Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In gardening and farming. There's a general rule of thumb that says healthy and beneficial bacteria grow in oxygen rich "aerobic" environments. While the opposite is also true. Harmful and dangerous bacteria grow under low oxygen "anaerobic" conditions. Compost piles are regularly turned to aerate: encourage growth of healthy beneficial bacteria. Compost tea often has a pump producing bubbles to inject oxygen into the mix for identical reasons.

It is possible. These principles apply also to human digestion. Having a healthy amount of oxygen in the gut and large intestine could encourage the growth of healthy and beneficial bacteria. Which could translate to an ability to absorb more energy from food. Resulting in higher energy levels.

Of course, there is a long list of variables and factors which determine a cell's capacity to produce and absorb energy. There is a lot more to it than that.

But blood and cell oxygenation being directly tied to energy levels and health. It has a direct impact on quality of life and athletic performance. Which could make the topic worth thinking about and considering.

Protein shakes being common in sports. Depending on which ingredients are used and how long they're blended. There are times when your smoothie / protein shake will be filled with bubbles. What are bubbles? Small pockets of air. Could that be one method of introducing oxygen into the digestive system? To promote the growth of healthy and beneficial microbes?

It is possible that a good protein shake / smoothie will have bubbles. To feed healthy gut microbes. And that's the proper way to make one. Air and fuel mixed in optimum ratios are one secret behind high performance. And I'm certain there are many other secrets out there, that people have never even heard of.

·
The Title Guy
18,410 Posts
That is certainly something I never thought about. So I'm guessing people not having good diets results in the bad bacteria festering in one's gut which results in all that stuff being in the toxic poop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts