was an unofficial fight, why would we video tape it and embarrass the person even more? Like i said, i'm not professional yet, but soon I will be. THEN you can see my first fight...bro :thumbsup: